Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a couple of questions that maybe someone could answer. Without any prior federal experience, can you start the DO position at a higher step in GS-7? Also, would this position be a great way into 1811 Investigator position with DHS and etc?

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      The announcement shows they're hiring for 5-7. Generally what is shown on the announcement is what they'll hire you at. As far as 1811 your mileage will vary, the DO job stops you're retirement clock. You would still have to go through the entire consideration process (testing, interview, etc).

• I have a bit of a question. When your background investigator interviews your references, does he tell them what position you're working towards?

The reason I bring it up is I grew up and live in some pretty blue states and some of my contacts might have poor opinions of the agency.

Kind of related, but do most DO's tell other's where they work? I was wondering if in today's climate, it might be best to keep it close to your chest.

Comment

• Criso
      Criso commented
      Editing a comment
      I talked to my BI about that and she told me technically she doesn’t even know what position I’m applying for. She said she could tell it’s for ICE and what clearance I was getting but doesn’t know the details. She just was assigned for 95% of my background check and that’s what she was going to do. When she contacted my coworkers and references she just told them that I was going through a federal background check. My coworkers had to ask me personally what agency I applied for.

• Srok1
      Srok1 commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 w/Crisco. They will just say they're a BI and shouldn't be telling anyone the details of your job position. You could always tell them to not give too many details as well...

• Itchysweater
      Itchysweater commented
      Editing a comment
      Criso Srok1 Thanks guys. Thats great news

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      When I did BI's I would never tell references what sort of job the person was applying for. My line went like "This person is under consideration for a position related to national security, and I am conducting an investigation on them in reference to that. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so I can set up a time to discuss this individual with you. Thank you for your time.

And yes BI's have the ability to look up to see what the job you are in the running for. I rarely would do it because I didn't have a need to.

• Any one ever get this email?
    Attached Files

Comment

• Andrewmp2020
      Andrewmp2020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the heads up

• Theout
      Theout commented
      Editing a comment
      They probably want you to submit additional documents or some information to clarify something in your background

• notoriousjnc
      notoriousjnc commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s probably going to be an letter of inquiry regarding a ‘red flag’ in your background. No worries though. Just follow instructions and mail everything back within the time frame.

• Andrewmp2020
      Andrewmp2020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anyone know if a nopa usually comes before or after the poly?

• Does anyone have any details about the GS-13 DO Comp STD Officer? I was referred for McAllen, Karnes City, and Dilley, TX; Lupkin, GA, Milan, NM, and Gadsden, Alabama with a rating of 100.

Comment

• Srok1
      Srok1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're current ICE? You're basically working with detention center staff to ensure they are complying with all ICE federal detainee standards. GS13 Non-supervisory position and some decent autonomy in your work. Not bad if you don't mind being in the detention center often.

• Anyone apply to the NJ location hear anything back yet to start the process yet? I know people down south got emails already.

Comment

• Did anyone who applied to Dallas FO hear anything or received a TSL?

Comment

• I received my TSL yesterday.

You have been tentatively selected for the position of DEPORTATION OFFICER, GL-1801 Grade 7, under DAL-ERO-10951646-DH-MJ with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U. S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Please note that this is an alternate selection; an official job offer will be contingent upon the availability of a funded position. You must accept this offer within the next 3 days.
        US Army Veteran
        The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• Srok1
          Srok1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations

• trooper2864
          trooper2864 commented
          Editing a comment
          darkhorse6 congrats!! Do you know of a location yet?

• darkhorse6
          darkhorse6 commented
          Editing a comment
          I put in for central and west texas

• That's great. Congrats. Any Buffalo applicants yet?

Comment

• Any Miami applicants?

Comment

• Congratulations

Comment

• Anyone get NY TSL?

Comment

• Received my TSL this morning! Thank God after 3 tries.

Comment

• darkhorse6
                  darkhorse6 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Was yours an alternate as well or the normal selection letter?

• Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post
                Was yours an alternate as well or the normal selection letter?
                As far as I know it just says tentative selection bro. It’s for the SA AOR. Wbu?
                Last edited by Houston713; 02-22-2021, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• darkhorse6
                  darkhorse6 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mine was from the same area

• Congrats bro! I hope NJ/NYC TSL comes out soon. I’ll keep people updated

Comment

• How close did they cut It with the official EOD emails? I’m going to be 19 days till my EOD and still haven’t received mine.

*****Disregard. Went back on the forum and found out It would be sent no later than 2 weeks before your EOD.
                  Last edited by Criso; 02-23-2021, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• Calitown
                    Calitown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @Crisco
                    Not always. Dallas sent my EOD email two days before I was to show up. Don't panic, if you received the call from Dallas telling your EOD date verbally, then that is what it is. The email is just a written confirmation, thats all.

• Criso
                    Criso commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Calitown crap. The woman recommended that I put In my 2 weeks after I received the email, but now knowing that the emails are inconsistent, I am planning to do It this Friday to give my current employer the appropriate 2 weeks. Thank you. Much appreciated.

• Criso
                    Criso commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Calitown Got my email. Thank you sir.

• Calitown
                    Calitown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @Crisco
                    Nice, congrats!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4060 users online. 263 members and 3797 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X