Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trooper2864 thanks man

Comment

• Guessing we won't see too much movement in light of the recent executive orders. Anyone hear anything further?

Comment

• darkhorse6
        darkhorse6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Crickets on my end after getting the referral notice.

• darkhorse6

people are still being hired.

Comment

• darkhorse6
        darkhorse6 commented
        Editing a comment
        I put in for central and west Texas locations for preferences. Hopefully I’ll hear something at some point.

• Their AUO/flsa is toast.

Comment

• my93rx7tt
        my93rx7tt commented
        Editing a comment
        OOOOFFFFFFAAA!!!! That would suck.

• Calitown
        Calitown commented
        Editing a comment
        SHU yep RIP. Standard 80 hour work periods. Better hope you have a side gig or something.

• Calitown SHU
      complete wrong on your AUO observation. But I’m sure wether our AUO is gone or not you’re still eating on the job. So you should be really hoping for the best.

Comment

• SHU
        SHU commented
        Editing a comment
        You can hope for the best all you want but you better be prepared for the worst.

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
      Their AUO/flsa is toast.

There is definitely a risk but there have been some recent developments that could protect AUO from the Biden regime. You are employed in a different agency and have no clue what is or is not coming down the pipeline.

“Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
      DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• SHU
        SHU commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't need to live in Alaska to know it's cold. But I do know whatever it is, it probably won't be good given the current circumstances. You didn't forget they were just talking about abolishing your outfit not too long ago? Just remember, 25% of something is better than 100% of nothing. And best of luck with that 13.

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        SHU .. Anything could happen under this regime but my previous statement stands. Overall I am not that concerned. Worse case scenario I punch out soon. Hell, I may leave anyway because the madness that will soon be unleashed will not be enjoyable. Anyone wearing a badge is a target for these lunatics including our brothers in green.

• bleedblue8911
        bleedblue8911 commented
        Editing a comment
        mkmkmkmkm mkmkmkm
        Last edited by bleedblue8911; 02-19-2021, 07:03 PM.

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        bleedblue8911 way to contribute to the conversation Menso!!

• My background was submitted 2 months ago and now y’all are worrying me. I hope there’s not a hiring freeze where I dont get hired that would suck. This is my dream job.

Comment

• JordanB
        JordanB commented
        Editing a comment
        I know your pain

• Criso
        Criso commented
        Editing a comment
        JordanB I know hahaha

• JordanB
        JordanB commented
        Editing a comment
        @crisco one day will be our day!

• Just got the call! EOD next month!

Comment

• I received an email today asking if I’m still interested in the position and what locations I’d be willing to work at. So the process is moving still.

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Same I threw my hat in when the announcement opened this year. Wasn't expecting much, and was surprised to see an email today. I guess parole exp. might have helped move the resume forward.

• zombiemap
          zombiemap commented
          Editing a comment
          that's good news, I got referred but still waiting to hear back. what locations did they have or you asked for?

how did the email look, ill be on the look out

• Did anyone else get an email saying if they are still interested in the position?

Comment

• KG83
          KG83 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sadly someone stated on the other forum that the email doesn't mean anything and they received four similar emails during other announcements and it didn't amount to anything for them. I'm praying for a different result.

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          KG83 are you talking about the deportation officer delphi forum thread? Exbpa340 is the only sane person who is on that forum. I looked at some of the posts on there, and that forum is worse than reddit. The person "you're talking about said he got the email 3 separate occasions and 2 for the same announcement at different times throughout the year, and never got the transfer". Based on that post he or she sounds like they are an employee trying to transfer to another area.

• KG83
          KG83 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, that's the comment I'm talking about. I just realized that he/she said " transfer". Do you know anyone who received that email and got on? I have been trying to get on for a while and this is the first time I received something like this and I was hoping a good sign.

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know anything about how ICE does their hiring. I have never had any interaction with them, other than getting that email.

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
        Did anyone else get an email saying if they are still interested in the position?
        Nope. Crickets.

Comment

• A POC looked for my name of referred candidates and I was told they didn't get an updated lists at the location that I applied for. The POC did say they had 2 old lists with names on it but nothing new yet. This was as of last week.

Comment

• They seem to be pulling names from the Jan 5/7 announcement. I only applied for the 11/12 announcements and scored mid 90's and have not received any calls yet.

There are some CBPO and BP who are so desperate to get out they applied for the 5/7 posting as well to increase their chance on being hired. I am not interested in taking that big of a pay-cut to be honest.

Also remember that there is always a large amount of applicants who get a job offer but end up not taking it since it is not a location they want to work at. So your chances of getting an offer do increase as time goes on. But there is a small number of DO's to start with so numbers are not in your favor. My advice if you really want to get hired apply for the 5/7 postings and put in for the ****ty southern border FOs.

Seeing CBPOs with less than 3 years expierence and no real immigration expierence get hired for the 5/7 spots in laughable in my opinion. I imagine ICE is trying to save money hiring the low salary peoples before the 11/12 applicants.

I am also being told by a few DO's that pretty much 90% of the new hires reporting to their location are all prior BP or CBP.
            Last edited by fathitman; 02-08-2021, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• The Muscle Dude
              The Muscle Dude commented
              Editing a comment
              @Exbpa also to piggy bank on that...if you're a CBPO (legacy INS Immigration Inspector) and took the academy prior to 2003, you're academy exempt as well, even if you just applied over a year agon. They just went back to how it was before. The determination is based on which academy is completed, not which agency/office you're from.

• Exbpa340
              Exbpa340 commented
              Editing a comment
              Correct legacy II’s could always come over but they for the most part were few and far between as the years have gone on.

• Checkmate
              Checkmate commented
              Editing a comment
              @Exbpa what about AMO? If you've done the Air and Marine Academy, do you have to do the DO academy?

• Exbpa340
              Exbpa340 commented
              Editing a comment
              From a current announcement.... doesn’t look like the AMO academy qualifies.

Completion of Training: You must have successfully completed Basic Immigration Law Enforcement Training in accordance with 8 CFR 287.1(g) and other applicable agency policy. This includes successful completion of the Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) Enforcement & Removal Operations (ERO) Basic Immigration Law Enforcement Training Program (ICE_BIETP); ICE Detention & Removal Operations (DRO) Basic Immigration Law Enforcement Training Program (ICE_D); the legacy Immigration Officer Basic Training Course (IOBTC); the Border Patrol Academy (USBPI); the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Academy Officer Basic Training Program (OBT); the combination of both the legacy Basic Immigration Detention Enforcement Officer Training Course and the ICE DRO Equivalency Training Program (ETP); the ICE Special Agent Training Program; the combination of FLETC Criminal Investigator Training Program and the DRO Equivalency Training Program for Special Agents (ETPSA) and for legacy US Customs Special Agents, the ICE / Customs Special Agent Cross Training Program. Due to regulatory requirements, no other training will be accepted.

• Any December 2020 Lateral Announcement people heard anything other than the rating letter?

Comment

• Well just check with MSS from one of the locations I selected. I won’t say which location but I was told that selections have been made. Being that I haven’t received anything I’m assuming I wasn’t selected for either of my selected locations. Guess 3rd time isn’t a charm, smh what a gut punch.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4972 users online. 300 members and 4672 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X