Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is not agency specific, but is anyone else seeing a change to their USA Jobs application view? All application statuses are now either "Accepting Applications" or "Reviewing Applications."

Comment

• I was referred to as a GL 5 because I put that it was the lowest I’ll accept but I wasn’t referred to as a GL 7. I have prior LE experience too. Strange.

Comment

• Srok1
        Srok1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Could've been the way you wrote up your Federal resume (assuming it was in that format). KSA is very important for the BQ. Nothing to worry about; if you do get through the process it'll only be a few years to your GS-12 (4 years).

• I got referred for GS7
      Timeline:
      09/2014= applied
      10/2014= tested
      11/2014=oral board
      11/2014=background submitted
      03/2015=conditional offer
      04/2015=final offer
      06/2015=started the academy
      09/2015=sworn in

standby to standby

Comment

• I got referred for gs7. Third time is a charm hopefully.

Comment

• trooper2864
          trooper2864 commented
          Editing a comment
          Guess we all can standby to standby lol I’m surprised I got referred I felt like I did terrible on that assessment specifically part 2

• Originally posted by trooper2864 View Post
        Guess we all can standby to standby lol I’m surprised I got referred I felt like I did terrible on that assessment specifically part 2
        Yea man. Especially those seating order ones lol

Comment

• trooper2864
          trooper2864 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bro those questions were ridiculous I’m like WTF I’m clueless lololol I used all 5 minutes up on those questions but hey apparently I did better than expected

• Didn't get the 5, but got the 7. I, as well, felt like I didn't do well on the assessment. Let's see what happens.

Comment

• Calitown
          Calitown commented
          Editing a comment
          muleyman0123, as long as you were referred initially and did not completely bomb the assessment you're pretty much in. Congratulations to all you guys, its definitely a shaky time to be joining our agency, especially if youre coming from another one, but sometimes the pros outweighs the cons. Good luck!

• muleyman0123
          muleyman0123 commented
          Editing a comment
          Calitown, I appreciate your response and yes, I'm coming with TSA & BOP experience. I'm still not celebrating just yet since I've been in this position of being "referred" but yet still not selected for an interview. If I'm actually called for an interview then I might air up a balloon or something as a courtesy.

• Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          Being refereed and actually getting selected are completely different. There’s one poster on here stating that this is his 3rd time being referred. There will definitely be people referred that never receive a TSL. Add in the uncertainty with a new anti-enforcement administration coming on board and who knows what the end result will be. Maybe everything works out for you applicants. One thing for sure is that Amnesty is coming (just like in GOT - Winter is Coming). Watching the destruction of our country from the front row will not be enjoyable.

• Originally posted by trooper2864 View Post
        Bro those questions were ridiculous I’m like WTF I’m clueless lololol I used all 5 minutes up on those questions but hey apparently I did better than expected
        Same here bro lol every last minute. But it’s out of our hands now so let’s see how this goes.

Comment

• Calitown
          Calitown commented
          Editing a comment
          Houston713, the hiring process is going to go by quick. You'll be surprised.

• Originally posted by Calitown View Post
        Houston713, the hiring process is going to go by quick. You'll be surprised.
        Yea man,I heard you can’t even compare the wait time with ICE & CBP. I’m hoping & praying because this is my 3rd time being referred. Just need that TSL.

Comment

• Got referred for the 7 as well
          US Army Veteran
          The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• Did anyone get referred to as a GL 7 solely on local LE experience?

Comment

• darkhorse6
              darkhorse6 commented
              Editing a comment
              I did. 8 yrs LE and 5 point Vet

• What are we looking at now? Anyone know? Apps go to area we selected and if they like what they see they will interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by MannyE View Post
              Did anyone get referred to as a GL 7 solely on local LE experience?
              Yea I did
              Timeline:
              09/2014= applied
              10/2014= tested
              11/2014=oral board
              11/2014=background submitted
              03/2015=conditional offer
              04/2015=final offer
              06/2015=started the academy
              09/2015=sworn in

standby to standby

Comment

• Did anyone have to submit extra documents to EOD-
                _LOI email? If so how long did it take for them to get back to you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Exbpa340 View Post
                  Being refereed and actually getting selected are completely different. There’s one poster on here stating that this is his 3rd time being referred. There will definitely be people referred that never receive a TSL. Add in the uncertainty with a new anti-enforcement administration coming on board and who knows what the end result will be. Maybe everything works out for you applicants. One thing for sure is that Amnesty is coming (just like in GOT - Winter is Coming). Watching the destruction of our country from the front row will not be enjoyable.
                  Hit the nail right on the head. I’m speaking from first hand experience. When that TSL comes in is when you can take a deep breath lol.

Comment

• Does anyone know about the salary and overtime? And the job itself?

Comment

• The Muscle Dude
                      The Muscle Dude commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes and you should stay away from it for asking such questions.

• trooper2864
                      trooper2864 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Zombiemap just click on exbpa340 name and search his posts he explained in detail this question

• Exbpa340
                      Exbpa340 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The basics..
                      During the academy you should expect straight base pay.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...ement-officer/

After the academy you will get certified for AUO. Depending on location/management your AUO percentage could be as high as an additional 25 percent. FLSA is an additional pay for all hours worked above 85.5 hours in a pay period. The more AUO or 45 Act (overtime) the more your FLSA will increase. If you are at the 25 percent AUO FLSA should give you an additional 6-8 percent (mine worked out to an additional 6.7 percent for last year).

Look at the salary chart to determine the particular locality pay schedule. Take the base # and increase by 32 percent (AUO plus FLSA). This should be in the ballpark for your anual compensation.

A GS 12/1 on the RUS locality schedule (lowest in the nation) should make around 101k (assuming 25 percent AUO).

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5218 users online. 316 members and 4902 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X