Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarcyMarsoc
    replied
    Dallasg15 from what I was told, people that fail the academy was because of the pt part. However, you only have to run a mile and half in 14 min, so the people that couldn’t pass that were just out of shape. Academia wise, the test are open book style.

Leave a comment:

• The Muscle Dude
    commented on 's reply
    Much, much tougher than HSI academy...but not USMS.

• Page
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, that's less bad. Still long, but you're almost there!

• ChiGuy1980
    commented on 's reply
    Page 6-8 months from when I EOD back in April. Not sure what they’re going to make me do.

• NCG128
    commented on 's reply
    I second this, can someone also give us a break down on the academics as well!

• Page
    commented on 's reply
    ChiGuy1980, that is a long time to wait. You mean 6-8 months from now, or 6-8 months total, minus your time since EOD? Also, will you be going through the full FLETC new hire program, or the shorter transition training program?
    Last edited by Page; 07-13-2020, 06:47 PM.

• ATanaka
    commented on 's reply
    I'm really curious to know too. That's the first time I ever heard that it was tougher than USM or HSI.

• Dallasg15
    commented on 's reply
    * what is the PT requirement for them is it mainly “participation” type of environment or are they trying to murder in every PT session*

Just curious because I already done my fair share of Drill instructors screaming at me lol...
    and doing “PT because of the weakest link in the class”

• Dallasg15
    replied
    Anyone has clarity of how FLETC is like for ERO I’ve been to FLETC already for UPTP, but I was just advise today by someone that ERO academy is tougher than HSI/ Marshal’s which I highly doubt..but any current guys at the academy or who went to the academy within the previous year can shed some light of how it’s run down their for ERO

Running and doing push-ups/PT is just something that gets done at every academy so I don’t care about that. Just didn’t like the whole scare tactic some guys like to do for their agencies.

Leave a comment:

• Jman917
    commented on 's reply
    Office for me is not commutable so I will be renting a room for the foreseeable future. I believe they want me in the office everyday, however I have been told that a lot of DOs are teleworking. So I am not sure what the actual plan is for when we start. Probably assisting with office duties and getting some training when available.

• Costanza
    commented on 's reply
    How far are you from the office?! And they want you there on the daily or just checking in? IF I get the call I would be in somewhat of the same situation, the offices that were offered to me are 1.5-2hr drive one way. I personally would just grind it out until you roll to the academy but I already drive an 1-1.5 hours to work in the same traffic it will just be worse because I have to go further and the traffic gets worse. Next best case is what ChiGuy1980 said, rent a room from some old lady or old man and stay there a couple nights a week. Maybe not full time but a few nights to take the drain out of grinding on that commute.

• ChiGuy1980
    commented on 's reply
    I am somewhat in a similar situation. I EOD back in April and I am still waiting on an academy date. My supervisor told me to expect it to be about 6-8 months. My advice would be to look for a sublet apartment if you can. That’s what I did. Best of luck.

• Jman917
    replied
    Recently cleared the pre employment process and was given an EOD date in September. Like others, I was not given an academy date. At this time, it appears that I will be renting a room near the office until i go through fletc so that my wife can stay in our home. Considering atendees currently can not leave fletc once on base, it makes sense for her to stay back close to family and friends.

Since I have no academy date, I am unsure how long I will have to financially carry a mortgage and a second housing option. Plus, I am concerned that fletc may get shutdown a second time. I asked HR if I could detail to an office nearby until I completed training, but was told this was not feasible at this time. Anyone else have any advice or in a similar situation?

Leave a comment:

• MarcyMarsoc
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the quick reply sir

• Exbpa340
    replied
    You will generally progress up the grades Until you reach full performance level GS 12 automatically. You will spend 52 weeks at each grade 7,9 and 11. Once at the GS 12 you will move along the longevity steps.

Moving into management is a personal decision and for most locations require years of experience (you can promote up the chain faster in less than desirable locations). Being an SDDO requires a well rounded knowledge of the the job, policy and the law.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2770 users online. 154 members and 2616 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X