Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted
    people just received NOR below
    Last edited by Theout; 01-07-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• What Aor did you guys apply to?

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        San antonio/houston

• Just got this for GS5/7. Oh well, on to the next one.

Thank you for your interest in Federal employment with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Please note, this is not a job offer.

This is a record of your application for Federal employment for the occupation shown below. This notice provides information within your record as it appears in the files of the Servicing Office shown above.

Series-Position Title:1801-Deportation Officer
      Vacancy ID:10951646
      Announcement Number:DAL-ERO-10951646-DH-MJ

Ineligible for the following position or positions:
      • GL-1801-5; Your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants. If additional vacancies occur before the certificate expires, your application will be considered at that time.
      • GL-1801-7; Your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants. If additional vacancies occur before the certificate expires, your application will be considered at that time.

If you have questions regarding this message, please use the contact information listed in the vacancy announcement.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE. IT IS AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED.

Comment

• some_name1
        some_name1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same response here unfortunately.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        They must've had a ton of applicants.

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        Odds are that very few outside the agency will get picked up. There was already a very big hiring push last year (meaning very few vacancies) and now with the election “results” I wouldn’t hold out for this position. If it happens for you then great but I would start looking elsewhere. Just my 2 cents.

• Calitown
        Calitown commented
        Editing a comment
        Exbpa340
        Yep, I've had a lot of buddies who informed me that they weren't referred, and all of them are either in local LE or a Federal LEA. The only two guys I know who got referred was an active duty soldier ETSing and another veteran who recently got out. Interesting what the criteria of hiring was for this announcement...

• Originally posted by NYC1175 View Post
      Just got this for GS5/7. Oh well, on to the next one.

Thank you for your interest in Federal employment with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Please note, this is not a job offer.

This is a record of your application for Federal employment for the occupation shown below. This notice provides information within your record as it appears in the files of the Servicing Office shown above.

Series-Position Title:1801-Deportation Officer
      Vacancy ID:10951646
      Announcement Number:DAL-ERO-10951646-DH-MJ

Ineligible for the following position or positions:
      • GL-1801-5; Your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants. If additional vacancies occur before the certificate expires, your application will be considered at that time.
      • GL-1801-7; Your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants. If additional vacancies occur before the certificate expires, your application will be considered at that time.

If you have questions regarding this message, please use the contact information listed in the vacancy announcement.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE. IT IS AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED.
      I received the same message this afternoon, moving to the next I guess lol.

Comment

• I just got my assessment this morning via email anyone else ?
        Timeline:
        09/2014= applied
        10/2014= tested
        11/2014=oral board
        11/2014=background submitted
        03/2015=conditional offer
        04/2015=final offer
        06/2015=started the academy
        09/2015=sworn in

standby to standby

Comment

• I got my assessment email early this morning, stating no further action is required... guess it’s moving along.

Comment

• I received email i need to take assessment and complete by November 2021 to be considered. Hmmmm

Comment

• Theout
              Theout commented
              Editing a comment
              You might want to look at the date again ...

• my93rx7tt
              my93rx7tt commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea, I noticed that now. Thought it didn't make sense when announcement said 48 hours for completion.

• I received an email to take the assessments. I only had to take the last 2 sections. They were not bad at all.

Comment

• I am now starting to make the uniformed sections of this blog aware of a resource for those who are looking at potential career broadening opportunities later on down the road (many uniformed officers make the switch to criminal investigations & make great 1811s due to their experience). The average starting age for 1811s usually hovers in the early 30s & for most, it is their second LEO job. Additionally, uniformed fed LEOs get to keep their retirement years, TSP contributions & often receive higher starting pay bands. I hope this is useful to everyone on this forum:

I run an online site that relates to all things "1811." It includes agency profiles, hiring advice, article links and videos pertaining to the Special Agent profession.

www.specialagents.org OR Type "Special Agents Blog" into Google

I currently have agency profiles for HSI, DEA, FBI, ATF, Secret Service, DSS, IRS CI, USPIS, NCIS and now OSI.

My goal is for this website to be a great resources for current, past and future special agents. Content suggestions (ie articles, links, books) are ALWAYS welcome as providing a central repository is the intended goal.

I wish the best to my fellow law enforcement officers; be proud of your service.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Last edited by specialagentblog; 01-08-2021, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Completed my assessment yesterday afternoon. I didn’t see a score so I assume that will come next week.
                US Army Veteran
                The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• trooper2864
                  trooper2864 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey I ain’t complaining DHA is good for someone like me I’m just stating the assessment sucks.

• trooper2864
                  trooper2864 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dumb question but I assume even with DHA you still need to pass the assessment at 81 or above like the announcement implied (actually stated 81 and above may be used)

• Exbpa340
                  Exbpa340 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good luck with your “complaint”. It’s the verbiage on the announcement that matters. BTW the website also discusses a 2017 EO about a 10,000 deportation officer surge that never happened so you may want to include that also. I have taken more than a few proctored job exams over the years. Most provided little to zero study material and the material available was from private companies selling them for profit. BP and OFO are constantly having staffing shortages and provided you pass all the steps you will get a job offer. ERO has hundreds (if not more) of eager applicants for every opening. Thousands of qualified (some highly qualified) individuals will never get a job offer with ERO. Historically general announcements for the DO position regularly receive several thousand applications in the first hour or so of opening. As far as the assessment goes there doesn’t appear to be anything unfair (in reference to lack of study material).

ICE obtained DHA about a year ago and continues to utilize this authority. I’d be willing to bet that this announcement was under DHA.

I’m not in the “know” for staffing issues but I would not expect ERO to hire in any significant numbers off this announcement. My sub office picked up 7 new hires in 2020 (2 still waiting to EOD) thus filling all openings. I suspect that this is a similar story across the nation. There will probably be a few here or there but definitely not like last year. The other issue is the change in administration. I can easily see them putting the kibosh on all hiring.

Hope for the best but expect the worst.
                  Last edited by Exbpa340; 01-11-2021, 05:31 PM.

• Theout
                  Theout commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep that’d the rule they implemented in this announcement. 81 is doable
                  Last edited by Theout; 01-10-2021, 11:33 AM.

• Muleyman0123, you make a valid point. The agency would probably say, their website is out of date. I would take a screen shot of the verbiage and then do what you need to do since you have facts to support your complaint.

Comment

• Exbpa340, Thank you guys for your quick responses. By the way, I'm not going to file a complaint. I said "If a complaint would be justified..." yadda yadda yay. According to the "Reasoning Assessment" of the test, "If" doesn't mean a sure thing
                  Last edited by muleyman0123; 01-10-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Exbpa340
                    Exbpa340 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can understand venting that it would have been nice to have some study material but to actually consider filing a complaint because study material wasn’t provided to you seems a little “whiny” to me. A different era I guess. Just my first impression reading your comment.

• I just saw it has another step to weed out applicants they don’t want for their agency.
                  US Army Veteran
                  The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• Check y’all’s email, referrals just went out. Received mine a couple of mins ago.

Comment

• Same here. Check your emails again. I just received a referral letter this morning. I was only referred for the GL7 grade. No test score was provided.

Comment

• txhorns2124
                      txhorns2124 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah same here bro, just referred for the 7.. even tho I selected 5 as the lowest i would accept.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5081 users online. 263 members and 4818 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X