Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The key to getting an ICE DO job is checking USAJOBS literally all day and all night. If you forget to check one day, then you will miss out.

A Taco Bell employee has a greater chance of getting hired than an experienced LEO from another agency, provided the TB employee applies as soon as the announcement is flown.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
      The key to getting an ICE DO job is checking USAJOBS literally all day and all night. If you forget to check one day, then you will miss out.

A Taco Bell employee has a greater chance of getting hired than an experienced LEO from another agency, provided the TB employee applies as soon as the announcement is flown.
      I can’t speak for the entire country but at my office over the last decade (up until the Jan 2020 announcement) the only people hired were veterans and Border Patrol Agents (many checked both boxes). Now with ICE getting DH authority they can pretty much select whomever they want and at my office the selections were all submitted prior to even receiving a list from HR. So it is highly unlikely a Taco Bell employee would get hired unless he was already known to the selecting official.

I can not see there being many openings after the last big hiring push. My small office had 7 openings and filled them all.
      “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
      DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• Houston713
        Houston713 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, in your opinion out of the 500 applicants how many do you estimate will get hired?

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        My best guess (and it’s only a guess) would be 25 - 50 nationwide. We are still waiting for two of the selections at my office to come on board.

• Originally posted by Exbpa340 View Post
      I can not see there being many openings after the last big hiring push. My small office had 7 openings and filled them all.
      With the cutoff at 500 nationwide, you know that will end up being a small pool that will make it to the list eligible for final offers. Sounds like just maintaining a hiring pool for attrition. I agree with you that we can kiss any "hiring pushes" goodbye for the forseeable future.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
        The key to getting an ICE DO job is checking USAJOBS literally all day and all night. If you forget to check one day, then you will miss out.

Obviously you cant get hired, no matter how qualified you are, unless you hit the announcement window.

I cant speak for other offices either, but I have yet to meet a DO hired in the past 5 years that came straight from a fastfood job and didnt have a degree, MIL/LEO exp, or ICE contractor/support staff. Now CBP on the other hand.....

Comment

• Is the journeymen salary , including how many ever hours of regular OT, for a DO that much less than a journeymen gs 13 1811?

Comment

• Exbpa340
            Exbpa340 commented
            Editing a comment
            The DO position is probably the highest paid non 1811 primary LEO position in the country (excluding the few ICE TEOs).. An 1811 will usually top out at GS 13 and will earn more but DOs are considered FLSA nonexempt (1811s are FLSA exempt) so this closes a bit of the gap. You could pretty much consider the DO position a GS 12,5 due to this FLSA.

• I applied to this last announcement. Definitely a short window...

Comment

• I got a TO like 9 months later from the January announcement. I have a Bachelors with no military or Le experience and I work part time. There was somebody else here I saw that got a TO with the same background. In short, I guess anything is possible. I wouldn’t disregard any possibilities or not have hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exbpa340 View Post
              My best guess (and it’s only a guess) would be 25 - 50 nationwide. We are still waiting for two of the selections at my office to come on board.
              Wow. I know this is not CBP but that would be a very small percentage.

Comment

• The announcement lists "Many Vacancies." If say, 150 out of the 500 make it all the way through, will they hire 150? Who knows. It's all conjecture at this point anyway. Put your best foot forward, prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC1175 View Post
                  The announcement lists "Many Vacancies." If say, 150 out of the 500 make it all the way through, will they hire 150? Who knows. It's all conjecture at this point anyway. Put your best foot forward, prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
                  Yup, that’s the motto.

Comment

• I applied even though I will be finishing my Bachelors by the end of next year. Looks like a long shot in my situation but I guess it doesn’t hurt to try.

Comment

• Bidstar
                      Bidstar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes I did do that JordanB but I'm preparing for the worst to be honest.
                      Last edited by Bidstar; 12-15-2020, 07:32 AM.

• JordanB
                      JordanB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bidstar I’m sure you’ll be fine!

• supNova95
                      supNova95 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bidstar I have seen sometimes with agencies that if you will complete your degree within 9months of the announcement closing they sometimes qualify candidates. When I first applied for CBP I was exactly 9months away from graduating and they let me continue the hiring process.

• Exbpa340
                      Exbpa340 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The 9 month rule needs to be posted on the announcement otherwise all qualifications will need to be met by the close of the announcement.

• Applied yesterday around noon time. Unfortunately, I imagine I am beyond late to meet the 500 applicant cutoff. Kicking myself for not checking in the early morning as I always do.

Comment

• some_name1
                      some_name1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That only makes it worse since I had gone to bed just after it was posted most likely. But, who knows, we may have a chance.

• supNova95
                      supNova95 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      some_name1 I wouldn't be discouraged about it! You have to think out of the first 500 applicants maybe roughly half of them meet the qualifications in which they will continue to move down the line. Say they do meet the requirements roughly about half will pass the online exam. It will just take some time and I would say if you applied within that first day then you have a very good shot of getting selected to take the exam and go through the hiring process after passing the exam.

• A300!
                      A300! commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I applied Monday night. I guess I must be really late.

• Mac11
                      Mac11 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah.. same boat. Of course the past couple days I didn't check it. I just now got my app in. Better luck next time I suppose.

• I think everyone here Just need to stop doubting themselves, just apply and forget don't beat yourself up for not applying on the first day, there will be plenty of people that will pull their application, get disqualified, or fail the exam, and they'll move down the list. there will be other opportunities and other announcements for this.

Comment

• JordanB
                      JordanB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That’s nice words of encouragement I think many of the people who recently applied needed to hear this.

• some_name1
                      some_name1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good advice that I need to take myself as I have seen it happen firsthand in obtaining previous roles.

• Yshaban
                      Yshaban commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah I agree i know how discouraging it is to apply to anything federal and i know how demoralizing it is, speaking for myself as of this moment I have 38 active applications on USAJOBS with almost all referred to a hiring manager and yet here i still am applying.

• Those who have taken an ICE DO entrance exam before: how was it? is it similar to CBP OFO or BP? Online or in person? Writing sample essay or multiple choice?

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
                      Mike_lowrey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wow. thanks for the insight guys.

• oef_vet
                      oef_vet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Huh I thought it was pretty easy... unless they changed it since the January announcement.

• Calitown
                      Calitown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It requires more than the CBPO or BPA assessment. It's like a 30 question comprehension test + a biographical essay about you that is timed.

• NYC1175
                      NYC1175 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sounds like it's sort of similar to the FBI Phase I in terms of logical reasoning questions (read a paragraph, answer "based on the above which is/isnt true")?

• Anyone have any information on the type of work a DO does in the Seattle area? How long does it take to get to Fug ops and do I have to work at the detention center as a new guy or can I get lucky and get the office.

I applied right after the lateral posting was opened. Put in for Phoenix and Seattle FO. If Phoenix calls I am going to try and get Tucson since I know the area. But Seattle would be a smaller move for me to do which would be easier. Luckily I have a buddy in the Tucson office so I know how it runs but have NO IDEA how the Seattle office/Detention Center work.
                    Last edited by fathitman; 12-16-2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3524 users online. 215 members and 3309 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X