Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey there guys new to this forum just wondering if anyone has heard of any new positions coming up for deportation officer, which I doubt because of this pandemic but wouldn't hurt to ask

Comment

• notoriousjnc
      notoriousjnc commented
      Editing a comment
      Last year they had an announcement in November and one in January. Just check USA jobs consistently. Tons of people were hired during the pandemic so don’t lose hope.

• Calitown
      Calitown commented
      Editing a comment
      notoriousjnc Yep, this is true. I was one of them, and the hiring process was really quick.

• Originally posted by BigZ152 View Post
    Hey there guys new to this forum just wondering if anyone has heard of any new positions coming up for deportation officer, which I doubt because of this pandemic but wouldn't hurt to ask
    I was told by a DO that after the election they will be hiring again he said there were a few positions here in Vegas they needed to fill.
    Timeline:
    09/2014= applied
    10/2014= tested
    11/2014=oral board
    11/2014=background submitted
    03/2015=conditional offer
    04/2015=final offer
    06/2015=started the academy
    09/2015=sworn in

standby to standby

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ152 View Post
      Hey there guys new to this forum just wondering if anyone has heard of any new positions coming up for deportation officer, which I doubt because of this pandemic but wouldn't hurt to ask
      I think it is highly unlikely that any mass hiring will take place in the near future. In these past few months ICE has hired more Officers than at any point in the past ten years. ICE still has many waiting to EOD and can fill any openings with the current lists of candidates. The academies are currently backed up for months. Anything is possible but I wouldn’t count on another public announcement for a year or more. Just my opinion.
      “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
      DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• trooper2864
        trooper2864 commented
        Editing a comment
        EXBPA I appreciate the information thank you one last question. My good friend and neighbor is FBI and he was mentioning of some sort of on call pay which was 25% of the base pay is that the AUO or LEAP? And does ICE receive that ?

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        Both LEAP and AUO are considered premium pay and count toward your high 3 and TSP matching (unlike traditional overtime). FLSA does not count toward your high 3 or TSP matching.

LEAP is a 25 percent addition to your base pay provided you work an additional 20 hours per pay period.. Calculations are figured annually. LEAP positions are considered FLSA exempt.

AUO is a tiered system. If you average 18.01 or more AUO hours in a pay period you are compensated with an additional 25 percent pay. If you average 14.01 to 18 you’d get 20 percent. Calculations are done every 4 pay periods. AUO positions are also compensated with FLSA which results in an additional 7-8 percent of pay. So if one is averaging 25 percent AUO with FLSA this should equate to an overall total of base plus 32 percent. AUO positions are FLSA non-exempt.

There are pros and cons to each premium pay system but AUO is more lucrative financially due to being FLSA non-exempt. This also affects any scheduled overtime (45 Act). For the federal government scheduled overtime (not AUO or LEAP) is capped at time and a half of GS 10 step 1 or your hourly rate (whichever is higher). Once you reach about GS 12 step 6 your hourly rate is above the OT Max rate and that is the rate you will receive for OT. FLSA exempt positions at or above GS 12 step 6 essentially receive straight time for any scheduled OT worked. Since AUO positions are FLSA non-exempt they are also compensated with FLSA for OT. This brings OT closer to the time and a half rate. There are more nuances between the two premium pays but those are the basics.

• trooper2864
        trooper2864 commented
        Editing a comment
        EXBPA very much appreciated insight I appreciate your time thank you

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        There may be some hope for an annoumcement. With time passing between hiring you my have a number of applocant aging out and dropping out of the application process. Also there are those who are approaching retirement age. They may not hire from the new annoumcement but they my create another applocant pool.

• Anyone got any info on NYC? Got my EOD date. I’ve been looking all over for info on New York.

Comment

• Page
        Page commented
        Editing a comment
        You are welcome, sir or ma'am headphones1225!

• JordanB
        JordanB commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, mine is for the same field office
        Been waiting almost two months on mine.

• DRohn167
        DRohn167 commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you mind me asking what EOD they gave you?

• NYC_C
        NYC_C commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats headphones!!! Do mind answering if you have any kind of LE or military background?

• Quick questions for my fellow LEO brothers and sisters. First, if another DO announcement opens in the near future, will individuals that completed accepted LEO academies (BPA, CBPO, etc) have a higher probability of being picked up since they only have to complete the 6 week crossover training? Second, does ICE-ERO do Direct-Hiring to the extent that one could go to an office, introduce oneself, and drop paperwork with a supervisor to start the hiring process if they have an accepted LEO Academy? I ask the second question, because I have seen people hired this way in CBP-AMO for AEA gigs. I completed the DO process in June 2018 and was offered a location in the Florida Panhandle but turned it down for a CBP-AMO gig.

Comment

• Calitown
        Calitown commented
        Editing a comment
        Being CBPO wouldn't hurt at all, in trying to get into ICE. I don't believe ERO's hires directly through references anymore, you have to apply to the open announcements on USAJOBs. I could be wrong, but this is what as told to me. As far as getting picked up, clearances are the same, and youre already in the federal system. You'll have a good chance of getting picked up.

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        ICE has been approved for DHA (direct hire authority) since the beginning of this year or end of last year. As to starting the hiring process with just a resume to my understanding those days are over. Since ICE has DHA now they can actually pre-select you for a position before a list is produced but would need an announcement to hire you.

• My background was finished and sent for review and adjudication. Does anybody know the average response time for an EOD after your background has been completed? I don’t even know what location I chose. Thanks.

Comment

• Leo1995
        Leo1995 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t know but I have the same question, I’ve been waiting for my background to be adjudicated since November 10th.

• JordanB
        JordanB commented
        Editing a comment
        LoL it’s so many of us in this boat lol
        I’ve been waiting since I passed my poly over two months ago lol

• So there are rumors on the delphi forums that deportation officer is changing to a new series/title. If this is true and we received a verbal final offer/eod date over the phone with HR (she said the email will be sent this month), would the offer or posting be rescinded/cancelled? Just curious...and here is the original post.

https://forums.delphiforums.com/ICED...es/?msg=2473.1
      Last edited by FenrirOz; 12-04-2020, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FenrirOz View Post
        So there are rumors on the delphi forums that deportation officer is changing to a new series/title. If this is true and we received a verbal final offer/eod date over the phone with HR (she said the email will be sent this month), would the offer or posting be rescinded/cancelled? Just curious...and here is the original post.

https://forums.delphiforums.com/ICED...es/?msg=2473.1
        Still no real proof it's coming

Comment

• If you recently complete a poly for CBP and are waiting on a poly for ICE DO, will ICE accept the CBP poly?

Comment

• Calitown
            Calitown commented
            Editing a comment
            McNasty502 I've heard two sides to this. Either that they do, or they make you take another one because the questions asked on the poly are slightly different for ICE than CBPO.

• dangerr101
            dangerr101 commented
            Editing a comment
            Aren't they all the same?
            Last edited by dangerr101; 12-08-2020, 01:21 PM.

• Can anyone confirm that current ICE employees such as legal assistants and clerks are exempt from taking poly?

Comment

• Jerseyboy94
            Jerseyboy94 commented
            Editing a comment
            I can confirm , ICE employees are exempt

• dangerr101
            dangerr101 commented
            Editing a comment
            1. So do the ICE clerks and legal assistants have a good chance of becoming a DO, since there already with the agency?

• Calitown
            Calitown commented
            Editing a comment
            dangerr101 yes. In my academy class, there are plenty of ERAs.

• Hey anybody been in the academy recently? I just want to know what to expect. Please pm me.

Comment

• New entry-level DO announcement just posted.

Comment

• oef_vet
              oef_vet commented
              Editing a comment
              trooper2864, I got hired on as a gl 7 with just 3 years and some change as a DoD cop, so you should definitely qualify for a gl 7.

5149.5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Im sure there are a few that get picked up from outside non-LEO fields, but most that get picked up more recently have one or more of the following:

- BA/BS
              - Prior military
              - Current/prior LEO
              - ICE contractor (ex: detention/ATD) or support staff (ex: ERAs)

Can you get hired outside of this? Sure, it's possible.

• trooper2864
              trooper2864 commented
              Editing a comment
              I appreciate the information guys thank you.

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              App went in at 9am EST today (12/14). Lets hope I made the cutoff for how many apps they're taking.

• For the new entry announcement that was posted last night for GL5/7, will the test scores be transferred over from last announcement in Jan? I had gotten referred as (best) but had no movement after the referral. Was just curious as if we needed to test again?

Comment

• trooper2864
              trooper2864 commented
              Editing a comment
              When does the assessment come after the announcement closes?

• txhorns2124
              txhorns2124 commented
              Editing a comment
              HR will send out assessments 6 weeks after the closing date, to 500 applicants for consideration. I believe the cut off score is an 81 score. So it will be radio silent for the next 6 weeks till HR decides who gets the assessments.

• Will a failed CBP polygraph preclude you from being eligible for this announcement?
            USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
            13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
            18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
            16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
            08Mar21 Interviewed
            19Mar21 TOL Received
            16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
            25Jan21 Applied
            18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• JordanB
              JordanB commented
              Editing a comment
              No you’ll just have to take a ICE poly

• Hello, I applied last night & got my app in at 1am. I’m qualifying with a bachelors degree. Does gs-5 gs-7 have to take an entrance examination that is similar to CBP OFO? Also, I recently passed a CBP poly what are my chances I may be exempt from an ICE poly?

Comment

• JamoStu
              JamoStu commented
              Editing a comment
              Most DHS abs DOJ Polys will transfer with a reciprocity request. The only Agency i know that doesn’t accept other Polys is USSS.

• Mike_lowrey
              Mike_lowrey commented
              Editing a comment
              How is the entrance exam?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3795 users online. 227 members and 3568 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X