Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dangerr101
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you all for the info.

Page, do you have to take the polygraph?

• Page
    commented on 's reply
    Also, with what Marcy is saying, yes, it is good if you can get a GL-07 with a BA/BS and some work experience for DO, technically you should be able to. But at the same time, I would leave it open to a GL-05, say that you are willing to accept that when you apply. I was referred for 5 and 7 but only got a TSL as a 5 for DO. Might not have if I had selected that I would only accept a 7.

• Page
    commented on 's reply
    I am a current GS-05 with ICE, in a different component, non-ERO. I took the job even though it is a lower pay grade than what I could have gotten otherwise at other run of the mill desk jobs. I took my current job because I was stuck in the national security career pathway, I could not break loose and get into any LE track positions, until I got what I have now.

I will tell you, I have no idea for certain if my current job experience had an impact on me getting a DO TSL. I have no idea what made them pick me. But, I don't even know if I am an alternate, all of this might be for nothin' if I am an alternate and when all is said and done they don't need me. Though, either way my current job has been a great experience for me because I am learning a lot. They also have an excellent formalized mentoring program. The program allows you to network, and this includes with other components of ICE that you are interested in.

My other qualifications include several degrees, all GPAs 3.5 or above. And I have really high performance evaluation scores from my federal positions over the course of several years. This is however not to say that there are a lot of people who did not get picked for TSL who are way better qualified than me. I know, it sucks, sometimes it just doesn't make any sense. I've experienced that myself, trust me there are plenty of jobs I did not get...

Well, I'm over here at the tail end of things, I only just finished my medical and fitness today, but still, I am glad at least they are letting me proceed even if I am just an alternate...

• MarcyMarsoc
    commented on 's reply
    Networking helps. If you’re already in ICE as a gs 5, with a bachelors, then you qualify base on the education alone. Sh*t depending what your gpa is, you can qualify as a 7. With that said, you already can clear the HR portion, next thing is to find out who the recruiter/afod who does the hiring In your preferred field office and network. All of these announcements for ERO and HSI has been direct hire, so wink wink knowing someone in that field office will help you tremendously.

• Costanza
    commented on 's reply
    4 years military, 10 years BOP(GL-9), Bachelors in CJ.

When it comes to the Feds, most things don't make sense but it appears your background would get you on the list but it is sometimes a mystery why and how we get selected.
    Last edited by Costanza; 07-22-2020, 09:24 AM.

• dangerr101
    replied
    If I may ask, those of you that haven been referred or selected for the job, what is your backgrund?

Would being a GS5 civillian empoyee for ICE with a degree help since already with agency?

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Alex
    replied
    Anyone still sitting on referred status? Haven’t heard anything since I got the referral email.

Leave a comment:

• MarcyMarsoc
    commented on 's reply
    I have the 6447 number. But all my communication with HR has been through work email, never bothered to call her back with that number.

• NCG128
    commented on 's reply
    You don’t have the number?

• MarcyMarsoc
    commented on 's reply
    Actually go for it! Do you have her number? If you do, call and let us know lol

• NCG128
    commented on 's reply
    Should I call the person that gave me my final offer? She said that she is my POC until I receive something.

• MarcyMarsoc
    commented on 's reply
    Already with ICE (same field office), just switching from being an MSS to a DO
    Last edited by MarcyMarsoc; 07-21-2020, 10:39 AM.

• NCG128
    commented on 's reply
    Any of you guys Federal employees? I’m waiting on them getting in contact with my agencies HR POC to send over my leave and personnel files

• MarcyMarsoc
    commented on 's reply
    Yea, the lady in the phone wouldn’t even tell my steps.. that’s why I want that email too

• vicdx
    commented on 's reply
    I just want the letter so I can put in the notice at my current department. I know the verbal is legit but a letter would be nice too.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5401 users online. 337 members and 5064 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X