Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was contacted by a BI today. Hopefully, this goes smooth.

Comment

• Calitown
      Calitown commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Were you given an EOD before the background?

• notoriousjnc
      notoriousjnc commented
      Editing a comment
      No I wasn’t. Is that normal ? The process seems like it’s different for everyone.

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure it's fine, you're moving along. If they started your investigation w/o EOD I wouldn't sweat it, because you are making forward progress, and you will get finished anyway and get your date!

• Anyone who is suppose to start 30 August not get their official email yet?!

Comment

• NCG128
      NCG128 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bro I haven’t received anything yet. I’m probably going to send an email by Sunday if I don’t get anything!!

• Calitown
      Calitown commented
      Editing a comment
      NCG128 Personally, I would call HR to see whats going on. Were you prior/current federal civ employee?

• NCG128
      NCG128 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I just emailed the POC and I still haven't gotten a response. I emailed earlier this afternoon. And yes I'm a current fed employee. This standby is crazy man.

• Calitown
      Calitown commented
      Editing a comment
      NCG128 I would get in contact with your agency's HR and ICE HR again tomorrow. ICE needs to have your SF 75 files released/transferred over to them before they can offer you your EOD. This was my case.

• What does an EOD email entail ?

Comment

• vicdx
      vicdx commented
      Editing a comment
      Report date, field office you were hired at, POC and many small details. It's the official job letter, and you receive a link to fill out some forms online and what to bring the first day.

• Dude, Dallas HR people are working Saturdays but not Sundays. I’d shoot that email today, not tomorrow. Just my 2 cents though.

Comment

• NCG128
      NCG128 commented
      Editing a comment
      I emailed them earlier this afternoon. Still waiting on a response..........

• EOD in Sept!
    ((≡≡))

Comment

• NCG128
      NCG128 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations Page!!

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

• I just got the call also for a September EOD.

Comment

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      See you at FLETC!

• NCG128
      NCG128 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations brother! When are they sending you the official email?

• For my other Lateral applicants out there. It seems they are doing offers to the public gs5/7 posting right now. I would imagine they are trying to save money by doing this. Also lateral offers might be slower due to the 4 week transition training probably are smaller groups.

Comment

• What posting because I dont see it on usajobs.
      Last edited by DCFED; 08-16-2020, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        Theyre talking about the last announcements. There isn't an announcement right now.

• After not hearing anything back since completing medical, I recently removed myself from the process after accepting another position. I ended up going back to local law enforcement with a large department. Good luck to everyone else in the process.

Comment

• Any insight would be appreciated: To anyone who will be transferring as a current fleo with another agency to ICE, have you been able to negotiate a salary at a high step? I'm coming into ICE with a significant pay cut, so, I'm hoping to get the highest step available. Thanks!

Comment

• Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep in mind they will be using a Change to lower grade (CLG) calculation that will give you the highest step possible that will not result in a higher step when re-promoted.

Example - If you are a GL 9 step 1 you will be offered a GL 7 step 2 (even though it’s lower that GL 9 step 1 pay). The reason is that a GL 7 step 3 when re-promoted to GL 9 will result in a step 2 (using the 2 step rule) which is higher than the step 1 previously held.

• ATanaka
          ATanaka commented
          Editing a comment
          Exbpa340, thank you. How would it work if the current level is a GS12? Same?

• Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          Let’s say you are a GS 12 step 2. This will probably result in a GL 7/10 with the following promotions:

7/10 to 9/9 to 11/5 to 12/2

If fast tracked back to 11 probably a 7/10 to 11/5 (or 11/6) and then after a year to GS 12/2.

That’s the most probable.

• ATanaka
          ATanaka commented
          Editing a comment
          Exbpa340 thank you for the insight!

• Hey guys! I got my official letter. Anyone else’s say SC as being the training location?

Comment

• Calitown
          Calitown commented
          Editing a comment
          My packet said, TBD for location and time.

• NCG128
          NCG128 commented
          Editing a comment
          Calitown where they sending you to training?

• Page
          Page commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! NCG128, are you getting SC for the academy because you only need the short cross over program? Or will you be completing the full academy there at NC instead of Glynco?

• NCG128
          NCG128 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m doing the full basic course my UPTP doesn’t confer over.

• So i applied to CBP in hopes of getting a better chance to transferring to ICE one day. If i make it to CBP, will this waved the age restriction?

Comment

• oef_vet
          oef_vet commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. The age restriction will no longer apply to you.

• Anybody else hearing anything yet after finishing everything lol?

Comment

• Costanza
          Costanza commented
          Editing a comment
          I know it feels like you are bugging them but have you emailed? They seem to be pretty responsive.

• myman12
          myman12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Costanza nah I hadn't been asking. I've just been waiting got everything done so it's a waiting game

• Costanza
          Costanza commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, I would do the same. What’s meant to be will be, I figure if I annoy them, they’ll shred my app!

• Ice Polys back up.. their gonna start scheduling next week

Comment

• Hey for the people who been in federal LE for awhile, for us that will be in NY the only thing that makes me a bit uneasy is the mayors new law: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...ypd-1.47832442

the “diaphragm law” which bars officers from sitting or pressing their knee on the backs of someone in a way that constricts the diaphragm. If you’re effecting an arrest and the suspect fights you and let’s say you are in the mount position attempting to turn over the suspect to cuff them. Technically you’re in violation of this local law, which is a misdemeanor. Does the supremacy clause cover us federal officers/Agents?
          Last edited by NCG128; 08-25-2020, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Dallasg15
            Dallasg15 commented
            Editing a comment
            In regards to that I’m a current FLEO in NY those policies don’t pertain to us if that was the case what’s the whole point of FLETC Legal. But yes, we are covered under the “Supremacy Clause”.

• NCG128
            NCG128 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks I appreciate that!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4317 users online. 263 members and 4054 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X