Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received an email about conducting a pre-test interview for the polygraph.

Comment

• What was the email?

Comment

• Will we carry OC spray when conducting fug ops? Do we need to get sprayed in fletc?

Comment

• NCG128
          NCG128 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sprayed at FLETC yes! But FugOps probably not

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          @ncg some do carry on fugops

• Anyone else stuck in the medical hole?

Comment

• Page
          Page commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

• Page
          Page commented
          Editing a comment
          le_hopeful45, how did you find out they wanted additional medical? E-mail?

• Costanza
          Costanza commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes ma’am, email. Medical limbo here myself. No update on what/why.

• Page
          Page commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh geez. Well, I hope we all get done soon! The only good thing about me starting with the TSL so far behind everyone else is at least I can ask you all about things such as this!

• Are they doing polys outside of Dallas? Before all this I was going to fly in and bite the bullet with the money. Now though, my state would want me to do a 2 week quarantine when I came back. That would be a bit much to swallow for what is basically a job interview.

Comment

• Page
          Page commented
          Editing a comment
          My advice would be to just do whatever they tell you or request of you. They say they want you to go to Dallas, just do it. Because as soon as you start asking for them to work around you, the will start to see you as, I don't know, not exactly unyielding, but still someone who wants them to work around you. Then, suppose they take extra steps to get you set up to test locally. And then you find out you have been exposed to someone with COVID and need to self quarantine and cancel the test. Now you will be seen as annoying to them. So, I think just do whatever they say, go to Dallas, unless someone OFFERS to test you locally. Just my advice, I don't know.
          Last edited by Page; 08-01-2020, 07:04 PM.

• 2ndXthecharm
          2ndXthecharm commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh yeah, I was ready to go to Dallas before this. This is probably putting the cart before the horse, but my state considers TX a hot spot, which means I would have to be quarantined for 14 days when I got back.....which is a bit of a problem.

It is why I was asking about any polys elsewhere. Hopefully it never comes to that. I'm sure I am overthinking it lol. Not much else to do with everything pretty much on lockdown.

• Page
          Page commented
          Editing a comment
          You even been contacted/scheduled yet? Might not have to take it, it is not mandatory.

• Netflix just came out with a documentary/informational show on ICE with a ton of footage of Deportation Officers at work. Take a look at it to see if you really want the job.

Comment

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          fathitman unprofessionalism abounds here

• NCG128
          NCG128 commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought it was wild how the boss called the officer and said I need two more people Idc how you do it. I’m like this guy right here.... but doesn’t surprise me in the least they’re NY’ers

• fathitman
          fathitman commented
          Editing a comment
          @fng41yr
          I honestly might just say no to a job offer right now and stay OFO until after this election and just apply again for the announcement after.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          I just watched the first episode of that today. Man, I'm glad I didn't apply. I was really interested in the job at one point. Sounds like a tough job, and the politics don't make it easier (probably regardless of where you land on the spectrum).

• Anyone that EODs AUG 30 get emails or if Federal employees, have their HR contacted for their information to be transferred over?

Comment

• vicdx
          vicdx commented
          Editing a comment
          Still waiting bro... She said EOD email by August 7th. I'm waiting for thursday to call.

• Disregard.
        Last edited by Houston713; 08-05-2020, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Anyone get offers for Seattle FO?

Comment

• Anyone with a tentative offer as a “alternate” receive a final offer?

Comment

• Called a call for the DC field office and was offered a spot

Comment

• Page
                Page commented
                Editing a comment
                That's cool. Do you mean you got a call to start out the hiring process? Or do you have a firm offer and EOD?

• MarcyMarsoc
                MarcyMarsoc commented
                Editing a comment
                What office in the dc aor?

• Start the transfer process and it’s was for Fairfax and Richmond offices.

Comment

• Page
                Page commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you have an EOD/start date?

• MarcyMarsoc
                MarcyMarsoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you from the dc/nova area?. If not, would you be willing to swap fairfax for Baltimore?

• No EOD yet about to do the medical

Comment

• Page
                Page commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, that's cool.

• I am currently a patrol officer for a city in colorado and have been for about a year and half. My main goal is to become an HSI special agent. However I am thinking about going ERO as a stepping stone towards HSI SA. Would it be worth it? Would it increase my chances?

Comment

• Calitown
                Calitown commented
                Editing a comment
                no offense, but I would think your current job would be considered a stepping stone to even get into an ERO position...Much less HSI. Having worked with the HSI SA, majority of them were prior federal LE or military. So yea to answer your question, YES, being a DO would give a MUCH better chance to get into HSI than coming straight from the streets.

• silvas006
                silvas006 commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you happen to know when they will be hiring more ERO?

• FNG41YR
                FNG41YR commented
                Editing a comment
                Being in ERO wouldn't really help you get into HSI. You'd still have to take the HSI test etc. If you can apply straight to HSI do that. Don't go ERO to get into HSI.

• AKrizzy2643
                AKrizzy2643 commented
                Editing a comment
                Silva.. don't hold you breath waiting... but dont get discouraged Seems to be a bunch waiting for EODs.. FY ends soon. Congress playing games with DHS budget. No guessing when you may see next DO announcement. Its the Federal game youll have to get used to if you switch over lol

• Got the call today. EOD early September, heading to the NW. The rep said that official letters are sent out NLT one pay period (2 weeks) prior to EOD. Looking forward to seeing some of you in the academy. If you’re still in the process, stay flexible and keep every contact you have informed of where you’re at.

Comment

• Page
                Page commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats!

Hopefully the rest of us will be along soon!

• Costanza
                Costanza commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats! Good vibes headed your way with that nugget of info!

• fathitman
                fathitman commented
                Editing a comment
                What office?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3181 users online. 152 members and 3029 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X