Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone received the eod email yet? I know many guys including myself received “the call” in these last few weeks.

Comment

• NCG128
      NCG128 commented
      Editing a comment
      Should I call the person that gave me my final offer? She said that she is my POC until I receive something.

• MarcyMarsoc
      MarcyMarsoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually go for it! Do you have her number? If you do, call and let us know lol

• NCG128
      NCG128 commented
      Editing a comment
      You don’t have the number?

• MarcyMarsoc
      MarcyMarsoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the 6447 number. But all my communication with HR has been through work email, never bothered to call her back with that number.

• Anyone still sitting on referred status? Haven’t heard anything since I got the referral email.

Comment

• OscarB201
      OscarB201 commented
      Editing a comment
      Here but by now i should start looking forward for the next announcement.

• If I may ask, those of you that haven been referred or selected for the job, what is your backgrund?

Would being a GS5 civillian empoyee for ICE with a degree help since already with agency?

Comment

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      I am a current GS-05 with ICE, in a different component, non-ERO. I took the job even though it is a lower pay grade than what I could have gotten otherwise at other run of the mill desk jobs. I took my current job because I was stuck in the national security career pathway, I could not break loose and get into any LE track positions, until I got what I have now.

I will tell you, I have no idea for certain if my current job experience had an impact on me getting a DO TSL. I have no idea what made them pick me. But, I don't even know if I am an alternate, all of this might be for nothin' if I am an alternate and when all is said and done they don't need me. Though, either way my current job has been a great experience for me because I am learning a lot. They also have an excellent formalized mentoring program. The program allows you to network, and this includes with other components of ICE that you are interested in.

My other qualifications include several degrees, all GPAs 3.5 or above. And I have really high performance evaluation scores from my federal positions over the course of several years. This is however not to say that there are a lot of people who did not get picked for TSL who are way better qualified than me. I know, it sucks, sometimes it just doesn't make any sense. I've experienced that myself, trust me there are plenty of jobs I did not get...

Well, I'm over here at the tail end of things, I only just finished my medical and fitness today, but still, I am glad at least they are letting me proceed even if I am just an alternate...

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, with what Marcy is saying, yes, it is good if you can get a GL-07 with a BA/BS and some work experience for DO, technically you should be able to. But at the same time, I would leave it open to a GL-05, say that you are willing to accept that when you apply. I was referred for 5 and 7 but only got a TSL as a 5 for DO. Might not have if I had selected that I would only accept a 7.

• dangerr101
      dangerr101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all for the info.

Page, do you have to take the polygraph?

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      No idea, I only just took the med/fit today, so I am behind everyone else in steps. Everyone else on here to the best of my awareness were TSL much sooner than me...

• Got my EOD email

Comment

• MarcyMarsoc
      MarcyMarsoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Aug 16th and no the academy date is “TBD”

• ChiGuy1980
      ChiGuy1980 commented
      Editing a comment
      Where did they offer you?

• Wongchester
      Wongchester commented
      Editing a comment
      How long after the BI interview you receive the EOD call/email?

• vicdx
      vicdx commented
      Editing a comment
      Wongchester I had my BI interview on a Monday and EOD phone call a few days later on Saturday.

• Originally posted by MarcyMarsoc View Post
    Got my EOD email
    Did you have do fill anything out on the USASTAFFING (usajobs site) and did you get the email in the time frame that they told you verbally?

Comment

• MarcyMarsoc
      MarcyMarsoc commented
      Editing a comment
      No I got it a week earlier (but it’s probably because my office kept bothering HR) it’s an email with a couple of PDFs and a link to usastaffing for you to accept or decline

• MarcyMarsoc congrats! I just got my eod email an hour ago.

Comment

• Wongchester
      Wongchester commented
      Editing a comment
      How long after you received the call?

• Congrats Rickyrecon012 and MarcyMarsoc . Ricky USMS offer or ERO??? I see you got both offers. Stoked for ya brah!

Comment

• Rickyrecon012
      Rickyrecon012 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just throwing all the apps i can, end of the day my dream job is to be the greatest mall cop in dc, park police!

• Just had my security clearance interview yesterday... just waiting now. I had to get a medical waiver which prolonged my time-line.

Comment

• Labass
      Labass commented
      Editing a comment
      Just sent you a DM

• Still hoping to be contacted by an investigator soon. About a week ago I was contacted regarding some additional information that was requested. Hopefully I’m still in the process.

Comment

• I got "the call" today, but declined the call lol. I'll be receiving the call again on Monday according to the voicemail.

Comment

• vicdx
        vicdx commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, I got my call last Saturday too. You can probably EOD on the 16th but I pushed mine back till the 30th.

• NCG128
        NCG128 commented
        Editing a comment
        See you guys down in Glynco! Hopefully we’ll get our academy dates soon!

• oef_vet
        oef_vet commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll push my date back if possible too. I'll be moving across the country (again) for this job and I recently bought a house so I have alot to take care of before I leave.

• NCG128
        NCG128 commented
        Editing a comment
        I completely understand I'm currently going to be relocating! Can't wait to get started.

• How long does it take to get EOD email from the call, I got the Call July 16th.

Comment

• MarcyMarsoc
        MarcyMarsoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Got my email last week. EOD August 16th

• Wongchester
        Wongchester commented
        Editing a comment
        They say you will get it no later than 1 PP before EOD

• Jerseyboy94
        Jerseyboy94 commented
        Editing a comment
        MarcyMarsoc wow that’s the same EOD I have and no email yet , what FO?

• Jerseyboy94
        Jerseyboy94 commented
        Editing a comment
        Find out answer
        Last edited by Jerseyboy94; 07-29-2020, 10:00 AM.

• Everyone that got EODs, are your TSLs from May?

Comment

• MarcyMarsoc
        MarcyMarsoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Just got my eod email last week, got the “call” a month prior

• vicdx
        vicdx commented
        Editing a comment
        I was never contacted for a poly.

• Wongchester
        Wongchester commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. May 2x

• oef_vet
        oef_vet commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup. Late may... right after I bought a house

• notoriousjnc im in the same boat. I’ve cleared everything else. I’m assuming we’re in line for a poly? Congrats to all that got the call! That’s awesome!

Comment

• notoriousjnc
        notoriousjnc commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a good point. It could be because of the polygraphs.

• Those who get contacted by BI first instead of polygraph examiner doesn't need to do poly.. the lucky ones lol

Comment

• Calitown
        Calitown commented
        Editing a comment
        What about the ones that already got an EOD call....I assume we dont have to take he polygraph either right.

• Anyone who got their EODs who are suppose to start in late August, have you guys got your official emails?

Comment

• NCG128
        NCG128 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks bro! So it’s going to be a couple weeks for me!

• oef_vet
        oef_vet commented
        Editing a comment
        I did request that she send me an email that briefed our phone conversation, which explained that I officially accepted the job offer and it does have my EOD date in there.

• Calitown
        Calitown commented
        Editing a comment
        NCG128 oef_vet did you guys receive the EOD email yet? I have yet to receive mine.

• NCG128
        NCG128 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have not received mine as of yet!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5122 users online. 268 members and 4854 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X