Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know when someone is in the office to answer the phone?

Comment

• Mhuck
      Mhuck commented
      Editing a comment
      No idea. Especially with COVID going on.

• Anyone who just got their TSLs receive anything for the next step?

Comment

• Costanza
      Costanza commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing other than some paperwork to send back.

• oef_vet
      oef_vet commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be getting my Eqip account info soon, along with fingerprints.

• NCG128
      NCG128 commented
      Editing a comment
      @oef PM me

• Congrats to those who received their TSL recently. Any advice on when we should notify current employer. I work in federal law enforcement, and I'm trying to determine the timing on when I should let my agency know that I'm simply starting the hiring process. Maybe during the background interview process? Thanks!

Comment

• Theout
      Theout commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand that - if the applicant is employed by sister agency ( DHS) then maybe he/ she can hide the fact that he is going through the process. But if it’s not DHS and the applicant’s bg won’t transfer - then the surprise “ hey Chief - I am in the process for new agency and investigator wants to stop by on Friday “ - might leave a bad taste in someone’s mouth.
      But I do understand your point - it’s an double edged sword .
      Last edited by Theout; 05-26-2020, 10:16 PM.

• Costanza
      Costanza commented
      Editing a comment
      If it's BOP...tell em NOTHIN!! Just let it roll. Everyone is trying to get out so it's no surprise when a BI investigator shows up or someone calls for a reference.

• Exbpa340
      Exbpa340 commented
      Editing a comment
      These are crazy times right now and these street hires will need to attend the academy. Nobody (and I mean nobody) has any clue on how things are going to go once FLETC is back open. These street hires that need to attend the academy could be in a holding pattern for sometime (or they could EOD and do ERA work for the time being). FLETC will not be able to open up 100 percent for many months and there will be a backlog with many agency competing for very few spots. I’m glad I don’t have to worry about that.

The point is that you could tell the current agency you work for and then still spend the next 18 months waiting to attend the academy. There are so many unknowns. We are still on Telework/Weather and Safety and management has no idea when that will end. Until you EOD things are subject to change. With uncles Sam spending money like a drunken sailor anything could happen. Imagine if things are delayed at the academy (running only a small percentage of classes through at a time) and all of a sudden Biden is elected. He’s already pledged to stop all deportations/removals for the first 100 days (POCR time). The election is only a little over 5 months away.

Now with all this spending.... watch in the coming years the attack on our pensions/benefits.

• Costanza
      Costanza commented
      Editing a comment
      I always err of the side of caution and ASSumed if all goes well during the hiring process it would be 2 years before I would hit Glynco. Nowww that Exbpa340, who is a wise individual, has thrown Sleepy Joe(I use the nickname because it's funny, I have ZERO interest in politics) in the mix, it could be a cut all together! "Thank you for applying, due to budget restraints and down sizing per Sleepy Joe, the position is no longer available"
      Last edited by Costanza; 05-28-2020, 01:05 PM. Reason: Being a fool

• For those of you who were pending medical, how long did it take for you to get your eod date from the day you were told your waiver was approved?

Comment

• So what does being, "preferred" mean? Ive never heard of such a thing except on this forum.

Comment

• McNasty502
        McNasty502 commented
        Editing a comment
        Does being preferred have anything to do with not having an interview?

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m not involved in the hiring practice so I can’t speak to the actual steps and/or reasons I involved. Some/many of these candidates were already known quantities to the selecting officials (current ERAs, current contract security personal and Border Patrol Agents/CBPOs). One example is of an applicant that had applied for an ERA position at my office. She was interviewed for that position. An officer that was on the interview board told me that she was not selected mainly due to being overqualified. To my understanding they reached out to her when the DO announcement was about to launch and she was subsequently selected.

• Costanza
        Costanza commented
        Editing a comment
        Amazing that being overqualified is really a thing. Luckily I’m far from it!

• Page
        Page commented
        Editing a comment
        So hard on yourself Costanza. You shouldn't be, you've got it goin' on! I'm jealous! They picked you, you're basically in! Just a few more minor hurdles, and then FLETC, you can do it I'm sure!

• Got my background packet today. Check your emails.

Comment

• Any reason why they’re giving backgrounds first?!

Comment

• Page
          Page commented
          Editing a comment
          I am guessing they are just getting the ball rolling with BI forms first, if that is what folks are experiencing, due to coronavirus making medical first a challenge at present. Not sure what the standard order was previously before all of this?

NCG128, did you get TSL? If yes, what pay grade?

• Mhuck
          Mhuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Who knows. I do have previous clearances however, including one with DHS and DOJ.

• So I officially EOD on Tuesday and took my oath virtually! Now sitting at home getting paid and waiting. They said it might be another month or two. They also mentioned I might not leave to the academy until the fall! I’m hoping that’s not the case since the second waive of Covid coming back in the Fall/Winter! But glad my FED time is starting now. Good luck to everyone
        Last edited by Donjoe954; 05-28-2020, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Labass
          Labass commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats. What was your timeline for the process?

• ChiGuy1980
          ChiGuy1980 commented
          Editing a comment
          What Field office are you going to?

• Donjoe954
          Donjoe954 commented
          Editing a comment
          Boston pal how about you? Or still waiting?

• Originally posted by Labass View Post
        Congrats. What was your timeline for the process?
        THANKS!!!!! One year and eight months!

Comment

• Labass
          Labass commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow. Well deserved. Again, congratulations. And best luck to you in your career.

• Donjoe954
          Donjoe954 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was coming from the private sector with clearance! 7 months after receiving my TSL is when the ball started rolling.

• Labass
          Labass commented
          Editing a comment
          I got my Tentative Offer on May 21st, and today I got the email to start my e-qip. So it is going to be a long way ahead.

Wow. Well deserved. Again, congratulations. And best luck to you in your career.
        like wise!!!! Don’t give up and have hope!

Comment

I got my Tentative Offer on May 21st, and today I got the email to start my e-qip. So it is going to be a long way ahead.

That’s awesome! A lot of agency are actually moving fast from what I hear. Plus It’s election year! The biggest hurdle right now are medical, physical and Poly. If you taking a poly before, your most likely gonna have to take another for ICE (They made me take it twice and I hope no one else has to). Once you complete that everything else will move super fast!

Comment

• I too just submitted eqip and awaiting fingerprints to arrive..

Comment

• I wonder if most people received eqips already. Did anyone who got a TSL not receive one yet ?

Comment

• Waiting for my Background email, hopefully I get it next week ? I got my TSL the 22nd , noticed some ppl are already getting theirs.

Comment

• Costanza
                  Costanza commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I sir still have received NADA

• I received TSL May 22nd and im also still waiting on eqip

Comment

• notoriousjnc
                  notoriousjnc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  May 20th for me.

• Jerseyboy94
                  Jerseyboy94 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ours are probably coming next week , I’m feeling a little optimistic

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5840 users online. 395 members and 5445 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X