Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exited..!!!!

Comment

• Any ideas on the step test? How are you all practicing for the PFT?

Comment

• Page
        Page commented
        Editing a comment
        It's good cardio!

• Page
        Page commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, well if you live in an apartment complex, run up and down your stairs! I live in a 25 story high rise so that will keep me busy for a while! If you have only a few floors of stairs though people will look at you funny. But do it anyway! Or maybe an outside jersey wall or high curb or something, that could work!

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        No, the step test is performed on a 12 or 16 inch platform that you continuously step up onto and off of. Right foot up, left foot up, right foot down then left down for total of five minutes. I "prepared" for this test using the very first/bottom most step in my houses' stairwell for about 90 seconds then decided this was extremely simple. On the day of the step test, I barely broke a sweat; it's very simple.
        Last edited by PA_Ed; 03-31-2020, 07:26 PM.

• Bklynchyca
        Bklynchyca commented
        Editing a comment
        Use your steps at home. Some folks administering the test won’t let you switch legs either so practice with out switching.

• Definitely good for you guys that there is at least some movement on this announcement but I would remain cautiously optimistic. If you are not academy exempt I can’t see the academy kicking off until things go back to normal (but who knows). Be advised that at least some of the applicants on this announcement have already been selected due to it being a DH announcement. The application process has changed many times over the years and it will be interesting to see how things go on this one.

Although the DO position (in my opinion) is a much better gig than that of a CBPO or BPA don’t discount those jobs. They pay well and provide a decent foundation as an Immigration Officer. The current BP academy is significantly more difficult than the DO academy. Also, probably around 40 percent (maybe more) of ERO are prior BPAs (PAs). If you are unable to get picked up as a DO from the street the best path is by logging some time as a BPA.

Good luck..
      “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
      DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• NCG128
        NCG128 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m hoping NYC isn’t hard to get with my fed le background

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven’t seen an upward mobility announcement for sometime (but I haven’t been looking either). Those upward mobility announcements were in-house and for GS 8s (FPL) and below. I’d be surprised if they announced one in the near future. The DH announcements (ICE recently received authorization to go the DH route) allows the agency to recruit and pre-select their chosen applicants.

• Page
        Page commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh. Yeah, last one I saw was NOT recent. Oh well , I will keep a lookout, otherwise hopefully I get one of these DH's! I finally feel like I can have a hiring "timeline" now. Just hoping I don't wake up tomorrow and find that they cancelled the announcements or something!

• Page
        Page commented
        Editing a comment
        I just wish they had a better internal applicant capability. I am under the GS-08 FPL but I am not a FLETC-ed LEO, and it looks like a real possibility I missed the "preferred" route seeing as other people are getting TSL's right away after referral. Oh well, maybe I will wind up doing BPA. BUT from the looks of the CBPO forum convos these days, CBPO is definitely not my preference to get my foot in the door at this rate!

• My fiancee got the referred email and TSL right after. Just wondering if anyone else got the TSL?

Comment

• Houston713
        Houston713 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm..I haven’t received a tsl and I applied literally right when this announcement posted..I wonder is it because there is nothing available for the location I chose.

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        SemperGumby23 - What is your fiancee's work history like?

• Originally posted by SemperGumby23 View Post
      My fiancee got the referred email and TSL right after. Just wondering if anyone else got the TSL?
      I have a family member that applied to this announcement and his referral email was late in the day. I would not be shocked if some receive a TSL tomorrow.
      “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
      DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• What’s going on everyone, I was wondering does the hiring manager of the location you choose sends the TSL or headquarters? How does it work?

Comment

• Anyone hoping for NYC? I’m hoping my state LE and fluent Russian will help

Comment

• Referred here as well, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Comment

• Received the referral email as well. However, I checked my usajobs app this morning, it says not referred lol anyone else’s usajob says the same thing?

Comment

• Page
                Page commented
                Editing a comment
                Still says the same in USAJobs yesterday and today, referred. I think yours might be worth checking on, if it says referred in the email but not referred in USAJobs! That sucks, I would definitely not be lol-ing that one!

• My friend from ICE told me that he heard there will be a massive hiring in the next few months. So to keep my hopes up..

Comment

• So considering that it states on the announcement, “location negotiable upon selection” does that mean the entire country is looking through the resumes? Or just the location that the applicant picked

Comment

• MarcyMarsoc
                  MarcyMarsoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Costanza, what does your usajob app say? Does it say referred or not referred, or does it still say receive?

• NCG128
                  NCG128 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My app on USAJOBS says referred and personally I’d go to any location just to get in. I just want in to be honest. I’m ok where I’m at within the feds but this is definitely way better than being a fed cop

• Costanza
                  Costanza commented
                  Editing a comment
                  MarcyMarsoc I'll let you know as soon as I get out of work, it's connect to my personal email and I can't login at work

• Costanza
                  Costanza commented
                  Editing a comment
                  MarcyMarsoc USAjobs says referred on both. Though what does that word really mean nowadays!

• Originally posted by OscarB201 View Post
                My friend from ICE told me that he heard there will be a massive hiring in the next few months. So to keep my hopes up..
                I hope so bro.

Comment

• Theout
                  Theout commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My personal opinion:
                  It’s highly unlikely there will be any mass hiring . Maybe for certain locations ( hard to fill places ) . There were no money dedicated to hiring - additional - DOs in this budget ( if I am not mistaken) besides the usual attrition replacement hiring. Plus looking at how Covid - 19 is smoking through billion and trillions of dollars - I don’t see any money that will be going into mass hiring.
                  Who knows I might be mistaking

• I went through the back channels...(emailed MSS my resume)recieved the referred email..haven't seen the TSL yet...current CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by Theout View Post
                  My personal opinion:
                  It’s highly unlikely there will be any mass hiring . Maybe for certain locations ( hard to fill places ) . There were no money dedicated to hiring - additional - DOs in this budget ( if I am not mistaken) besides the usual attrition replacement hiring. Plus looking at how Covid - 19 is smoking through billion and trillions of dollars - I don’t see any money that will be going into mass hiring.
                  Who knows I might be mistaking
                  Yea, all we can do is hope we get our shot. Our credentials are obviously good enough, just need the OPPORTUNITY.

Comment

• Theout
                    Theout commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Best of luck to y’all - hope you get them TSLs soon

• Interesting, so it says we’ve been referred to the hiring manager. However, it’s possible we’ve been referred to multiple hiring managers? Not just our preferred location.

Comment

• NCG128
                    NCG128 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think there has to be truth behind that

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3378 users online. 237 members and 3141 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X