Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also they’re setting the bar very low. The cut off Is an 81 as per the announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by notoriousjnc View Post
      I was referred for the last opening. I went ahead and reapplied for this one. I hope that wasn’t a bad idea.
      I was referred to, but these locations are a little better plus I have small children & a wife being closer to home is important.

Comment

• Glad I stayed up late lol I applied as soon as it posted 11 pm central time.

Comment

• McNasty502
          McNasty502
          Forum Member
          McNasty502 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did the announcement open at 11pm 1/15 ? Im wondering if theres a chance I was one of the 1st 1000 applicants. My app submitted 1/16 at 1pm

• If we applied to the most recent announcement, should I consider reapplying to this new posting? Truth be told, I am not too sold on retaking that exam lol

Comment

• Theout
          Theout
          Forum Member
          Theout commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually always reapply for the position that you want - unless you been DQed or received an EOD. Even with DQ people reapply after a year

• PA_Ed
          PA_Ed
          Fight On!
          PA_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you fellas, I submitted an app @ 10:30am - FYI, this Friday 1/17/2020 marks week #4 since we received our referral notices via email back on 12/20/2019.
          PA_Ed
          Fight On!
          Last edited by PA_Ed; 01-15-2020, 10:42 AM.

• NCG128
          NCG128
          Forum Member
          NCG128 commented
          Editing a comment
          You don’t have to retake the exam! I called up the Dallas hiring, the lady said that if it’s for the same position-which it is, and you took it within a year you don’t have to take it again. I found out I got a 98. So if you got referred for the last one you should be good to go! Also, VA is out the door bc it’s a direct hire announcement! I’m hoping we get started soon!

• notoriousjnc
          notoriousjnc
          Forum Member
          notoriousjnc commented
          Editing a comment
          I called also. I was told they didn’t discourage people from reapplying multiple times. Also the last test results are valid for a year. I figured since nothing is really guaranteed it’s worth a shot reapplying.

• I checked the job postings last night before I went to bed and the posting was up so I applied. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCG128 View Post
          You don’t have to retake the exam! I called up the Dallas hiring, the lady said that if it’s for the same position-which it is, and you took it within a year you don’t have to take it again. I found out I got a 98. So if you got referred for the last one you should be good to go! Also, VA is out the door bc it’s a direct hire announcement! I’m hoping we get started soon!
          Where do you find your score ?

Comment

• hallelujah...so glad i checked the board today..confirmed current cbp/hsi/Bp DO NOT have to take the full academy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...trying to get back HOME

Comment

Call and ask
            Just got off the phone with her she said my score was 87.

Comment

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed
              Fight On!
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              May you DM me the # you called, I am interested in my score...ty

Edit - thank you, scored a 92. I was also told that HR anticipates management selection letters by the first week of February at the very latest. Hypothetically, TSL’s will be sent by the first week of Feb.
              PA_Ed
              Fight On!
              Last edited by PA_Ed; 01-15-2020, 04:28 PM.

• If anyone thinking of reapplying - REAPPLY - getting referred doesn’t mean you will get a TSL from previous announcement. This announcement doesn’t have a cut of probably because it most likely be the only announcement for the Current Fiscal Year. they will probably try to fill all of the positions they have open that they couldn’t fill previously.
            As I said before there were no additional DO $$$ was given.

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
              Hank_Garcia
              Forum Member
              Hank_Garcia commented
              Editing a comment
              FPO maybe lol

• Evolution81
              Evolution81
              3x Rookie
              Evolution81 commented
              Editing a comment
              no one knows except the hiring officials..we are all a#...computers pick out applicants for HR ...HR manually reviews them adds them to a cert list of eligibles to whoever the hiring official is @ the FO...im assuming anyone whois exempt from the full academy will be chosen first...since DOTP is 6 weeks and less money for them to spend and faster to fill open slots
              Evolution81
              3x Rookie
              Last edited by Evolution81; 01-16-2020, 01:58 PM.

• Theout
              Theout
              Forum Member
              Theout commented
              Editing a comment
              You will be fine I think announcement opened at midnight .
              If you are already FED LEO I sure you will get selected.
              Even if you are not the first to submit the application I am sure they will get to you - half of 2018 announcement were alternate selections.

• NCG128
              NCG128
              Forum Member
              NCG128 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m a non 6C fed Leo. But I went to FLETC

I have a couple of questions-what time did this announcement open? I applied at 0649 am EST on the first day. Also, what is ERO looking for in applicants? I’m a fed LEO with a BA (working on my masters degree) I’m not BPA or CBP.
            Midnight EST 11pm central time.

Comment

• Question, are there such wavers for medical? You see, when I apply in 2018 and taking my medical I barely made the hearing test. I had to take second opinion. Every year now I am checking my hearing lost and on 2019 I lost a little more putting me under the minimum standard for DO. Not to sound negative but if I get selected this time around it will be a really long shot.

Comment

• Theout
                Theout
                Forum Member
                Theout commented
                Editing a comment
                They will ask you to submit a waiver from a doctor stating that you will be able to perform all required tasks and that the problem won’t affect your work .
                Many people submitted waivers - you are not the only one

• OscarB201
                OscarB201
                Forum Member
                OscarB201 commented
                Editing a comment
                God that is good news for me!!

• I am hearing that this is a direct hire. Does anyone have the contact for Los Angeles

Comment

• Theout
                Theout
                Forum Member
                Theout commented
                Editing a comment
                It states in the announcement that it’s a DH.
                Use the info on ice.gov for ERO and ask for recruiter for that area ...
                Theout
                Forum Member
                Last edited by Theout; 01-16-2020, 09:34 PM.

• OscarB201
                OscarB201
                Forum Member
                OscarB201 commented
                Editing a comment
                That means that local office are going to do the hiring? We need to get referred first right?

• Theout
                Theout
                Forum Member
                Theout commented
                Editing a comment
                “This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Veterans preference, category rating and traditional rating and ranking procedures do not apply to this Public Notice.“
                It means the ratings are out the window. -
                Evolution81 - summed it up pretty good .
                After HR sends certified list - FO decide who they want instead - of who they “ need “ to hire based on rating .
                I mean you can talk to the Recruiter in the field office - send the resume. Not sure If it will help.
                It would help if you were BP / CBP - since they would snatch you .

But yes you need to get referred

• OscarB201
                OscarB201
                Forum Member
                OscarB201 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the info

• I'm late with this application but is the NY Field Office offered with this DH?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_lowrey View Post
                I'm late with this application but is the NY Field Office offered with this DH?
                Yes, both NYC AOR and Buffalo NY were offices you could select as preference. I believe Newark was as well.

Comment

• DHS ERO has an active posting right now for DOs. I remember seeing these guys when I went through FLETC. Anyone know if they will accept UPTP for waiver of their basic course? Also which field office is the AOR for Memphis, TN?

Comment

• Exbpa340
                  Exbpa340
                  West Coast DO
                  Exbpa340 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Negative on accepting academy. The only academies accepted are the Immigration Academies (BP academy 24 weeks and recently the CBPO academy) and even those individuals will need to attend an addition training.

• FNG41YR
                  FNG41YR
                  Forum Member
                  FNG41YR commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sheepdog
                  DUI Hunter
                  Sheepdog ICE isnt a uniformed agency or a 0083 series so UPTP wont be accepted

@Exbpa as they should I'm tired of these transfers not knowing how to do anything
                  FNG41YR
                  Forum Member
                  Last edited by FNG41YR; 01-19-2020, 03:22 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4627 users online. 258 members and 4369 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X