Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a study guide for the assessment?

Comment

• GeauxEC1
      GeauxEC1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really. It’s kinda you know how to answer the questions or not. It wasn’t difficult.

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      This is for the Special Agent test, it might help to go over it. Especially focus on the Logical Reason part.

https://www.ice.gov/doclib/careers/pdf/satestprep.pdf

Haven’t received an assessment.. Guess i
    am not in the first 2k

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      KJB What do you mean by heads up? so anyone who applied under VRA last yr automatically got an Assessment Test.

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      Back in June of 2017 I applied to a VRA announcement where you had to mail a copy of your resume with some other stuff to OHC in Dallas. They sent me an email back in mid December of last year saying they were going to be announcing a Direct Hire announcement for Deportation Officer in the next few days.

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it. Would you say it’s best to apply the second the announcement comes out? That way you may fall under whatever # they are looking for.

Like this announcement said they’ll look at the first 2k. Does that mean they need 2k qualified or 2k best qualified? Hope this doesn’t confuse anyone reading.
      Last edited by 1RidgeRunner7; 09-16-2018, 03:18 PM.

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      The first 2,000 qualified applicants will get to take the assessment. That is what determines if/when you get referred.

1RidgeRunner7 Yes, I recommend that you everything ready at all times to do so. I always have the most current version of my SF-50, Performance Evaluation and other forms I might need uploaded as soon as I get them.
    Last edited by KJB; 09-16-2018, 03:24 PM. Reason: Meant to comment.

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      If one gets a TSL, would they require to submit recent performance Evals for this announcement?

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think so, I haven't.

My app was submitted after 6p est on 9/13. I would assume I missed the first 2000 applicants

Comment

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you both talking about the same announcement? I applied around 1600 hours on the 13th and haven’t received an assessment...

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      raptor170 the most recent one. 9/13-9/17. I think it’s been thrown around nothing will be known until after the announcement closes.

• ERICJ1007
      ERICJ1007 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ridge Runner is talking about a previous announcement. I believe nobody will get an assessment notification until at least the announcement closes on 9/17 @ 11:59p. He was just letting me know even though I did not apply till later in the evening on 9/13 I could still receive a notification for an assessment like the previous folks did when they applied right before announcement closed the previous time

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhhh ok I’m tracking now. Prior Air Force here...a little slow. Not Marine slow....but still slow. Lol. Thanks y’all! Hopefully I get an assessment....however I’ll be in the Bahamas tomorrow so hopefully I can find internet to complete it! Do y’all know how long you get to complete the assessment?

Originally posted by 1RidgeRunner7 View Post
    If one gets a TSL, would they require to submit recent performance Evals for this announcement?
    I didnt have to submit any performance reviews or evaluations when I got mine.

Comment

Ok Good. I am assuming an investigator will look at your work file eventually. It will all be there.

Comment

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, my BI spoke to HR yesterday and early next week they are sending someone to talk to other people at my old job.

This announcement is not going to be handled the exact way as the 2017 announcement. It looks like they will test the first 2,000 Best Qualified applicants.

This is from the December 2017 announcement under the Next Steps section.

"If you meet the minimum qualifications of this position, you may be presented with instructions on how to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments system. These additional online assessments must be completed within 48 hours following the close of this announcement unless you have requested Reasonable Accommodation for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Your results will be kept on record for one year when applying for future jobs that require the same USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. "

This is from the September 2018 one, same section.

"ICE will initially test 2,000 applicants for selection consideration. Subsequently, applicants will be tested on an as needed basis to fill additional vacancies. We will consider applications in the order in which they are received to yield 2,000 applicants that are tentatively qualified and eligible to take the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and receive further consideration. If necessary, additional applicants may be considered in the order in which they have applied.

Within approximately 6 weeks of completing the application in USAJOBS and USA Staffing, tentatively qualified and eligible applicants may receive an Assessments are Required notification. Included in this notification will be a link to a web page with further information about how to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments.These additional online assessments must be completed within 48 hours of receiving the Assessments are Required notification.

Once you submit your application, we will assess your experience and training, identify the best qualified applicants, and refer those applications for testing. We will notify you by email the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. Your status will also be updated on your USAJOBS account throughout the process. If you are selected, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.

Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change."

Comment

Does anyone know when the next announcement will be?
        OUT!!

Comment

• KJB
          KJB commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm going to guess not until 2019 at best.

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully you mean FY19 lol

• Baneblood
          Baneblood commented
          Editing a comment
          KJB means FY 20.

• KJB
          KJB commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, probably late 2019.

I applied to the female DO back in June 2018. Had a mix up which was cleared in July. I’ve now done medical, drug screening, fitness test and my BI was just forwarded over. All started after the tentative offer. Not sure what is next but they do a pre clearance so if you pass that you can go to FLETC while the BI is still pending.

Comment

Anyone hear anything on September 13th announcement?

Comment

• Odox002
            Odox002 commented
            Editing a comment
            Haven't hear anything yet.

• ChiGuy1980
            ChiGuy1980 commented
            Editing a comment
            Man they are really taking their sweet time.

• raptor170
            raptor170 commented
            Editing a comment
            I called the phone number on our application and they said another 3-4 weeks.

• ChiGuy1980
            ChiGuy1980 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great information. Thanks Raptor.

Any news whether people have been referred?

Comment

• raptor170
            raptor170 commented
            Editing a comment
            No news here.

Just got the email that I didn't get in the first 2000 qualified applicants but if more vacancies come available my application will be considered at that time

Comment

• Mhuck
            Mhuck commented
            Editing a comment
            I got an email stating- ineligible need to complete additional assessments. Anyone have a clue? I’m already a gl-07 in fed system don’t see how not qualified.

• raptor170
            raptor170 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mhuck I am confused as well. Maybe an assessment is coming our way.

I got the email;
          Ineligible for the following position or positions:
          • GL-1801-5; You must complete additional assessments in order to be considered for this position.
          • GL-1801-7; You must complete additional assessments in order to be considered for this position.
          Never got an assessment to take.

Comment

• raptor170
            raptor170 commented
            Editing a comment
            KJB any advice on the assessments?

• Chase17662
            Chase17662 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea I got the same email. I wanted to call but decided not too. Anyone on here apply for The Chicago office? I spoke to a ICE agent and said they are hurting for people.

• KJB
            KJB commented
            Editing a comment
            raptor170 The only thing I recommend is finding the ICE Special Agent study guide and using that. It looks similar to the DO test but I think the SA test is harder.

• Odox002
            Odox002 commented
            Editing a comment
            I applied for CHI

Hey guys two part question. 1) did anyone else receive the assessment like 6 times? and 2) did anyone try and login to take the assessment and get the “assessment has not yet begun” message? Thanks guys.

Comment

• mxxdude
            mxxdude commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn’t get one :/

• raptor170
            raptor170 commented
            Editing a comment
            ChiGuy1980 no assessments have been sent to me yet.

• Mhuck
            Mhuck commented
            Editing a comment
            I received the same email. That the assessment has not yet begun after clicking the link to take the assessment. I am sure they are still in the early stages of trying to get everyone assessment emails. I emailed the helpdesk just as a precaution however to make sure it wasn't an error.

• mxxdude
            mxxdude commented
            Editing a comment
            Just got it this morning and the assessment wasn't working for me either.

it says my application is complete
          officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11988 users online. 492 members and 11496 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X