Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exbpa340
    commented on 's reply
    Each of us have our own career choices/goals. Over the years PAs (BPAs) have always been allowed to transfer into ERO (ADR/DRO) without any further academy/training requirement and is probably a big driving force for many that don’t want to do another academy. This allowed a PA to move off the border into a location and in many cases a more coveted job/position. Prior to 2012 a PA transferring into a DO position was a promotion (GS 11 to GS 12). Sometime after that PAs lost AUO and eventually went to BPAPRA. At that point both positions (DO and PA) were GS 12s but DOs were compensated a little better because of FLSA. About a year ago CBPOs were added to those not needing to attend another basic academy. The service decided to implement a 4 week gentleman’s course for those transferring in from CBP. Many people simply do not want to complete another academy. The current BP Academy is 26 weeks long. Transferring over to HSI would require another academy (HSISAT/CITP) which is another 26 weeks (I believe).

• Calitown
    commented on 's reply
    fathitman
    Yep, ERO doesn't hire massively like our sister agencies do. I also notice many of you guys skip ERO and go directly with HSI whenever they open up. I think thats the smarter move anyways if youre already a 11-12 with CBP/BP.

• fathitman
    replied
    They seem to be pulling names from the Jan 5/7 announcement. I only applied for the 11/12 announcements and scored mid 90's and have not received any calls yet.

There are some CBPO and BP who are so desperate to get out they applied for the 5/7 posting as well to increase their chance on being hired. I am not interested in taking that big of a pay-cut to be honest.

Also remember that there is always a large amount of applicants who get a job offer but end up not taking it since it is not a location they want to work at. So your chances of getting an offer do increase as time goes on. But there is a small number of DO's to start with so numbers are not in your favor. My advice if you really want to get hired apply for the 5/7 postings and put in for the ****ty southern border FOs.

Seeing CBPOs with less than 3 years expierence and no real immigration expierence get hired for the 5/7 spots in laughable in my opinion. I imagine ICE is trying to save money hiring the low salary peoples before the 11/12 applicants.

I am also being told by a few DO's that pretty much 90% of the new hires reporting to their location are all prior BP or CBP.
    Last edited by fathitman; 02-07-2021, 11:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Levithane
    commented on 's reply
    I don't know anything about how ICE does their hiring. I have never had any interaction with them, other than getting that email.

• KG83
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, that's the comment I'm talking about. I just realized that he/she said " transfer". Do you know anyone who received that email and got on? I have been trying to get on for a while and this is the first time I received something like this and I was hoping a good sign.

• Levithane
    commented on 's reply
    KG83 are you talking about the deportation officer delphi forum thread? Exbpa340 is the only sane person who is on that forum. I looked at some of the posts on there, and that forum is worse than reddit. The person "you're talking about said he got the email 3 separate occasions and 2 for the same announcement at different times throughout the year, and never got the transfer". Based on that post he or she sounds like they are an employee trying to transfer to another area.

• KG83
    commented on 's reply
    Sadly someone stated on the other forum that the email doesn't mean anything and they received four similar emails during other announcements and it didn't amount to anything for them. I'm praying for a different result.

• Levithane
    commented on 's reply
    I picked Dallas and Houston TX. As far as who they pick I'm not sure how ICE decides which resumes to push forward. If they are like the other agencies they probably try getting a mixture of LE, govt, private sector, and people with no experience.

• KG83
    commented on 's reply
    I received the same email. Not sure if it means anything. Praying for a TSL. This is the first time I received a email like this. I always get referred and then nothing. Did you pick Dallas AOR on your application?
    Last edited by KG83; 02-07-2021, 02:45 PM.

• my93rx7tt
    replied
    A POC looked for my name of referred candidates and I was told they didn't get an updated lists at the location that I applied for. The POC did say they had 2 old lists with names on it but nothing new yet. This was as of last week.

Leave a comment:

• Houston713
    replied
    Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
    Did anyone else get an email saying if they are still interested in the position?
    Nope. Crickets.

Leave a comment:

• darkhorse6
    commented on 's reply
    Got the same email for the Dallas FO. Progress is progress.

• Levithane
    commented on 's reply
    They send you an email asking about locations you are interested in so they can continue to review applications. When I got the email it came with various locations in Texas and Oklahoma.

• zombiemap
    replied
    Did anyone else get an email saying if they are still interested in the position?

Leave a comment:

• zombiemap
    commented on 's reply
    that's good news, I got referred but still waiting to hear back. what locations did they have or you asked for?

how did the email look, ill be on the look out

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3182 users online. 199 members and 2983 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X