Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The faster you knock out that assessment the better. As soon as I got the email I knocked it out. That’s how I was able to get called right away and take care of everything so soon. Always do your best and be 100% honest on everything.

Comment

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you expand on "That's how I was able to get called right away"
      Called for what?

• Rickyrecon012
      Rickyrecon012 commented
      Editing a comment
      Called to go to the bathroom. sure as hell wasnt a call from HR or field office

• HSI just posted.

Comment

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      Do that instead

• Unfortunately, I can’t take the assessment till tonight. If I click on the assessment link does it allow me to start on it right away ?

Comment

• I applied to late...to many people in front of mine

Comment

• Anyone take the assessment yet?!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCG128 View Post
          Anyone take the assessment yet?!
          Yea, finished everything. Only thing is I wrote a pretty long essay but I didn’t get a chance to record it..hopefully it saved when the time expired

Comment

• NCG128
            NCG128 commented
            Editing a comment
            Was it tough?

• PA_Ed
            PA_Ed commented
            Editing a comment
            Revised elsewhere
            Last edited by PA_Ed; 12-15-2019, 08:47 AM.

• Originally posted by NCG128 View Post
          Was it tough?
          I would say somewhat challenging. The 3rd section is mainly personal opinion so it shouldn’t be hard for most.

Comment

• Hey guys, I took the assessment today (applied to the November 2019 announcement) but didn't get to click "Submit" on the essay part. I had over the required amount of words for the essay, but does anyone know if it automatically submits your essay for you if you run out of time or does it just score you as zero? Thank you in advance for your response(s).

Comment

• Anyone here wanting to swap to birmingham, al?

Comment

• FNG41YR
                FNG41YR commented
                Editing a comment
                Alabama, yuck. No thanks

• gizmochase17
                gizmochase17 commented
                Editing a comment
                birmingham isn’t so bad. mountain brook is one of the most prestigious places to live in the country, but montgomery, gadsden and etc is the real **** show.

• Originally posted by Tjwright95 View Post
              Hey guys, I took the assessment today (applied to the November 2019 announcement) but didn't get to click "Submit" on the essay part. I had over the required amount of words for the essay, but does anyone know if it automatically submits your essay for you if you run out of time or does it just score you as zero? Thank you in advance for your response(s).
              It automatically records it. I asked the help desk about that.

Comment

• Tjwright95
                Tjwright95 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok thank you! Hopefully I passed; I felt pretty good about it.

• I completed the two assessments and the personality trait questionnaire on Thursday 12/12. Around 5:30pm on Friday, 12/13 I completed and submitted the essay. I wish everyone the best of luck of hope we all have a quick turn around time. Eager to get this process under way.

Comment

• I received my email with EOD date for Jan 5 and the 6 wk DOTP course Jan 13

Comment

• fathitman
                  fathitman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Will be interesting to see what the DOTP course consists of. Also leaving AMO for this? Damn

• DiverB72
                  DiverB72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  To be completely honest I'm not super enthusiastic about doing this job. I have 16yrs of the covered federal law enforcement retirement and CBP AMO denied two of my transfers to get back to Michigan. I won't go into great detail and bore you with why I have to live in Michigan but basically my wife and child live in Michigan and I had been working in Arizona for the past 6 months alone.

ICE ERO just arrived in the nick of time, as I've been on annual leave attending ground school for a airline and I was ready to quit CBP in January after I completed the training for the airline. At leaste with going to ICE ERO my medical insurance and benefits will remain the same for my family and I'm continuing towards my federal retirement. Pay cut from AMO to ICE is minimal compared to the $60k paycut I was about to take with heading to fly for a regional airline.

Looking forward to working with you guys at ICE.

• FNG41YR
                  FNG41YR commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @DiverB72

You’ll hate it in ERO, but you only have a few years left so congrats. You’ll be home bro

• Originally posted by DiverB72 View Post
                To be completely honest I'm not super enthusiastic about doing this job. I have 16yrs of the covered federal law enforcement retirement and CBP AMO denied two of my transfers to get back to Michigan. I won't go into great detail and bore you with why I have to live in Michigan but basically my wife and child live in Michigan and I had been working in Arizona for the past 6 months alone.

ICE ERO just arrived in the nick of time, as I've been on annual leave attending ground school for a airline and I was ready to quit CBP in January after I completed the training for the airline. At leaste with going to ICE ERO my medical insurance and benefits will remain the same for my family and I'm continuing towards my federal retirement. Pay cut from AMO to ICE is minimal compared to the $60k paycut I was about to take with heading to fly for a regional airline.

Looking forward to working with you guys at ICE.
                You hit it right on the head. My family situation is my biggest concern. I have a wife & young children. Not being able to see them everyday will be a challenge. Not trying to “jump the gun” but if I receive an official offer for Karnes City which is basically San Antonio, I pray & hope someone in the Houston area will switch with me which is where my family will be at.

Comment

• Has anybody heard anything from September 2018 announcement?

Comment

• KJB
                    KJB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I haven't heard anything from the 9/2018 announcement but that's probably because I was hired off the 12/2017 one.

• Hank_Garcia
                    Hank_Garcia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wanna be like you when I grow up.

• OscarB201
                    OscarB201 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think that announcement is gone. I was referred but never got the call. Now new announcements are not open to the public

• Theout
                    Theout commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think month or two ago - people still received TSL from nov 2018 . So don’t lose hope - just not yet

• Hey did it knock you back to USAJOBS when you completed the assessment and stated that “you have completed all required assessments, you will be informed of the next steps in the application process”

Comment

• PA_Ed
                    PA_Ed commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes sir it did

• Hank_Garcia
                    Hank_Garcia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wish you all the best of luck in the process.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16606 users online. 446 members and 16160 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X