Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hank_Garcia View Post
    For my posting it came about around 1 PM. I kept refreshing the page until I came up. I think I was one of the first to get my application in order. Awesome stuff
    Ok, I know this last for the 5/7 they posted at midnight when most people are sleep. I wish I had an exact time bro.

Comment

• Theout
      Theout commented
      Editing a comment
      Bad advise - notifications come out at the end of the day . If announcement is capped - you would be out of luck. Just have to refresh and check every hr or so - it’s a bit overboard but if you know announcement should come out soon - it’s the only way out

• Hank_Garcia
      Hank_Garcia commented
      Editing a comment
      I know it’s bad advice. I agree with you and would add that refreshing the page every hour on the hour helps.

• Theout
      Theout commented
      Editing a comment
      Would be better if the notifications went out when the posting comes out . But it is what it is

• ifemmak78
      ifemmak78 commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess you won't be invited for assessment if you don't apply within the first week of job posting? I doubt that.

• Originally posted by Hank_Garcia View Post
    The only advice I can provide you with is to sign up for notifications and wait for posting.
    I did but it didn’t alert me immediately. Fortunately someone told me when it posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theout View Post
      Would be better if the notifications went out when the posting comes out . But it is what it is
      Exactly. By the time you get it 4,000 people have applied already.

Comment

• Did anyone here back from the most recent announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by NCG128 View Post
          Did anyone here back from the most recent announcement?
          Not yet.

Comment

• NCG128
            NCG128 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here man! I’m hoping I get in! I want to get out to the NYC, NJ/Philadelphia area. But I’ll go anywhere at first.

• The normally don't pull names for 4-6 weeks after the closing date

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I also applied for the DO position which closed in November 18. How long does it take to be contacted by the HR and length of the hiring process?

Thanks

Comment

• ifemmak78
              ifemmak78 commented
              Editing a comment
              if you don't mind me asking. What was it like when you went through the process?

• Theout
              Theout commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s a fast process - pretty standard.
              Medical / PFT test
              drug test
              Background
              Polygraph ( it’s random - or that’s what they say.)
              They are very quick - medical is probably might be the trickiest one. Many people get stuck inside the purgatory. If you have any conditions , had any operations or wear contacts / glasses - they will most likely request a waiver- that and the review of the waiver can double or triple the time of the process.
              I suggest forgetting about it and not to think about it - sometimes it’s take couple of months if not more to hear any correspondence after applying.

• ifemmak78
              ifemmak78 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the advice...I appreciate. Do you know if the will accept the same medical I did with CHS for CBP (passed the test 5 months ago)? Or they will require me to a new medical test?

• Theout
              Theout commented
              Editing a comment
              I think they wont accept anything besides a clearance ( although some said even that wasn’t accepted in many cases ).
              As I said before - don’t worry it’s a fast process - even if you have to do everything again it can be done in couple of months.

• Really hoping & praying that a 5/7 announcement will be posted sometime next week for other locations besides the last announcement in November.

Comment

• Theout
              Theout commented
              Editing a comment
              If they insert this text into a new announcement everyone will be screwed
              “Geographic Consideration: Applicants may choose as many locations as desired. However, the duty location offered will be based on the needs of the agency and availability of positions and funding. If you decline the location offered, you will be removed from further consideration. “

That’s taken from November 2019 one.
              Some people who were processing from 2018 announcement received calls with an offer of detention center offices ( crappy locations from 2019 announcement) and were informed if they don’t take it they will be removed from the process .
              So expect the unexpected

• Originally posted by Theout View Post
            If they insert this text into a new announcement everyone will be screwed
            “Geographic Consideration: Applicants may choose as many locations as desired. However, the duty location offered will be based on the needs of the agency and availability of positions and funding. If you decline the location offered, you will be removed from further consideration. “

That’s taken from November 2019 one.
            Some people who were processing from 2018 announcement received calls with an offer of detention center offices ( crappy locations from 2019 announcement) and were informed if they don’t take it they will be removed from the process .
            So expect the unexpected
            Yea, I heard that in the other forum. This is what working for the government is like. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

• NCG128
              NCG128 commented
              Editing a comment
              How far along are you in the process?

• When a nationwide opening goes out they are mainly hiring for the crappy/detention facility spots. The ONLY way to get a possibly good spot is using veterans preference or having a background they want to hire at the smaller office.

If they offer me a good spot I will take it. If not I am already a 12 so staying with CBP isn't a bad thing.

Comment

• fathitman
              fathitman commented
              Editing a comment
              HR only cares about the questionnaire you do.

If you are wanting to get to a specific office than your resumes gets looked at. I have a good spot lined up for me since I know people at the office I am wanting and got my name fast tracked with the sups. That is when your prior expierence will help you out. Networking is a skill people seem to have forgotten.

• NCG128
              NCG128 commented
              Editing a comment
              So do you think it’s going to be a level playing field for those who are looking to get in with ICE.

• Theout
              Theout commented
              Editing a comment
              You talking more of a Schedule B type of hiring ... most folks won’t get the sups to browse though the resumes.
              I did hear about people getting hired by contacting the office and were given an offer. But I think that was someone from BP. I just heard about it.

• FNG41YR
              FNG41YR commented
              Editing a comment
              Just stay there bro. This job sucks.

How far along are you in the process?
            I’m at the end of the process with CBP but to be honest I much rather get with ICE. I applied to the announcement last year a little too late & I applied to the November announcement.
            Last edited by Houston713; 12-06-2019, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Anyone know the starting pay for the level of G5? (I’m asking for on behalf of a friend). He’s going thru the process to the academy. I told him it’s all paid training but I’m not sure the exact amount.

Comment

• Well I was told by someone that supposedly there was to be a public announcement this month..I just called HR in Dallas & the lady said she has not heard anything about a public announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Houston713 View Post
                Well I was told by someone that supposedly there was to be a public announcement this month..I just called HR in Dallas & the lady said she has not heard anything about a public announcement.
                Bro they are contractors they barely know their own names lol

Comment

Bro they are contractors they barely know their own names lol
                  That’s sad lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19818 users online. 528 members and 19290 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X