Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Costanza View Post

Don’t trip, Chip. I did the same thing because miss me with El Centro, Fresno or bust and this is straight from the horses’ mouth..

”Good morning Costanza

Applications will be reviewed according to the original time stamped date; that is, the date the application was first submitted.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Office of Human Resource Operations Center (HROC)

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement

Department of Homeland Security”
    was that an email response regarding this last opening ?

Comment

• Originally posted by notoriousjnc View Post

was that an email response regarding this last opening ?
      Yes sir!

Comment

Yes sir!
        The one that closed on yesterday on 11/18/19 ? Well that was quick.

Comment

Yes sir!
          Did you email them for that response? I didn't receive anything other than my initial email stating that they received my application.

Comment

• A posting for almost every major city was posted. However, it’s only GS 11-12.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCG128 View Post

Did you email them for that response? I didn't receive anything other than my initial email stating that they received my application.
              Yes I did. Because I edited my locations on my application like 7+hrs after my initial submission so I was curious if it got dumped to the bottom of the list. Appears not to be the case. First 400 here I come!

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
                Hank_Garcia commented
                Editing a comment
                You should be a Latex salesman.

Yes I did. Because I edited my locations on my application like 7+hrs after my initial submission so I was curious if it got dumped to the bottom of the list. Appears not to be the case. First 400 here I come!
              Did you get the email for the online assessment? Because I haven’t yet

Comment

• Originally posted by notoriousjnc View Post
                A posting for almost every major city was posted. However, it’s only GS 11-12.
                There is a rumor going around that they will post a GS 5/7 for all major cities as well real soon.

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
                  Hank_Garcia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Correct. But as soon as they open it is as soon as they close it. They only need a few applications.

• Radio Raheem
                  Radio Raheem commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is true. I wonder when it will open.

• Would a associates degree and 2 1/2 years work experience allow me to apply for GS-5?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike248 View Post
                  Would a associates degree and 2 1/2 years work experience allow me to apply for GS-5?
                  I’m not sure if I’m qualified to answer. Hopefully this helps though. If I remember correctly, the job announcement mentioned the following:

You qualify for GS-5 if you have 3 years of work experience, or a bachelors degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hank_Garcia View Post
                    Correct. But as soon as they open it is as soon as they close it. They only need a few applications.
                    Well yea it’s a highly sought after job..just gotta stay prepared..the posting will be open an hour probably
                    Last edited by Houston713; 11-22-2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• FNG41YR
                      FNG41YR commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Highly sought after? Really? Maybe for a foot in the door the type.of thing

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                    That is true. I wonder when it will open.
                    I’m hearing sometime in December but you know with the government things can change unfortunately.

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
                      Hank_Garcia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Trust me, it’s all internal. If you got people on the inside that know the exact time and date of when the exam opens up, you have a head start. Another opening is coming up very soon. So be ready to jump on it or else you’ll miss your chance. My only hint to you and everyone hunting this opportunity is: On the date that the job posting opens up, Set your alarm clock to go off on every hour on the hour (starting 9am) so you can refresh page of the search of USAjobs so you can apply. This is what I did, and this is how I got in.

When you say a “few” how many applicants are you thinking they will accept?

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
                      Hank_Garcia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The last posting was 400 applicants. The one that I got called for was only accepting 2000 applicants. I think I was called first amongst the best qualified because I typed out an extensive essay in the assessment. Limit was 200 or more words and I kept typing out over a 1000, I referenced my job and my lifestyle. I mentioned overall how I can benefit to the agency as a DO. Most of my coworkers got ‘Best Qualified’ but we’re not called. When I asked him about the essay assessment they only put a few words or a couple of sentences.

• Theout
                      Theout commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There was no best qualified. You were either referred or not. And the essay part if I am not mistaken it’s not checked by a human - so the more is not necessarily the better- to a robot.

• FNG41YR
                      FNG41YR commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He has no clue on the exact amount. No one knows that for sure.

• Has anyone had to apply more than once prior to being accepted or making it farther along in the process.

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
                      Hank_Garcia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just apply and do your best.

• KJB
                      KJB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I applied once, got hired right away to my the duty station closest to my house but just had to wait a year to clear medical.

Trust me, it’s all internal. If you got people on the inside that know the exact time and date of when the exam opens up, you have a head start. Another opening is coming up very soon. So be ready to jump on it or else you’ll miss your chance. My only hint to you and everyone hunting this opportunity is: On the date that the job posting opens up, Set your alarm clock to go off on every hour on the hour (starting 9am) so you can refresh page of the search of USAjobs so you can apply. This is what I did, and this is how I got in.
                    Hey Hank, I have somewhat of an inside connect who told me the “estimated” date when it will open but said there were no guarantees. I thought they post the jobs at midnight ET?

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
                      Hank_Garcia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      For my posting it came about around 1 PM. I kept refreshing the page until I came up. I think I was one of the first to get my application in order. Awesome stuff

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8543 users online. 464 members and 8079 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X