Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I find out about Gs-5 openings with ICE in the NYC area?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_lowrey View Post
      How can I find out about Gs-5 openings with ICE in the NYC area?
      I would recommend just checking USA jobs everyday.

Comment

• You guys noticed they extended the closing date for the last deportation officer announcement?? First it said 11/14 now it says 11/18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Houston713 View Post
          You guys noticed they extended the closing date for the last deportation officer announcement?? First it said 11/14 now it says 11/18.
          Just noticed that.

Perhaps they weren’t getting much traffic ?

Comment

• Houston713
            Houston713 commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s what I’m guessing right?

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd say it's pretty unlikely they didn't get the 400 qualified apps they needed, and also really doesn't matter what the closing date is since they may take however many but are only pushing the first 400.

But then again maybe that's the case due to pretty much all the locations being detention centers and being a 5/7. Depsite that, I'd imagine they got 400 qualified apps in the 24 hours.

• Costanza
            Costanza commented
            Editing a comment
            Fresno is a detention center?

• I completed my medical yesterday. I received an e-mail today from HR saying my background was cleared and as soon as they get my medical results back they would call me for EOD.

Comment

• ifemmak78
            ifemmak78 commented
            Editing a comment
            What is EOD please?

• DiverB72
            DiverB72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Entrance On Duty (EOD), it's the day you start

• ifemmak78
            ifemmak78 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the information

• Anyone with specific questions about the offices / duties in the central Tx area give me a shout. Good luck in the application process. We need good help at most offices.

Comment

• Houston713
            Houston713 commented
            Editing a comment
            I picked the Karnes location due to the fact my family & I live in Houston. It’s about 2 1/2 hours away, but can you give me information on where most DO live in that area & what do they do in their down time, & what are the potential schedules like?

Thanks

• Stay Frosty
            Stay Frosty commented
            Editing a comment
            deleted...

• I work at a northern office within SNA but I’m familiar with karnes. The vast majority of the karnes guys live in San Antonio. It’s relatively close to San Antonio . I know of only 2 who live in karnes. . I think they run a day and swing shift , but I’ll double check . No midnights . It’s much better then Dilley or pearsall. It’s of course a detention center though.
          Last edited by TXICE; 11-14-2019, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Houston713
            Houston713 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the insight.

• FEDDI
            FEDDI commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you know if all the offices offered are detention centers? If you work at a detention center do you have opportunities for travel and/or fug ops?

• Stay Frosty
            Stay Frosty commented
            Editing a comment
            What do officers do at detention centers ? Is it like correctional work ?

• Quick question, I failed the Cbp poly and I can't apply there And border patrol for 2 years. Does the time limit apply to ice as well?
          Last edited by Wnsh490; 11-14-2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            Calitown is wrong here. Failing a poly for one agency isnt the end of the world. Poly's are BS but you arent doomed if you fail one.

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah Calitown is 100% wrong on this. I am currently employed in this position and previously “failed” a CBP poly. Be prepared to explain what happened and take one for ICE.

• Wnsh490
            Wnsh490 commented
            Editing a comment
            Another quick question that this raises, am I explaining what factors could have led to a failed result (nervousness)? or explaining why I literally am not a second-coming pablo escobar who uses steroids lol.

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            Both. Don’t add unnecessary details but get your point across. The whole G knows the CBP poly is a joke. I passed one for ICE and ATF but not CBP. Just be prepared to take one for this job.

• Quick question, when you update your application on USAJobs does push you to the “back of the line” as far as the order you applied?

Comment

• FEDDI
            FEDDI commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, don’t do it when they limit the applicant pool to a certain #. I’ve made that mistake before and got screwed.

• Originally posted by FEDDI View Post
          Yes, don’t do it when they limit the applicant pool to a certain #. I’ve made that mistake before and got screwed.
          That’s just wrong! If you are just “updating” your application why wouldn’t they keep record of your initial application?

Comment

• FEDDI
            FEDDI commented
            Editing a comment
            I know it’s ridiculous. It happened to me in 2015 when I applied for ERO. Now when I apply I check off every location just incase so I can say no later. If you’re not changing you’re responses and just need to add paperwork, email HR with the docs and they can add them to your file

• Would it be okay to apply at 20 years of age for their hiring process? I turned 20 yesterday lol.

Comment

• Personally I think it’s going to be hard for them to fill these vacancies. I’m hoping I get in-I’m trying to get to either Philly, NJ or NYC

Comment

• What are the duties of a DO at detention centers ?

Comment

• Rmodel1965
                Rmodel1965 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd imagine its like being a corrections officer for the feds. But more paperwork about immigration? But I'm just guessing.

• Theout
                Theout commented
                Editing a comment
                I been informed that contractors do all of the correctional stuff.

• FNG41YR
                FNG41YR commented
                Editing a comment
                The duties depend on what crappy assignment you’re in. Mostly Managing a docket.

• Originally posted by Houston713 View Post
              Quick question, when you update your application on USAJobs does push you to the “back of the line” as far as the order you applied?

Don’t trip, Chip. I did the same thing because miss me with El Centro, Fresno or bust and this is straight from the horses’ mouth..

”Good morning Costanza

Applications will be reviewed according to the original time stamped date; that is, the date the application was first submitted.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Office of Human Resource Operations Center (HROC)

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement

Department of Homeland Security”

Comment

• Originally posted by Costanza View Post

Don’t trip, Chip. I did the same thing because miss me with El Centro, Fresno or bust and this is straight from the horses’ mouth..

”Good morning Costanza

Applications will be reviewed according to the original time stamped date; that is, the date the application was first submitted.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Office of Human Resource Operations Center (HROC)

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement

Department of Homeland Security”
                I appreciate you getting that answered for me & I picked Karnes City because I live in Houston, TX that’s the closest location available. Not ideal but just trying to get my foot in the door.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6549 users online. 376 members and 6173 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X