Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone here is going to Texas, Louisiana, or any major city within the southern US wants to swap to Alabama (my office is in the biggest city in the state), then send me a PM. Small office, take home car, FUG OPS + CAP, less then 2 hours from ATL and less then 3 hours from Mobile. The office is great, but I am trying to get closer to family.
    Last edited by gizmochase17; 11-05-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you in Montgomery? If so, it's not the biggest city in the state. Birmingham is the biggest.

• gizmochase17
      gizmochase17 commented
      Editing a comment
      I never said I was in Montgomery.

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok then...my apologies.

• Does anyone know how long it takes for the background investigation to clear? My investigator submitted everything one month ago and I’m just waiting for that to clear. Once it clears I get my EOD.

Comment

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      That all depends on your background. Not all BI are the same

• Originally posted by ChiGuy1980 View Post
    Airlines? What does they mean?
    It just means a lot of us pilots who work for CBP Air & Marine are leaving to go fly for the airlines due to better quality of life, more money and not required to live in a border town. I have 16 yrs with Fed LE, so if I get hired with ICE so I can get off the southern border and back to Michigan then that would be great, I could finish my last 4 yrs and retire. If for some reason I don't get picked up by ICE as a DO, then I will probably head to fly for a airline and give up the LE thing.

My job with CBP AMO is nice as I get to fly and work in LE, but I really need to get back to Michigan and the airlines may be my only chance.

Comment

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      Never mind
      Last edited by FNG41YR; 11-06-2019, 07:01 PM. Reason: Mistake

• Rmodel1965
      Rmodel1965 commented
      Editing a comment
      You could always put in for fci Milan and do 4 years in corrections for the feds.

• just received my pre employment medical exam date, looks like im moving forward in the process

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
      Hank_Garcia commented
      Editing a comment
      You should have everything knocked out in a month in a half. Then comes the call for the EOD date and academy start date. All together if all works out it’ll be four months from now that you’ll be flying to Georgia.

• DiverB72
      DiverB72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told no academy for me, just a couple week training period, but who knows forsure. I'm just taking it day by day

• EOD - February 18th 2020. Life is good.

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
      Hank_Garcia commented
      Editing a comment
      Fed contractor. I’ll be in The NYC office.

• breezeboy92
      breezeboy92 commented
      Editing a comment
      Feb 18 EOD as well
      Last edited by breezeboy92; 11-19-2019, 08:41 PM.

• Hank_Garcia
      Hank_Garcia commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s wassup brother. I’ll message you here.

• ifemmak78
      ifemmak78 commented
      Editing a comment
      How was the process?

• The GS5 position just opened for the field office near me. I applied immediately.

Only the first 400 eligible applicants will be accepted. That seems kind of daunting but I’m hoping for the best.

Does it really take 6 weeks after applying to hear anything back ?

Comment

• Theout
      Theout commented
      Editing a comment
      If you will need to take the assessment- it will be as soon as it closes. But to find out if you have been referred - it will be a month - maybe more .

• Yep direct hire is open for limited locations
    first 400 as notoriousjnc said
    Last edited by Theout; 11-12-2019, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• Application submitted @ 9am, I can't imagine I am within the top 400

Comment

• So if you don’t get the link to the assessment you’re out ? Also these locations are rough lol I’m hoping that makes competition less

Comment

• Theout
          Theout commented
          Editing a comment
          Assessments sometimes sent after the announcement closes. So don’t worry

• Hank_Garcia
          Hank_Garcia commented
          Editing a comment
          Everyone gets a shot but not everyone who get best qualified will be called in right away.
          Last edited by Hank_Garcia; 11-12-2019, 12:57 PM. Reason: Misspelling of a word.

• Originally posted by PA_Ed View Post
        Application submitted @ 9am, I can't imagine I am within the top 400
        I submitted my app about an hour after it opened and even I’m questioning if I beat the cutoff lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by notoriousjnc View Post

I submitted my app about an hour after it opened and even I’m questioning if I beat the cutoff lol.
          Smh I set up alerts with USAjobs & didn’t get a notification!!

Comment

• Theout
            Theout commented
            Editing a comment
            USAjobs notifications are not instant. They are usually at the end of the day.( if I remember correctly ) there is no option that will notify you as soon as announcement is up .
            Last edited by Theout; 11-12-2019, 02:02 PM.

• Originally posted by Houston713 View Post

Smh I set up alerts with USAjobs & didn’t get a notification!!
          Honestly,I’ve been checking every night at 9pm Western Time. Every night for the last 6 months or so.

Also, does anyone know if there’s a way to prepare for the potential assessment? Thanks.

Comment

• Houston713
            Houston713 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have been to for the last year in a half. Unfortunately I applied at 11 am central time. I’m bracing myself for another disappointment. Smh

• Originally posted by Theout View Post
          USAjobs notifications are not instant. They are usually at the end of the day.( if I remember correctly ) there is no option that will notify you as soon as announcement is up .
          Guess that explains it. I applied at 11 am central time so I’m preparing to be let down again but we’ll see.

Comment

• Theout
            Theout commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t give up - you never know . Many people search jobs by locality - probably didn’t pop up in people’s searches unless they specifically search for DO and with no distance limit.

• Word of advice to aspiring applicants, if you're looking for traditional LE, this isnt it. Just know what you're applying for.
          Last edited by FNG41YR; 11-12-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            True, definitely not traditional LE. But damn the quality of life is lovely IF you’ve done traditional LE before.

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            Kmiech if you like the purgatory that is docket work knock yourself out

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            FNG41YR Luckily I don’t do docket work. But again depending on where you came from it has a lot of advantages. Count your blessings.

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            Isn't every location on the USC announcement a detention center? If so lol but hey they'll fill the spots so that's a good thing for everyone involved and the agency

• I just saw the announcement and applied and chose El Centro (Imperial Valley in SoCal). Glad to be applicant #157,493! Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Houston713
            Houston713 commented
            Editing a comment
            How do know what # you are?

• Houston713
            Houston713 commented
            Editing a comment
            lol just a little humor

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8968 users online. 488 members and 8480 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X