Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Official EOD email:
    EOD August 18
    Academy start date: September 10
    Applied 01/2014
    SAEE 03/26/2014
    APAT 04/18/2014
    SPI 05/09/2014
    COE (GL-9) 05/20/2014
    SI 06/06/2014

Comment

• Corey Angel
      Corey Angel commented
      Editing a comment
      How long after your poly / investigator I review did it take ?

• Ofc. Law
      Ofc. Law commented
      Editing a comment
      Good evening Bill, how long after you completed your E-quip, Medical and PT did you get your EOD?

• Big Bill
      Big Bill commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn’t take poly. I did PT and medical in December. Background investigator met with me in January. Had to submit extra medical documentation for sleep apnea and previous surgery in March. I got put into medical waiver process for sleep apnea in May I believe all support documentation submitted in June and got the call in July. They called 2 days after medical cleared me and granted waiver.
      Last edited by Big Bill; 08-23-2019, 01:19 PM.

• Just finished my poly last week, met with investigator yesterday .. anyone got an estimate how much is left?

Comment

• I did my eQIP and finger prints. Suppose to do physical soon. I already have eQIP clearance so it’s moving fast.

Comment

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        Whats your background like? Education/Work experience/military?

• Hank_Garcia
        Hank_Garcia commented
        Editing a comment
        My background is government. I have a BA in business management. I was never in the military.

• Poly scheduled.

Comment

• Ofc. Law
        Ofc. Law commented
        Editing a comment
        What Field Office are you headed too?

• Question: If I pass everything now, and the academy date for one of the guys here is September 10, could my academy date be next year or will it be months from now?

Next question: Is it a take it or leave it deal for the academy? Can I request a push back to a later time? My daughter is still a baby and I need to be around until she’s over 1yr old which is in October. So, I’m hoping they give me notice for EOD after October and academy in November.

I’m throwing this out to see what answers I’ll get. Thanks in advance for all your help on this forum. You guys are awesome.

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
        Hank_Garcia commented
        Editing a comment
        If the academies are three months or four months each wouldn’t the next one be in February? I’ll take their offers when it comes thank you for the advice, my concern is the ‘when’. Only because my wife and daughter. So, I hope I can leave at a good time, if there is a good time.

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        Academies are 16 weeks. Right now there are three academies running, those are running about 4 weeks apart. The September classes are scheduled to be two weeks apart, unless one of them gets cancelled. I was supposed to be in the second April class but it was cancelled so I went in the May academy instead.

• Hank_Garcia
        Hank_Garcia commented
        Editing a comment
        You went in the May academy class which means you graduated now and currently on duty? Correct? I have many more questions for you if that’s the case. Mind if I message you directly?

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        I graduate soon but I have Spanish. You can PM me.

• I was told by an ERO sup that they really need officers due to retirement, agency transfers, or relocations. He said that they will be opening up hiring again "soon," but he does not have a specific timeframe. Does anyone have more insight in terms of upcoming announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATanaka View Post
        I was told by an ERO sup that they really need officers due to retirement, agency transfers, or relocations. He said that they will be opening up hiring again "soon," but he does not have a specific timeframe. Does anyone have more insight in terms of upcoming announcement?
        Great news! Keep us posted on this bro! Maybe follow up in 2-4 weeks with your supervisor and see if he has any new information. Thanks for sharing

Comment

• Good evening, first post. For folks that applied to the September announcement, what were the locations offered? Or was it similar to some posting that allow you to choose a few field offices and from there you are placed. Thanks!

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
            Hank_Garcia commented
            Editing a comment
            https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510650300/

Many vacancies in the following locations:

Phoenix, AZ

Los Angeles, CA

San Diego, CA

San Francisco, CA

Denver, CO

Washington DC, DC

Miami, FL

Atlanta, GA

Chicago, IL

New Orleans, LA

Boston, MA

Baltimore, MD

Detroit, MI

Saint Paul, MN

Newark, NJ

Buffalo, NY

New York, NY

Philadelphia, PA

Dallas, TX

El Paso, TX

Houston, TX

San Antonio, TX

Salt Lake City, UT

Seattle, WA

• Good Afternoon, there have been posting of an Enforcement Removals Assistant, is this some what the same as a deportation officer??

Comment

• Andrew Alex
            Andrew Alex commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s an office assistant. I applied just to get an in into the agency. It’s not a LEO position.

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL basically.

• Ben1980
            Ben1980 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea I applied too.. the same day it came out... Have you heard back from them???

• Andrew Alex
            Andrew Alex commented
            Editing a comment
            Ben1980 negative. I applied to Pittsburgh and Chicago. Probably won’t hear back about anything for a while

• Hello all. Does anyone have a good number for the medical review group?

Comment

• Does anybody have any idea when the next announcement will be made? I know the new fiscal year starts soon.

Good luck to everyone whose going to the academy!

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
            Hank_Garcia commented
            Editing a comment
            I reckon it’s every two years. Right now departments are under a “hiring surge.”

• DiverB72
            DiverB72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Could be another hiring announcement in a few weeks or months after the new fiscal year starts. I was recently contacted by the deputy director of a field office that I contacted for a protentional opening. He told me he would be contacting me again after October, but no actual date or timeframe, just after October sometime

• Grape soda
            Grape soda commented
            Editing a comment
            I spoke with a Recruiter last week at a job fair. And he said the next announcement should be in 5 or 6 months.

• With ERO do you get to select your field office?

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
            Hank_Garcia commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure about that but of course you can put in for transfer.

• KJB
            KJB commented
            Editing a comment
            When you apply you pick your preferred Field Office

• There’s some openings for ERA (Enforcement and Removal Assistant) near me.

Anybody with knowledge know if perhaps this is a good way to get your foot in the door ?

Comment

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            It is not. That position is not LE. It gets your foot in the door into the gov, but that's about it.

• notoriousjnc
            notoriousjnc commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m aware of that. However, wouldn’t it be good experience? Possibly a stepping stone.

At a lower capacity you would be part of the ‘immigration process’ and working directly with other officials.

Experience that would better prepare you as a candidate for Deportation Officer. Maybe something you could do for a year or two?

• Theout
            Theout commented
            Editing a comment
            If you currently not a LEO - then apply to ERA ( why not ?) - you will be working with DOs. Sometimes DHS only announcements pop up and you can take it from there.
            This would be a decent path if you want to pursue a career with ICE. Or you could just sit and wait until the new announcement for DO or HSI ....

Plus I assume if you get ERA - you will be probably working at the office at which you might later be a DO at .
            Plus you will see maybe a piece of the work they do - and decide - yes I love this or maybe not so much .
            Another plus is you will be in federal government with a clearance .
            Last edited by Theout; 10-16-2019, 10:04 PM.

• KJB
            KJB commented
            Editing a comment
            I went to the academy with two ERAs, both of them got picked up as a DO in the office they worked.

• That’s very encouraging. The deadline to apply is in about 2 weeks. I’m debating if I should aim low or keep waiting for the next opening.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            I wonder when the next opening will be posted.

• I just received my tentative offer for DO in Grand Rapids, MI

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
            Hank_Garcia commented
            Editing a comment
            Hopefully I get mines soon.

• DocHolidayFan
            DocHolidayFan commented
            Editing a comment
            When did you apply?

• DiverB72
            DiverB72 commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't actually apply. In July I e-mailed the director my resume, and had a brief phone interview in September. I'm trying to get home to Michigan. I'd like to finish my time for my retirement, if for some reason I dont get hired than I will likely leave Fed service and head to the airlines like most of my co-workers, lol

• ChiGuy1980
            ChiGuy1980 commented
            Editing a comment
            Airlines? What does they mean?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8719 users online. 452 members and 8267 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X