Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know the average time you received your final offer from the time you receive TSL? I have no medical issues

Comment

• Any updates on when the next DH for ERO will open up? I applied in 2018 but I was too late and not within the 2000 application limit.

Comment

• Any updates regarding this position, DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH?

Applied September 13th of 2018, informed "You are among the best qualified candidates and have been referred for the next step in the selection process." and have not heard anything since.

Thank you,
        Ed

Comment

• Anyone take the Poly yet?

Comment

• mxxdude
            mxxdude commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I took on in April. It wasn’t that bad. Got a verbal pass and got my eod date a week after. Current DHS wmployee with a secret and I never had failed one. So if you have failed it’s a guarantee if not it’s a 50/50 shot if you take one. A guy on the other forums was a DHS LEO and had to take it

• Does anyone think someone who has minimal LE experience (failed-FTO/probation) has a shot at making it past the application screening process ?

Comment

• KJB
            KJB commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a long shot unless you have a degree. Doesn't hurt to try anyway.

• notoriousjnc
            notoriousjnc commented
            Editing a comment
            KJB I actually do have a 4 year degree. I went through a lot to try and be a police officer, but i got washed out twice. I don’t have any excuses, I’m just trying to reboot my career.

• KJB
            KJB commented
            Editing a comment
            All you can do is keep trying.

• I've been waiting on med clearance since December. Anyone else in a similar situation? I call every 2 or 3 weeks and get the same answer that my file is waiting on review in DC.

Comment

• KJB
            KJB commented
            Editing a comment
            I gave them my position descriptions for all the LE jobs I have worked. I got letters from supervisors, coworkers, etc. stating I am fully capable of LE work despite my issues. I wrote up a memo explaining why I know I can still do the job. Plus I submitted a letter from my doctor saying I can do LE work.

• Big Bill
            Big Bill commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the insight. I’m gathering all that info now. I’m currently a K9 Handler with DHS/TSA so hopefully that will help me too already being in an agency under the DHS umbrella.

• KJB
            KJB commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I'm sure it will.

• Big Bill
            Big Bill commented
            Editing a comment
            Medical Waiver granted after review

Last edited by 11b_kill; 05-26-2019, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            Just keep quiet and stop looking this gift-horse in the mouth, lol!!

• Does anyone know when the next opening is rumored to come out? I know there was one for September 2018, but I didn’t make the cut because I haven’t graduated college at that point. Wondering if they’ll have something open 2019; now that I’m graduated and getting experience.

Comment

• I was referred to this position, and have yet to hear anything. Is it safe to assume that I'm out and will have to try again by reapplying? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              Same - referred as best qualified, never heard / received any correspondence

• KJB
              KJB commented
              Editing a comment
              If I recall anyone that wasn't given a TSL by early April will have to wait until the next time they have an announcement.

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              KJB - thank you

Is this a TSL??

I received this email on 11/26/18 and have not received any update since. My status on USAJobs remains “referred” as of today, 6/10/2019

Eligible for the following position or positions:
              GL-1801-7; You are tentatively eligible for this series/grade combination based on your self-rating of your qualifications.
              GL-1801-5; You are tentatively eligible for this series/grade combination based on your self-rating of your qualifications.

The following is your referral status for the position or positions to which you applied:
              You have been referred to the hiring manager for position GL-1801-7 in Newark, New Jersey
              You have been referred to the hiring manager for position GL-1801-5 in Newark, New Jersey

• Theout
              Theout commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope - TSL is usually a letter with “ Tentative Offer - name “ as a subject . With congrats bla bla in the body of the letter . And actual TSL attached in PDF

• FYI I received a TSL yesterday. Just in case anyone is still wondering or lost hopes or have not heard anything since the referrals. I had completely forgot I even applied.

Comment

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! I have yet to receive one, do not expect one at this point in time.

May you give us a rundown of your background/experience please, thank you

• SeacretAgent
              SeacretAgent commented
              Editing a comment
              I apologize it is Washington DC. As far as background, military and federal civilian law enforcement.

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              That is awesome! What comes next in the hiring process, an interview?

Here are two numbers for anyone who wishes to be proactive:

Entry level ICE hiring - 214-905-5238
              Staffing - 214-905-5222

• SeacretAgent
              SeacretAgent commented
              Editing a comment
              Submit pre-employment paperwork then drug testing, physical agility and medical according to the instructions. At some point the background will be initiated as well.

• Question: is this a reliable source of reference for the PT?
            https://www.ice.gov/doclib/about/off...t_faqsheet.pdf

Comment

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes it is.

• Hank_Garcia
              Hank_Garcia commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you brother

• Any one have a contact number for hiring? I applied 2 years ago under the VRA figure Id try and see and try my luck about the status of it.

Comment

• Just got the call EOD August 18th New York field office
            Applied 01/2014
            SAEE 03/26/2014
            APAT 04/18/2014
            SPI 05/09/2014
            COE (GL-9) 05/20/2014
            SI 06/06/2014

Comment

• Big Bill
              Big Bill commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry made a new post to give background info accidentally. And process was started in the last announcement. Medical and PT in December, background started same time. No Poly. Medical waiver required for sleep apnea in June cleared for that last week.
              Last edited by Big Bill; 07-22-2019, 03:59 PM.

• KJB
              KJB commented
              Editing a comment
              What's your academy date?

• Big Bill
              Big Bill commented
              Editing a comment
              Haven’t sent me all information yet because they have to send all the information to TSA and apparently TSA has to “agree” to the EOD date. She did mention on the phone they have 2 dates in September middle and end that they were lining me up for.

• KJB
              KJB commented
              Editing a comment
              You should be able to make it to the September 10th academy then.

• Master’s Degree in National Security. Been with TSA for 9 years as screener, behavior detection officer, and last 5 years as a K9 Handler.
            Applied 01/2014
            SAEE 03/26/2014
            APAT 04/18/2014
            SPI 05/09/2014
            COE (GL-9) 05/20/2014
            SI 06/06/2014

Comment

• Kmiech
              Kmiech commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! What airport have you been at? I’m at the NY FO if you have any questions.

• Big Bill
              Big Bill commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, been at JFK for 9 long years

• I got my TSL. Did my background paperwork. Finished my medical and pt. what's next?

Comment

• Swsports22
              Swsports22 commented
              Editing a comment
              KJB do you know if someone took a poly for CBP less than 3 months ago and passed with still have to do another for ICE?

• AJ2710
              AJ2710 commented
              Editing a comment
              Had my fingerprints done, had my interview. “May be required to successfully complete a polygraph examination.” So maybe? Still need to meet with BI

• Kmiech
              Kmiech commented
              Editing a comment
              You shouldn’t have to take another poly again. But there is always a small possibility.

• KJB
              KJB commented
              Editing a comment
              If you passed a CBP poly within the last year you should be fine. However, ICE might decide they want you to do thier poly but even so, if you passed the CBP poly you'll pass the ICE poly.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9122 users online. 313 members and 8809 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X