300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law Enforcement Ranger 9-11 BLM

So I applied to this today. It's only open for the first 75 applicants. Anyone have more information about it, especially the physical requirements?

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509467900

I think people are making excuses for not applying or setting the table to justify them not being hired when they say vacancies with '1 position available' means 'they already have someone chosen', but first 75 applications for one of the more desirable jobs in federal law enforcement? Yeah, they already have someone in mind lol. I'm just being facetious and kidding, but if I had to hold my one all-in bet on which usajobs announcement is posted with the selection already determined, I'd put it on this. I think that sets a record for the lowest number of apps to close I've seen.

In an attempt to make my post actually useful, I went one by one through each section on the BLM website manuals and handbooks to find you an answer, but did not see it. https://www.blm.gov/policy/manuals So I have failed you.

Either way, hopefully not the case and good luck amigo!
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

I made the BQ list...

Comment

Know this..... BLM, NPS, FWS, USFS are all LAND MANAGEMENT AGENCIES that happen to have a Law Enforcement asset. The law that they are supposed to give needs to fall into the delicate balance of whether or not some long extinct species’ fecal matter is preserved.

There is is a big emphasis on being people pleasers and not heavy handed in the way of enforcement.

Comment

knights-rock-fantasy-art-colossus-artwork-1920x1080-wallpaper-545828.jpg

And when LE isn't the primary mission but just a niche, this is how you can expect to be treated. Be aware that the fights can get very viscous when the stakes are low....
          You can always tell when a man is well informed- his views are pretty much like your own.

-H. Jackson Brown Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomahawk30 View Post
            Know this..... BLM, NPS, FWS, USFS are all LAND MANAGEMENT AGENCIES that happen to have a Law Enforcement asset. The law that they are supposed to give needs to fall into the delicate balance of whether or not some long extinct species’ fecal matter is preserved.

There is is a big emphasis on being people pleasers and not heavy handed in the way of enforcement.

Haha, there may be some truth to what you say at some duty stations but to paint with such a broad brush is idiotic. I work for a land management agency and our focus is certainly on law enforcement be it hunting and fishing law across the spectrum to assaults, rapes and drug interdiction.

Comment

• Tomahawk30
              Tomahawk30 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh don’t misunderstand me. I also have worked in places were we focus on taking bad people to jail. However, my comment was directed to the overall mission of the agencies.

• izamsilas
              izamsilas commented
              Editing a comment
              Assaults and rapes with one of those mentioned agencies above?

I was wondering, has anybody been selected for an interview or a position? I was referred a few weeks ago.

Comment

• KJB
              KJB commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing on my end

I'm also curious about the PEB requirements. Cant find them anywhere on the forums or on the interweb.

Comment

• hawaiitexas
              hawaiitexas commented
              Editing a comment
              https://www.fletc.gov/peb-scores-age-and-gender

25 percentile is all you have to get
              Last edited by hawaiitexas; 04-27-2019, 02:26 PM.

• smclovin
              smclovin commented
              Editing a comment
              So then the body composition and sit/reach are most definitely required portions for employment with BLM LE as opposed to NPS and USFS which only require to pass the run, bench press and agility run?

• wildlife97
              wildlife97 commented
              Editing a comment
              SMC- Correct. Furthermore USFWS (uniformed at least) also requires passing the sit & reach, but not the body fat.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4336 users online. 194 members and 4142 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X