300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Department of Commerce, BIS OEE Special Agent

DOC Bureau of Industry Security, Office of Export Enforcement 1811.

Closed on the day 300 applications were received. Good locations. Interesting agency and mission. I have never personally worked with them, but my agency works hand-in-hand with them all the time, so I'm somewhat familiar with their mission. Im probably underqualified by their standards, but threw in on the GS-9/11 announcements.

All USC:
    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509202800/
    There was also a competitive service 9/11 announcement, as well as a 13 posting.

​​​​
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

PS, The GS-13 vacancies are still open at this time for anyone interested.

honor first

Comment

Damnit... not sure how these slipped by me. They had a spot in NC that I would have grabbed at for sure.

Comment

Not sure how I missed this either, I was driving cross country at the time but I checked everyday. I interviewed with them a few months ago, didn’t go my way. But they seemed to be a real great group of guys and seemed like it would be a great gig to work at.

Comment

FYI I have noticed that USAJobs postings hit at midnight, but some postings get put on later in the afternoon. So I would check multiple times a day.

On another note it was odd that this posting took more than a few days to get 300 apps...

Comment

• Gollywompas
            Gollywompas commented
            Editing a comment
            Who are you with right now battle?

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            HSI. Very content here all in all. I've only applied to this and one other job since I got here, and only because they had openings in my home state, which unfortunately would probably take 10+ to get to with HSI

• Exbpa340
            Exbpa340 commented
            Editing a comment
            Threading the needle with the desired job in the desired location is always difficult with the Feds.

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed. Had s conversation about this with another fed. Most federal LE jobs only check 2 of the 3 boxes; job satisfaction, location, 6C coverage. BP being a great example for most Agents. Most love the job, 6C, but don't want to be on the border for 20 years.

So about to retire from the Army and applied to this as well as the DH for HSI... all I hear is that it takes years to get any of the 1811 hiring processes complete... any of you gents have insight to that?

Comment

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            Took 1.5 for my first, and my second one which ran concurrently with my first application took 2.5 years. But to their credit, my application didn't actually start processing for a year, so the actual hiring took 1.5, but doesnt change the fact I was still sitting there for 2.5.

The DH has been promised to the agency and applicants to be a faster hiring process, but the DH announcement itself was screwed up the day it launched, so we shall see.

Application status changed today for the competitive service announcement, 'referred'. All USC remains 'received'.

honor first

Comment

So got referred on this one for 9... battle you are at HSI now but would switch? Referred on the DH for HSI as well... got some questions. Can you pm me? Tried to send you one but it got rejected.

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Deleted some stuff out of my inbox and outbox, give it another shot. For anyone else who may see this, I am more than happy with HSI, I have zero complaints. The only thing that is a negative of the agency is mobility. There are certain regions that are easily 10+ years to get to, some more. BIS is actually a gig that interests me (similar world as HSI's CPI investigations), and they have great locations. That was pretty much my reason for applying. Though things have already changed since the announcement, and I don't know if i could accept an offer unless it came ASAP.

Figured it was mobility, that’s the only complaint I have heard from HSI overall. Hit you on pm, thanks.

Comment

Anyone see movement since NOR came out?

Comment

• battlewagon
                battlewagon commented
                Editing a comment
                negative here

Originally posted by jwnagle View Post
              Anyone see movement since NOR came out?
              I had an interview several weeks ago for one office, and contacted by another office about my interest in I terviewing, which I was.

No word from the interview or the potential interview.

Comment

• battlewagon
                battlewagon commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice, congrats on those. Current 1811 with related experience?

Current 1810, however have been under a 6c non-1811 prior to my current gig.

Comment

• battlewagon
                battlewagon commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool deal, always curious what catches the hiring agency eye for certain jobs. Current 1811 here and prior 6C LEO, but I am pretty new to the investigator game, so like I said in my OP, I probably dont have the investigative experience they are looking for.

• LE
                LE commented
                Editing a comment
                What locations were you contacted by? I'm a current 1811 and had applied for Cincinnati, been referred and haven't heard anything yet.

Any additional movement after NOR? Did anyone receive an interview or got hired?

Comment

Originally posted by Loyalty View Post
                Any additional movement after NOR? Did anyone receive an interview or got hired?
                I received an update from usajobs this mornjng saying there was an update to my application status, though when I view it on usajobs, nothing has changed. Im assuming they picked up who they needed based on the earlier posts in the threads with guys interviewing pretty quickly after NORs.

honor first

Comment

Well it took them a while.... I just got an email stating I was referred for the MAP announcement. Either they are still looking for a few positions, or they forgot to check the box for the non-interviewees.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6082 users online. 216 members and 5866 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X