Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US probation medical clearance and previous mental health help. Questions&insight plz

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US probation medical clearance and previous mental health help. Questions&insight plz

Hope all is well. I recently applied for, interviewed, and completed a background investigation for United States Probation and Parole. During that investigation I disclosed I had previously been in therapy on two separate occasions. One in college, and one currently. I was never diagnosed with anything serious. I was never (and still am not) on medication. I have never had thoughts of suicide or suicidal ideations. I have never been hospitalized.

As part of the investigation, they required a letter from both psychologists stating the diagnosis, why I was in therapy, and if the prognosis looked good. I passed the background investigation.

I had had my medical exam last month. They came back and now want another letter stating the dates and why I was in therapy to begin with, medications, suicide, etc. I completely understand why.

Has as anyone ever been in a similar situation? What was the outcome? Any insight to this situation?

For future reference, do not disclose what they will not find out on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by mswuspo View Post
      Hope all is well. I recently applied for, interviewed, and completed a background investigation for United States Probation and Parole. During that investigation I disclosed I had previously been in therapy on two separate occasions. One in college, and one currently. I was never diagnosed with anything serious. I was never (and still am not) on medication. I have never had thoughts of suicide or suicidal ideations. I have never been hospitalized.

As part of the investigation, they required a letter from both psychologists stating the diagnosis, why I was in therapy, and if the prognosis looked good. I passed the background investigation.

I had had my medical exam last month. They came back and now want another letter stating the dates and why I was in therapy to begin with, medications, suicide, etc. I completely understand why.

Has as anyone ever been in a similar situation? What was the outcome? Any insight to this situation?
      Saved. Waiting for CCCD or whatever that guys name is that joins these kinds of threads to roast the OP

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpker View Post
        For future reference, do not disclose what they will not find out on their own.
        Quote above me is an example of what we call ****ty advice.

US Probation is pretty reasonable overall and isn't as stringent as other Fed LE agencies. To the OP, I think you are fine. You did what you should have done ethically and therefore, you did the right thing. I don't think you have anything to worry about. I haven't been through your situation, but from what I've heard through the grapevine from coworkers and the like, they're really just on the look out for major issues (current extreme diagnoses, past or present suicidal/homicidal ideation, etc). Things that would disqualify you from carrying out the core job duties.

Comment

Yeah the psychologists or therapist cannot release anything without your consent. I wouldn't have said anything if it's not serious. (No medication, hospitalization etc.)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7823 users online. 329 members and 7494 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X