300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusm Fcip

This thread is for everyone currently involved in the FCIP hiring for US Marshals Service.

Feel free to talk about progress, or post up questions.

SD of TX

Just waiting for my interview next Monday. I'm a little nervous and asked just about everyone I could for advice. Hopefully, all will go well and it'll be on to the next step.

Comment

Fcip?????????????????????
      IGNORE LIST - Banastretarlton AKA "banana boy"

"In the fields of observation chance favors only prepared mind"
      -----Louis Pasteur

"Sweat in training saves blood on the battlefield."

-------Col. David "Hack" Hackworth

On my 7 year old 2nd Grade Class wall

------------YOU are RESPONSIBLE for YOUR OWN ACTIONS

Comment

Originally posted by VACOP1
        Fcip?????????????????????
        I think it means Federal Career Internship Program or something of the sort, please correct me if I' wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by tua
          I think it means Federal Career Internship Program or something of the sort, please correct me if I' wrong.
          You are correct sir....

www.opm.gov/careerintern

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357
            You are correct sir....

www.opm.gov/careerintern
            Do you get paid for that?
            "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

Originally posted by miked6
              Yeap.....it's a two year thing....and you are either at a GS-5/7/9 payrate......

Comment

Originally posted by miked6

Yes, you are hired as an 082 Deputy U.S. Marshal with all the same authority/powers etc. The FCIP push is the most recent wave of hiring. I am not aware of any differences associated with being hired under FCIP, possibly someone with a better clue could answer that one.

Glad some people finally responded to this thread

Comment

Fcip

FCIP is a new program only being held in 10-12 districts in the USMS. These districts are mostly harder to staff larger offices. Under this program, your first 2 years you will be on probation. The only way to qualify for consideration you would have had to go to one of the informational sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by USMS08610083
                    FCIP is a new program only being held in 10-12 districts in the USMS. These districts are mostly harder to staff larger offices. Under this program, your first 2 years you will be on probation. The only way to qualify for consideration you would have had to go to one of the informational sessions.
                    I just found out one of my buddies back home is interviewing this week for it.......as he hooked up with some DUSMS guys on a case he worked and they knew about it...... and advised him to show up to the session......

Comment

I have an interview in the coming week aswell. Goodluck Robert!

Comment

Originally posted by USMS08610083
                        Do you know which districts out of curiousity?

Comment

Fcip

Not all of them off hand. DC/SC, DC/DC, S/NY, S/TX, Guam to name a few.
                          Last edited by USMS08610083; 04-17-2007, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Terp,

Appreciate it! Ditto.

Question: I don't know how many spots they have open for each district, so I'm assuming that there could be some leftovers. So, my question is: if we're not picked up for the possible FLETC class in October, are we going to be kept on a list to be hired at a later date, etc.?

Robert

Comment

By the way, Bearcat357, thanks for the link. That was interesting. I thought this was USMS specific program. It looks like all agencies can use it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4057 users online. 194 members and 3863 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X