300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF vs HSI

just curious on people’s thoughts if given the choice between the two agencies

Take the first 1811 that you get. Worry about specializing after you've got the basics down. HSI has a broad mission with support from the executive branch, and some of congress, but, they're constantly fighting uphill to enforce laws that are on the books. ATF guys are top notch and work in very dangerous environments at times, but, the interactions that I've had with them has been very positive.

Comment

I would rather work for HSI, ATF should be a store, not a federal agency, lol. Seriously though, I think the part about HSI that I like the best is the stopping human/child trafficking and offenses related to victimizing children.

Comment

• RaspiestShrimp
        RaspiestShrimp commented
        Editing a comment
        HSI seems to have some very interesting units. Not that I wouldn't love taking out human traffickers of any type, but I just found out that have an "international war crimes investigation unit". That sounds reeeeeeeeally incredible.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        If you want to have the option to work any type of case your heart desires, HSI is the way to go, bar none. FBI would be a close second, but HSI investigates more titles of the USC than any other agency, and has more statutory authority than any other federal agency. And the customs authority is worth the price of admission alone. Immigration authority is very unique, and interesting if stuff like that interests you like KJB mentioned alone.

As a note of caution, of course things like counter proliferation investigations and HRVWCC may sound sweet, and they are, but it possible to get in and never work a certain type of case that you want. Just all depends on location, office, assignments/TDYs, etc. For example the SAC I work in, and specifically my office, has never done a CPI case, and probably never will.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7930 users online. 350 members and 7580 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X