Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's always isolated instances, usually scenarios where so and so is a well-known entity by the hiring official, heck, maybe even best drinking buddy with the hiring official, and the slot was theirs before it was even advertised.

I'd like to know the percentage though of NPS SAs who lateralled into 1811 jobs. I bet it is very small, like 2%. In comparison, the number of laterals for FWS 1811s is probably 30%. HSI loves laterals like groundhogs love sunshine. And some small shops, like FDA, nearly every 1811 is a lateral.
    Convictions, in the end, they can be dangerous. But a world without them is just kind of an awful, gray, amorphous mass.

-Bono

Comment

• hawaiitexas
      hawaiitexas commented
      Editing a comment
      NPS SA's hiring sadly has a nepotism problem, jobs seem to get handed down.

• Ratatatat
      Ratatatat commented
      Editing a comment
      What is your guess as to the percentage of NPS 1811s who lateraled from another agency vs. percentage that rose up the NPS ranks??

• hawaiitexas
      hawaiitexas commented
      Editing a comment
      Most come up through the NPS, I don't think I have met one that lateraled into NPS, though I'm sure there are some. You can detail over to NPS ISB as an "intern" and if they like you and have a spot they send you to CITP and convert you to an 1811. Also, there are a bunch of HIDTA Rangers that have been to CITP and seem to gravitate towards the 1811 jobs.
      Last edited by hawaiitexas; 08-24-2018, 05:06 PM.

I wanted to be an NPS LE Ranger at Gettysburg... but it never panned out
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Damn Yankees...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Anyone taking the State Park Peace Officer (Ranger Cadet) PAT next month?

Comment

• hawaiitexas
          hawaiitexas commented
          Editing a comment
          I would suggest posting this question in the forum for the state you are asking about, this thread is talking about Federal Rangers.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6561 users online. 278 members and 6283 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X