X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BPRIO
    started a topic Ice do (dhs only) opm-ero-10153339-mp-jal

Ice do (dhs only) opm-ero-10153339-mp-jal

Anyone apply? How was the hiring process for any former PA's switching over to DO?

• SHU
    commented on 's reply
    Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 07:11 PM.

• battlewagon
    commented on 's reply
    Someone detailed it above, and the way it reads is OFO isnt excluded or 'not qualified' since the attendance of the academies it listed wasn't a requirement. Guess it makes them 'less competitive' in theory.

Either way, can't wait to be offered Lumpkin again!!!

• SHU
    replied
    Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
    Was this the same as the last time they had a 'DHS Only' DO announcement, where it pretty only applied to BP? Said DHS only, but one of the application questions in that last announcement to qualify was completion of the Border Patrol academy, and it pretty specifically excluded OFO and their academy.

Either way, current HSI, going to throw in on the ICE only. Will give up 1811 for hometown, if possible.
    Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FNG41YR
    commented on 's reply
    @r3gul8r
    They might send you to the academy as an 11. I dont understand why they open it up to DHS, but tailor the announcement to be immigration specific. To be honest, I'd rather have a new hire fresh out of the DO academy over any BPA lateral any day of the week. Keep on keeping on. It sounds like you have a good gig with OFO anyway.

• r3gul8r
    commented on 's reply
    I appreciate your response, but after seeing your comment, I'd say OFO won't really have a shot. I just can't see a GS-11 Step * being sent to the academy. I'm sure it happens, but I think selecting No for that question will drop a lot of non-ICE/non-BP applicants down on the list.

• BPRIO
    replied
    Any idea of when we will get our exam results?

Leave a comment:

• battlewagon
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry, when I typed that I had just finished a phone call with an old BP classmate who just got his EOD date from the last one of these DHS only announcements, and we were talking about how he doesnt have to go to the DO academy. So that is what I was thinking of when I typed that, OFO is a no-go for being academy exempt. Way I typed it makes it sound like you are ineligible, which is incorrect. My apologies thanks for pointing that out for anyone else who may read it,

• r3gul8r
    commented on 's reply
    That question was in the DHS only announcement. Obviously, I selected no being in OFO, but how will that completely rule out my application? Granted, I may not fall under the best qualified vs those who have completed one of the listed academies.

• battlewagon
    commented on 's reply
    From the ICE ONLY announcement:

Have you successfully completed Basic Immigration Law Enforcement Training in accordance with 8 CFR 287.1(g) and other applicable agency policy? This includes successful completion of the Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) Basic Immigration Enforcement Training Program (BIETP); ICE Detention & Removal Operations (DRO) Basic Immigration Law Enforcement Training Program (ICE_D); the legacy Immigration Officer Basic Training Course (IOBTC); the Border Patrol Academy; the combination of both the legacy Basic Immigration Detention Enforcement Officer Training Course and the ICE DRO Equivalency Training Program (ETP); the ICE Special Agent Training Program; the combination of FLETC Criminal Investigator Training Program and the DRO Equivalency Training Program for Special Agents (ETPSA) and for legacy US Customs Special Agents, and the ICE/Customs Special Agent Cross Training Program. Due to regulatory requirements, no other training will be accepted. (Note: Completion of training is subject to verification).

If this was the same list that was in the DHS Only announcement (which it looks similar to the DHS ONLY announcement from the past), Customs is a no go (edit for being DO academy exempt. BP guys, at least in my experience and in the last one of these, can EOD with no academy.
    Last edited by battlewagon; 08-06-2018, 05:00 PM.

• battlewagon
    replied
    Was this the same as the last time they had a 'DHS Only' DO announcement, where it pretty only applied to BP? Said DHS only, but one of the application questions in that last announcement to qualify was completion of the Border Patrol academy, and it pretty specifically excluded OFO and their academy.

Either way, current HSI, going to throw in on the ICE only. Will give up 1811 for hometown, if possible.

Leave a comment:

• BPRIO
    commented on 's reply
    It was around noon my time.

• r3gul8r
    replied
    I applied. Currently an OFO K9. Still unsure if this gig is something I'd be willing to drop K9 for.

I don't know a whole bunch about the DO position, but I'll go along for the ride and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• cbp1363
    replied
    What time did the announcement go live?

Leave a comment:

• SSG_MP
    commented on 's reply
    Right, but its DHS internal, not just ICE, thats another announcement. I’m an 1801 LEO under DHS, however I do nothing immigration related, so it seems tbis is only targeting CBP.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10910 users online. 446 members and 10464 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X