300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice do (dhs only) opm-ero-10153339-mp-jal

Anyone apply? How was the hiring process for any former PA's switching over to DO?

Just applied

Comment

Already got the "all online assessments complete" email. So I wonder if this is like the HSI DH announcement, and I already did not make the first cut???

Comment

• BPRIO
        BPRIO commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the same email for the HSI CI announcement, for this one, I got the a link to the writing exam. How long after it was posted did you apply?

• SSG_MP
        SSG_MP commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m not sure what time it went live, but my application went through at about 8:30 PM EST. So either I wasnt part of the 1,000, or I wasn’t qualified based on the initia assessment. Those questions seemed to be tailored to people with immigration experience, so who knows.

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        This was an internal posting that's why it was immigration related.

• SSG_MP
        SSG_MP commented
        Editing a comment
        Right, but its DHS internal, not just ICE, thats another announcement. I’m an 1801 LEO under DHS, however I do nothing immigration related, so it seems tbis is only targeting CBP.

These announcements, IMO, should have been both for ERO only. ICE should take care of it's own before bringing on anymore BP. Just my opinion. As for the OPs question, you'll EOD and wont have a badge and gun for a couple months. Then youll have to go through some OJT to teach you how to be a DO.
      Last edited by FNG41YR; 08-04-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

What time did the announcement go live?

Comment

• BPRIO
          BPRIO commented
          Editing a comment
          It was around noon my time.

I applied. Currently an OFO K9. Still unsure if this gig is something I'd be willing to drop K9 for.

I don't know a whole bunch about the DO position, but I'll go along for the ride and see what happens.

Comment

Was this the same as the last time they had a 'DHS Only' DO announcement, where it pretty only applied to BP? Said DHS only, but one of the application questions in that last announcement to qualify was completion of the Border Patrol academy, and it pretty specifically excluded OFO and their academy.

Either way, current HSI, going to throw in on the ICE only. Will give up 1811 for hometown, if possible.
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• r3gul8r
            r3gul8r commented
            Editing a comment
            That question was in the DHS only announcement. Obviously, I selected no being in OFO, but how will that completely rule out my application? Granted, I may not fall under the best qualified vs those who have completed one of the listed academies.

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, when I typed that I had just finished a phone call with an old BP classmate who just got his EOD date from the last one of these DHS only announcements, and we were talking about how he doesnt have to go to the DO academy. So that is what I was thinking of when I typed that, OFO is a no-go for being academy exempt. Way I typed it makes it sound like you are ineligible, which is incorrect. My apologies thanks for pointing that out for anyone else who may read it,

• r3gul8r
            r3gul8r commented
            Editing a comment
            I appreciate your response, but after seeing your comment, I'd say OFO won't really have a shot. I just can't see a GS-11 Step * being sent to the academy. I'm sure it happens, but I think selecting No for that question will drop a lot of non-ICE/non-BP applicants down on the list.

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            @r3gul8r
            They might send you to the academy as an 11. I dont understand why they open it up to DHS, but tailor the announcement to be immigration specific. To be honest, I'd rather have a new hire fresh out of the DO academy over any BPA lateral any day of the week. Keep on keeping on. It sounds like you have a good gig with OFO anyway.

Any idea of when we will get our exam results?

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
            Was this the same as the last time they had a 'DHS Only' DO announcement, where it pretty only applied to BP? Said DHS only, but one of the application questions in that last announcement to qualify was completion of the Border Patrol academy, and it pretty specifically excluded OFO and their academy.

Either way, current HSI, going to throw in on the ICE only. Will give up 1811 for hometown, if possible.
            From what I read it appeared to be for current PAs, legacy INS II, HSI 1811 and Legacy USCS 1811. All of which need to be at journeyman level. OFO doesn't appear to be apart of it.

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Someone detailed it above, and the way it reads is OFO isnt excluded or 'not qualified' since the attendance of the academies it listed wasn't a requirement. Guess it makes them 'less competitive' in theory.

Either way, can't wait to be offered Lumpkin again!!!

• SHU
              SHU commented
              Editing a comment
              That is my problem as well. I want SC or NC but I hear they pretty much only give Lumpkin. And I've heard mobility away from that place takes years and years and that is something I'm not interested. I'd decline that place and stay green. But now that Vitiello is running ICE he might change things up and pull another northern border intern move and give all PAs the sweet spots first. Old Patrol style.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7882 users online. 357 members and 7525 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X