Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HHS OIG 1811 (Indianapolis, Baton Rouge)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrthodoxFed View Post
    I was referred best qualified for this as well. Never heard anything. This is my 15th + OIG position that I get best referred to and never hear anything back or get a reject letter. What does it take?
    I know how you feel. I am a current 1811 and I have applied to OIGs a dozen times with nothing. This was the first time I got called for an interview and I don't know anyone. Just keep plugging away.

Comment

OIG gigs are primo. Good work mixed with regular (mostly) office hours and weekends (mostly) free. There’s a reason that people don’t leave once they’re in. You can get paid the same and make it to little Susie’s soccer tournament. There’s nothing wrong with that. Some of the 1811 process is the luck of the draw, but, you can give yourself better odds by getting to know a few people at the agency that you want to work for.

Comment

I recently completed my interview. I'm hoping everything works out.

Comment

• Fraud Investigator
          Fraud Investigator commented
          Editing a comment
          I was contacted for an interview about one week after the first cutoff date, and then interviewed about a week later.

• RVAhiker
          RVAhiker commented
          Editing a comment
          Best of luck with that. I am waiting to hear back on the posting that just closed. As always the wait is a struggle!

• n-McDonald
          n-McDonald commented
          Editing a comment
          Was it a somewhat difficult interview? In your opinion.

• Fraud Investigator
          Fraud Investigator commented
          Editing a comment
          It was somewhat challenging, but, overall, I thought it went well.

I applied to both recent postings and was called to interview. Never recieved any updates or correspondence that I was referred / best qualified.

Comment

Each field office most likely only interviewed a handful of applicants. Maybe 4 or 5.

Comment

Anyone on here apply to the current posting that had the first cutoff date last Thursday and the final cutoff date the 24th? Looks like some of the locations overlapped between announcements. Just curious if they will hold off on referrals/interviews for the current one until offers go out for the previous announcement. Good luck to all. Seems like a great agency.

Comment

Last edited by n-McDonald ; 09-21-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Has anybody, who interviewed, heard anything back, yet?

Comment

Any updates from those who applied to the recent announcement (with the 2 separate city-off dates)? Current 1811 looking to move to a new/better agency. Best of luck all.

Comment

• 221bBaker
                    221bBaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nothing here....

Does anyone know when more positions will be opening up?

Comment

Anyone interviewed and gotten any feedback?

Comment

Nothing here.

Comment

Any updates for those who interviewed? I haven't heard anything back yet.

Comment

• BluelineUSA
                          BluelineUSA commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If you haven't heard anything by now, it is very likely that someone else was chosen. ASAC's normally make their choice the same week all interviews are complete.

First time poster here. This is my first time applying for OIG/HHS. Applied to the Philadelphia direct hire announcement, GS-7. Anyone know what the hiring process is like? Any advice would be helpful! Im a recent graduate, Summa Cum Laude, 4 years of experience in the Applied Behavior Analysis field.

Comment

i applied to the last two announcements 8/22 for Ct and 10/13 for Philly, Has anyone heard back from either? I'm currently a Police Officer and Crime Scene Investigator in a major metropolitan police dept since 2015 and i have a B.S in Crim Justice. Very interested in this job and know a 1811 who currently works there and says its a great job. I'm really hoping to NYC or Long Island field office opens soon anyone know the last time they where open?

Comment

• n-McDonald
                            n-McDonald commented
                            Editing a comment
                            There was a spot open in the NY field office back a couple of months ago, but I haven't seen any open since then. I don't know when they'll open up again.

• Abarrios14
                            Abarrios14 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            A spot just opened up in NY but it’s GS/9

• JFD516
                            JFD516 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yea, I saw it open and made sure to put in. I hope t hear something soon.

• JFD516
                            JFD516 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yea, I saw it open and made sure to put in. I hope to hear something soon.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7653 users online. 206 members and 7447 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X