Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HHS OIG 1811 (Indianapolis, Baton Rouge)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHS OIG 1811 (Indianapolis, Baton Rouge)

NORs went out. Anyone else in the hunt? Referred for both.

I am a current 1899 @ HHS OIG. There is going to be some direct hire and regular postings for 1811 coming up. Jus an FYI. Great place to be.

Comment

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard that morale is pretty high over there. Allowed to be a little more aggressive lately, at least thats what an 1811 at my local office said.

• BluelineUSA
      BluelineUSA commented
      Editing a comment
      Schwook - Morale is high. It is a very family friendly place to work and they give you good resources to do the job. HHS does has its quirks and frustrating moments. There is no perfect place to work but most agents enjoy working here and don't leave until retirement.

Got referred on Wednesday and called for an interview on Thursday. Never seen the G move that fast.

Comment

• mikedaly50
      mikedaly50 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you give me any info on the interview process? Got referred to the Houston, TX announcement. Thanks!

How long after the posting closed did you receive the NORs?

Comment

I'm having issues creating a new topic, so maybe we'll include these other locations that are looking for 7/9s: Charleston, West Virginia Long Beach, California District of Columbia, District of Columbia Pembroke Pines, Florida New York, New York Philadelphia, Pennsylvania San Juan, Puerto Rico Orange, California Kansas City, Missouri Edison, New Jersey

Comment

I wonder how many positions they have open for these direct hire announcements

Comment

I wonder how many positions they have open for these direct hire announcements

Comment

• BluelineUSA
            BluelineUSA commented
            Editing a comment
            HHS doesnt create ongoing hiring lists like the big agencies. These announcements likely have 1 or 2 openings in each city. If a city is on the announcement, there is a spot open.

• n-McDonald
            n-McDonald commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you think the bigger field offices have more spots to fill?

What physical fitness requirements does this OIG have, if any at all?

Comment

No PT standards that anyone is held to. We have an annual PT test but it is participation only.

Comment

• BluelineUSA
              BluelineUSA commented
              Editing a comment
              This is true

Mind if I ask what location you interviewed for?

Comment

Applied for BR location on most recent posting. Maybe I have misconceptions about direct hire, but why did they post direct hire announcement versus traditional? Is it a better way to vet applicants, or is it that they are hiring for specific locations?

Comment

• battlewagon
                battlewagon commented
                Editing a comment
                A direct hire bypasses vet preference and allows an agency to hire someone who is exceptionally qualified for a job, that may have not received that opportunity if a minimally-qualified vet was in the pipeline. Just one example. Vet preference, traditional ranking (NORs, etc) and other OPM regs and factors do not apply.

From what I’ve heard, SACs and ASACs have more say over which candidates they want on their team. Perhaps they want someone with some accounting experience to complete their team. They could look out for an applicant with that background.

Comment

• BluelineUSA
                BluelineUSA commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Schwook View Post
                From what I’ve heard, SACs and ASACs have more say over which candidates they want on their team. Perhaps they want someone with some accounting experience to complete their team. They could look out for an applicant with that background.
                Correct

Vets and Prior Fed/State LEOs usually beat out the competition when it comes to hiring. Atleast for HHS, the Direct hire allows for specific skills such forensic accounting and/or sometype of medical degree/license to get pushed to the forefront. Good luck to those that applied. More posting to come
              Last edited by AgentSpecial; 08-01-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• n-McDonald
                n-McDonald commented
                Editing a comment
                The direct hire announcements seem to have 2 cut off dates. Is there any particular reason as to why they have that?

• AgentSpecial
                AgentSpecial commented
                Editing a comment
                n-McDonald can I be honest and say I don’t know. That was an HQ move I believe and I am not privy to management info.
                Last edited by AgentSpecial; 07-31-2018, 10:38 AM.

• n-McDonald
                n-McDonald commented
                Editing a comment
                AgentSpecial- Do you know if they are looking to fill multiple spots in each city?

What's up with the GS-11 posting that is open to the public? Is it suppose to be for laterals or will they actually consider non-feds? I'm a state investigator with health care fraud experience so it peaked my interest.

Comment

I was referred best qualified for this as well. Never heard anything. This is my 15th + OIG position that I get best referred to and never hear anything back or get a reject letter. What does it take?

Comment

• BluelineUSA
                  BluelineUSA commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What does it take? Know someone. I know people dont want to hear that but it is what it is. I cant speak for every region within HHS, but that is what happened with the last couple of recent hirings that took place in my region; it is how I got a chance.
                  Last edited by BluelineUSA; 08-01-2018, 03:42 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8410 users online. 259 members and 8151 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X