300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about me...

I am currently enrolled at college studying Law and Justice. My goal is to join the Army national guard after graduating and then to become a police officer. I have a few tickets on my background that I am nervous about and the main two that are most recent as in 4 days before turning 21 and I am 23 now. I got an underage drinking and interfering with a police investigation ticket. I gave wrong information to a police officer unknowingly. The person I was with informed me of wrong information which I thought was the truth and told the officers. I got the ticket for that and the underage and I am completely nervous about that stopping me from becoming a police officer and really wanted clarification on that. Thanks!

I have "reckless driving" and a "speeding ticket" from high school over 4 years ago too.

Originally posted by jonese45 View Post
    I am currently enrolled at college studying Law and Justice. My goal is to join the Army national guard after graduating and then to become a police officer. I have a few tickets on my background that I am nervous about and the main two that are most recent as in 4 days before turning 21 and I am 23 now. I got an underage drinking and interfering with a police investigation ticket. I gave wrong information to a police officer unknowingly. The person I was with informed me of wrong information which I thought was the truth and told the officers. I got the ticket for that and the underage and I am completely nervous about that stopping me from becoming a police officer and really wanted clarification on that. Thanks!

I have "reckless driving" and a "speeding ticket" from high school over 4 years ago too.
    how did you “unknowingly give wrong information to a police officer”

Comment

• jonese45
      jonese45 commented
      Editing a comment
      "The person I was with informed me of wrong information which I thought was the truth and told the officers"

You won’t get hired by being a smartass. Anyway all that sounds like an automatic DQ to me. Find work elsewhere.

Comment

• jonese45
      jonese45 commented
      Editing a comment
      Was not trying to be a smart *** the answer was just in what you read that is it.

• CSUAlum
      CSUAlum commented
      Editing a comment
      not even close to an automatic DQ.

Time is your friend. Make good decisions between now and when you start applying. Show them that your mistakes were in your youth. If you put enough time in where you served your country and made good decisions I see no reason why you couldn't get hired.

Comment

I would join the active duty Army and kick *** for four years. That would erase any legal woes quicker. Plus, free college and all the babes you can imagine (results may vary).

Comment

I agree with everyone else, I know multiple LEOs that had arrests when they were in their teens/early 20's, including me for underage drinking. Just be honest, get some time between the event and your applications, and you'll be fine. I have passed multiple SSBI's with arrests from my late teens, I have held LEO positions on every level of government local, county, state, and federal.

Comment

agreed with (most of) above.. time and service will go a long way. I've had multiple investigations and security interviews and there are things in my history I used to worry about from when I was young, but they have never been an issue. Tickets during your youth often mean nothing to investigators as long as you don't have a pattern of bad behavior. Just apply, be truthful, and don't let anyone scare you away from doing what you want.

Comment

This post is no fun w/o CCCSD roasting someone, I am out.

Comment

Originally posted by jonese45 View Post

I would start with a grammar, spelling, and punctuation course. So, you got a reckless driving ticket when you were 19, and within a two year period (whether it is true or not) you got an underage drinking and interfering with a police investigation "ticket". All of this occurred within the last 5 years?

Bruh.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7659 users online. 331 members and 7328 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X