Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supposing our announcement time's out and we have to apply under schedule b or something similar, would anyone know if we have to do the whole hiring process again? I'm talking interview, medical, BI, etc.

Comment

• BPVAFED
      BPVAFED commented
      Editing a comment
      What email do you guys use to reach recruiting? I am also from this announcement and am done with everything. So getting worried with July around the corner. Would we have to apply under a new announcement in USAJOBS or is that ESH a different process?

• RVAhiker
      RVAhiker commented
      Editing a comment
      So is it the same process for Schedule B for us? That process entails attending an info session, which none are scheduled right now as far as I know.

Not sure why they cant just pick up the poor few remaining souls for our announcement and have them hang out at the office like all the others..... I have a feeling that FLETC will magically open up by summer and they will need bodies to fill seats.

• Tacotruck54
      Tacotruck54 commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I interpreted from HR is they are not gonna make any waivers or keep us 2018 applicants come July. I’m attending an info session this month to just be on the safe side to stay in the process. Here’s to another 3 years of waiting. Can’t imagine how many people are in the same boat as us, ready for hire but timing out because of COVID.

• ATG1729
      ATG1729 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're near the end and are concerned about your cert list expiring before getting picked up for a class, this concern is valid and you need to attend an info session to keep your name in the pipeline under schedule B. This information is straight from the hiring team with HQ in DC. There are some steps you MAY have to repeat, but not all. Some stuff like your medical will just need a form completed that says nothing has changed in the past year. Info sessions for Q2 of FY21 are probably all full, but start reaching out to districts via their recruiting emails to see when they may be having a session for Q3 or Q4. They can be found on the USMS public site.

• Hang in there guys... As of yesterday there are three confirmed classes this year holding 48 recruits, with a possible fourth holding 24... In the meantime, work on muscle holds... Wall sits, planks, bear crawls, frog jumps, flutter kicks, and just practice fighting too... Stay ready... If you are still waiting to get hired, you won't be looking at the academy until AT LEAST next year sorry to say...

Comment

• It's safe to say they're closing this announcement. For those of us left and trying to continue the process, has anyone had any luck finding an information session for schedule B?

Comment

• VT2k15
        VT2k15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Midwest seems to be the region for info sessions right now. (Ex. KY, OH, WI) hope this helps anyone

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Oklahoma may still be having some. Get on as many lists as you can, it's a timing and numbers game.

• Calvinist_1988
        Calvinist_1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great, thanks for the info!

• Aseyesee
        Aseyesee commented
        Editing a comment
        You will only be able to be on one district list! I suggest you choose something close to you as you will do everything in that district should you make it to the additional hiring steps!

• Anyone from this announcement still hanging in there?? Got an email stating to be on the lookout for another email from medical, assuming its to update my medical status or drug exam.

Comment

• RVAhiker
        RVAhiker commented
        Editing a comment
        Good it just wasnt me scratching my head. The announcment was supposed to hit the 3 year timeout in July 2021 but they must have converted everyone to DH? Still no email from medical. A wild guess: it is for medical/drug test/COVID vax status

• BPVAFED
        BPVAFED commented
        Editing a comment
        RVAhiker, I was also concerned about the timeout so I attended an info session in OKC not too long ago. While I was there I got an email from DUSM that I am still an active applicant with this announcement from 2018, it also gave me my timeline as far as clearing Medical, Drug, and BI. Glad we are still in the running though, good luck to you sir.

• RVAhiker
        RVAhiker commented
        Editing a comment
        That is interesting that the 2018 announcement is still alive. Guessing its DH magic. I contacted HR who basically said to attend a session because no waiver/extension was being sought due to COVID. Unfortunately I missed the sessions due to the timing. BPVAFED best of luck as well.

• I’m a 2019 Wave 2 applicant. I received the medical email last week. I had to fill out another medical 522e form. The email also had a voluntary vaccine disclosure statement in it. Hope your guys hear something soon.

Comment

• Anyone from this announcement get picked up for the January or February academy class?

Comment

• Kmiech
          Kmiech commented
          Editing a comment
          RVAhiker ah okay gotcha. Are you a vet or current LEO?

• RVAhiker
          RVAhiker commented
          Editing a comment
          Kmiech Both vet and LEO and I have a masters degree.

• Kmiech
          Kmiech commented
          Editing a comment
          RVAhiker oh nice!! Hopefully you can get in the Jan or Feb class

• RVAhiker
          RVAhiker commented
          Editing a comment
          Kmiech crossing my fingers. We shall see with this looming potential gov shutdown on Friday.

• I got offered a remote spot in Texas today. Outside of the regions I had expressed interest in. I declined

Comment

• Kmiech
          Kmiech commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably my only choice. Try to find an info session soon

• Newguy1617
          Newguy1617 commented
          Editing a comment
          Was is Del Rio, TX?

• Kmiech
          Kmiech commented
          Editing a comment
          No, alpine.

• BK4448
          BK4448 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea, Alpine is pretty out there lol.

• Anyone have any intel on upcoming Information Sessions in the Western U.S.? Trying to get my foot in the door at the moment.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Call districts on the west coast for the latest info. I’d start with San Diego. You may want to travel outside the region to find an earlier info session though.

• The information sessions I received within the last month have been in the east coast.

Comment

• Well 2018 applicants all I can say is keep the faith! This morning I got a call from a district in the Region 1 hiring region (New England) and had a "good news" (Tentative Selection) email less than two hours later. This was not the first district to contact me so dont be surprised if you get multiple calls.

Applied: 07/2018
          Referred: 10/04/2018
          Interviewed: 11/2019 (Arlington)
          TO: 2/2020
          Medical Exam Completed: 03/2020
          Drug Test Completed: 2/2020
          BI Interview: 1/2021
          Medical Update: 10/2021
          COVID Status 10/2021
          Tentative Selection: 12/2021
          FIT: TBD
          Last edited by RVAhiker; 12-08-2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Sgt0844
            Sgt0844 commented
            Editing a comment
            Last edited by Sgt0844; 05-04-2022, 02:27 PM.

• RVAhiker
            RVAhiker commented
            Editing a comment
            Sgt0844 The email said January or February.

• I received another offer today. Much better location. I accepted. Been a long journey, good luck to you all!

Comment

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks y’all! Cali

• KingCharles28
            KingCharles28 commented
            Editing a comment
            You have just given me all sorts of hope. I have been holding on this process for so long. I updated my medical along with VAX status. Checked my email and have not seen anything. Hoping to hear something though so I at least can make a decision.

• FS4Steele
            FS4Steele commented
            Editing a comment
            When will you be going to FLETC?

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            February. Less than two weeks

• Just took the FIT Test this morning, theres hope for us still waiting from this announcement. Almost 4 years now, keep those runs up brothers, I barely passed the run. Looks like all cardio for me going forward.

Comment

• FS4Steele
            FS4Steele commented
            Editing a comment
            How much notice did you receive before you had to take your fit test?

• Abaddon
            Abaddon commented
            Editing a comment
            Just curious what is the order of the fit test?

• BPVAFED
            BPVAFED commented
            Editing a comment
            FS4Steele I got an email from DUSM Exam Wednesday Jan. 26th stating to be on standby for a call regarding the FIT test, I got a call and email from a Deputy from the Field Office in my area Thursday the 24th to schedule me in. Abaddon, as far as in the process or the sequence of the exercises?

• Abaddon
            Abaddon commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry BPVAFED I should have been more clear, what were the sequence of the exercises?

• Dont think so brother, hoping for April class though.

Comment

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats man!! Been a long time for us 2018 guys

• BPVAFED
            BPVAFED commented
            Editing a comment
            Kmiech, yes brother is has been. Even the Deputy was a little surprised.

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear they are still trying to sneak some in the February class.. so be ready!

• BPVAFED Did you end up getting in the Feb class??? What was the sequence of events after your FIT??

Comment

• BPVAFED
            BPVAFED commented
            Editing a comment
            No sir, I took the FIT Test and reached out to HRD for an update at the beginning of this week. I was then told that this 2018 announcement expired with the seating of the Feb. class. Bummed me out to get to the very end and hear that, I did however attend an info session back in Aug. 2021 so they mentioned that but I have no TOL on that announcement as of now. 4 years waiting and sitting here is a bummer but we will see what takes place. I have another app in elsewhere as well that is moving along pretty fast.

• NorthLions308
            NorthLions308 commented
            Editing a comment
            That truly sucks…

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4350 users online. 265 members and 4085 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X