Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tell you what.... I do not have a good feeling about this whole locations/secondary competition thing. trying to stay positive... repeating mantras lol.

Comment

• Congrats. I wonder if they ever plan on calling us RGs or if they’ve completely forgotten about us...

Comment

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        That is strange. You would think that if you didn't have a location to choose from it would make the process a lot more simple...

• Originally posted by beauonly View Post
      That is strange. You would think that if you didn't have a location to choose from it would make the process a lot more simple...
      One would think lol

Comment

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        Saving the best for last, surely.

• NiteLite916 Del Rio, TX

Comment

• Received TOL for GL-7 from the interview last month. Anyone with VA rating could you PM me? There were some conflicting instructions on the TOL.

Comment

• FEDDI
        FEDDI commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats. Did you interview in DC?

• ls1_oklahoma
        ls1_oklahoma commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I was in Dallas.

• Hope everyone that hasn't heard anything yet is hanging in there... There are still a few weeks to go before our focus should move to the next class.

Here's to hoping.....

Comment

• Texan2050
        Texan2050 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right especially when they tell you at your FIT test “they’re trying to get you into the January class”. Just keep on waiting my friends

Also if we don’t make it to the Jan class then a couple of us will have to take the FIT again most likely
        Last edited by Texan2050; 12-11-2019, 11:54 AM.

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, my FIT expires January 30th. Not that its an issue... Just been ready to jump at a moments notice on a class date since September-October.

• Texan2050
        Texan2050 commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe you’ll get picked up for the Jan class Beauonly. Now idk about us RG. We are the red-headed step child in the family
        Last edited by Texan2050; 12-11-2019, 02:39 PM.

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        Texan2050 thanks for the vote of confidence man. I appreciate it!

As far as the RG thing goes, I wouldn't be surprised if a future class (next one?) is made up of ALL RG folks. It is no secret that the S. Court needs tons of bodies, and there are a TON of you ready to go to FLETC right now. That would make a little more sense if we take into account the way the FLETC format is changing for DUSMs in the future... USMS won't have to rely on FLETC instructors and the scheduling that takes so it will likely be easier/faster to start classes.

That being said you RGs will be in a much better spot when your shot comes since you don't have to be farmed through districts nation-wide for a secondary screening.

Either that or USMS bases its hiring procedure off of Chaos Theory or something LOL.

• Just reached out to the HR coordinator in my region about schedule b. I’m going to put in for schedule b since they seem to be getting faster results.

Comment

• Bet Wednsday
        Bet Wednsday commented
        Editing a comment
        Schedule B won't be back up until next next calendar year im told. They had 5 waves this year

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        It is a little disheartening that schedule B peeps have gotten the call already, before people in the 2018 announcements... BUT this is exactly why it starting to be used.

Clearly the old hiring process is nowhere near full efficiency, considering that there are dozens of people who applied in mid-2018 still waiting on various stages of the process. We're in the application process at a weird time for DUSM hiring, but everything happens for a reason my friends.

As far as I can tell, the January class is NOT full yet because they are still interviewing people as of yesterday. That being said, hang in there everyone... the wait is long and full of horrors.

• GarrusVakarian
        GarrusVakarian commented
        Editing a comment
        I figured that schedule would take precedent as it was the new hiring process. I'll definitely be putting in for Schedule B hiring next year when it is available.

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        How about before 2017 people as well

• Is it just me or does it seem like this past week was pretty quiet? I would’ve expected to see a lot more movement given the approach of the holidays!

Comment

• Originally posted by Texan2050 View Post
        Is it just me or does it seem like this past week was pretty quiet? I would’ve expected to see a lot more movement given the approach of the holidays!
        Its not just you... It has been dreadfully quiet in here. I find it hard to believe that only four people out of an an entire class worth of applicants are in these forums. Other threads were closer to 30-40% (assuming a ~40 person class size). If only 4 people have been confirmed for the January class on this forum that's only about 10% of the total class size (give or take). I don't know if I just can't see it happening realistically or if I am just wearing my rose colored glasses still.

I believe that they will still work to fill this class into January though because every deadline they've given us has been pretty flexible to say the least. Also, every other class has had a few late additions within 2 weeks or less of the class start date. That being said there is no reason to lose hope until either someone in the know reveals that the class is full or until week 1 or 2 of January... whichever comes first.

In any case I am sure that next week will be crunch week for HR IF they haven't already sent out all of the verbal FOs.

Comment

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          Venutis1 wow, I had no idea so many of us have gotten the call already...

• Tx21
          Tx21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well only 17 of the Schedule B guys were supposed to get selected for this January 22 class. And I think most, if not all, of those selections were current Feds or maybe even TF. If you take into consideration the timeline for Schedule B and how long it actually takes for that stuff to be completed, most of them wouldnt be ready unless they already possessed a T5, adjudication, medical clearance, etc... not to mention some of those “Schedule B” guys may have actually jumped into the process and were selected under that hiring announcement, when they already had all that stuff complete from a previous announcement like this one.

Im wave 1 in Schedule B and completed everything. Just waiting. My last contact was at the end of October and beginning of November with my BI. He said it was all good and had been sent up. That was less than 1 year turn around from the info session.

Just patiently waiting. I know guys in here have been waiting way longer.

Good luck to you all!!

• Texan2050
          Texan2050 commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn’t realize any RG guys have gotten the call yet

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          Texan2050 same here. I thought we'd all be emphatically posting the fact that we got the call LOL.

• Originally posted by Texan2050 View Post
        Didn’t realize any RG guys have gotten the call yet
        I don’t know of a single RG who has gotten the call for the Jan class.

Comment

• Venutis1
          Venutis1 commented
          Editing a comment
          futureFLEO He might be a weird case, he applied to both 2017 and 2018 RG. And HRD called him earlier this week only offering DC and he did not receive any locations emails. So that’s where the assumption came in for RG 2018, but I def could be wrong. Just trying to keep y’all in the loop from what people are saying with verbal offers

• Texan2050
          Texan2050 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for that Venutis!

• Very strange that more DC/RG people haven’t heard

Comment

• Keeping the thread (and the dream) alive...

Comment

• It’s official I have lost my mind lol

Comment

• beauonly
              beauonly commented
              Editing a comment
              For real! I kept thinking that it would get easier after every step... but it doesn't.

• cever258
              cever258 commented
              Editing a comment
              Post fit is defiantly the worst wait of em all especially when you’ve had to take the fit twice

• RicardoCrashe
              RicardoCrashe commented
              Editing a comment
              The good thing about this for me is my Tier 5 is done so now it’ll be a bit easier to go to other places

• Originally posted by cever258 View Post
            Post fit is defiantly the worst wait of em all especially when you’ve had to take the fit twice

if I don’t make this class I’m looking at my third FIT...

Comment

• HOLY CRAP! Just got the verbal offer for South Texas. Ladies and Gentlemen, I will see you all in January!

For those of you still in the lurch... hang in there! This is proof that they're still making calls!

Comment

• Roninjin
                Roninjin commented
                Editing a comment
                beauonly, just when you thought you were out, they pulled you back in.
                Congrats bro. Enjoy the time with your family man. Once you are here, focus and study hard.

• beauonly
                beauonly commented
                Editing a comment
                There is still a solid week or two for them to make more movement. There is bound to be more slots and drop outs between now and January 22.

GarrusVakarian Thanks! don't worry, I'll keep you guys updated and do my best not to fall of the face of the earth... I mean we're all going to be co-workers in a few short months at least!

Roninjin It was definitely a moment of pure happiness, feelsgoodman. I can finally say I am (going to be) living the dream and be serious for once LOL.

• Roninjin
                Roninjin commented
                Editing a comment
                @beauonly,
                When you are at your lowest point, stressing out, or just physically exhausted, just remember how hard it took for you to get here. Use that as a motivation.

Best advice that was given to me when I'm thinking about the fam while being here.

• beauonly
                beauonly commented
                Editing a comment
                Roninjin Sounds like a plan, man. Now that I dropped my 2 weeks notice I'm developing that laser focus for the next steps LOL. Looking forward to it all.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19516 users online. 502 members and 19014 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X