Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to see we finally have some movement! I just completed my UA today which I found strange considering some of the timelines I’ve been seeing on here. Here is mine:

July 2018 Announcement
    Applied - 7/2018
    Referred - 10/4/18
    Interview - 3/19/19
    TOL - 5/3/19
    Fingerprints/E-QIP - 6/26/19
    Interview with BI - 7/26/19
    Medical Pt. 1 - 8/19/19
    Medical Pt. 2 - 8/22/19
    UA - 12/3/19
    Fit - ?

Can anyone provide any insight on how long it took to hear from them after the drug test? Does anyone else have a similar timeline?
    Last edited by etalbs89; 12-03-2019, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• QuamChee
      QuamChee commented
      Editing a comment
      So we are in the same boat with the whole UA thing...hahaha I applied to the same announcement and I interviewed in Nov. of 2018... Did my fingerprints and all of that this year, completed all my medical in like Sept. or Oct., then got a random call and email to do a UA at the end of Nov. like on the 18th or 25th... Now I'm just waiting for a call to schedule a Fit...

I personally am in no rush for this because this is my second choice... I am waiting on selections for a Diversion Investigator position with the DEA right now, so if I can get selected for the DEA before I continue with everything for this, that would be ideal...hahaha

BUT, if I move forward with the USMS before DEA then that's what's meant to be...
      Last edited by QuamChee; 12-04-2019, 07:35 AM.

• QuamChee
      QuamChee commented
      Editing a comment
      Welp!!! Not getting into the Feb. academy for DEA, so now I'm hoping to get quick movement here... I told one of my buddies that I'm not counting on the USMS academy for Jan. and he said don't lose hope on it just yet... He went through the process and he said the academy that he was offered started like April 14th or something, and they called him to schedule his fit test and everything in like March, and offered him a position...

• Yesterday was definitely D-Day for verbal FOs and the last stage of movement... so I can't help but hope HR keeps it going today! Hopefully they leave a message for those of us that don't have their phones nearby LOL.

Comment

• Texan2050
      Texan2050 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m sure you’ll get yours today! Who knows when us RG will get called haha. Fingers crossed for everyone though

• For people who have gotten the call for Jan 22 class. Like other classes have done. I setup a google hangout group. If you want to join. PM me you email

Comment

• beauonly
      beauonly commented
      Editing a comment
      How many of us are there so far?

• Bet Wednsday
      Bet Wednsday commented
      Editing a comment
      Only two of us on hangouts, but there are more people who got calls

• Texan2050
      Texan2050 commented
      Editing a comment
      I imagine there are quite a few people who aren’t active on here, but got calls yesterday and today
      Last edited by Texan2050; 12-04-2019, 03:29 PM.

• beauonly
      beauonly commented
      Editing a comment
      I took my FIT test with someone who wasn't on the forum... I told them all about it too, but I suppose they're still lurking or uninterested in swimming in the waiting pool with us.

• I got a call yesterday offering me a location, and saying to expect a "next steps email". Also completed fit same day. Is that the same as a verbal FO?

Comment

• Bet Wednsday
      Bet Wednsday commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, send me pm to get link

• Texan2050
      Texan2050 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like it!

• beauonly
      beauonly commented
      Editing a comment
      So that's three, from the forums at least. What is it, one schedule B and two 2018 NW?

Either way, they don't give any hints at how the hiring pool works.... but I expect to hear more of us getting word by the end of the week.

• Got the offer yesterday following a phone interview.

Comment

• beauonly
      beauonly commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! I hope they keep the momentum going...

• Bet Wednsday
      Bet Wednsday commented
      Editing a comment
      NAVSARC81 sent you a pm if you want link to hangout chat for guys going to next academy

• Can confirm: The wait does NOT get better the longer it goes on! I think I'll just take a 10 day nap - only to be disturbed when my phone rings... which unfortunately (or fortunately?!) isn't very often LOL.

Comment

• Venutis1
      Venutis1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hang in there bro, you’ll get the call

• Bet Wednsday
      Bet Wednsday commented
      Editing a comment
      It's coming man

• Nice to see quite a bit of movement. I’m just waiting on being contacted for my BI and fit test. Hopefully, the rumors of six classes this year holds true. I don’t anticipate myself making this January class.
    Last edited by GarrusVakarian; 12-05-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Michael Scarn
      Michael Scarn commented
      Editing a comment
      The rumor is definitely true. One class started in October and one in January so there will be 4 more this fiscal year.
      Last edited by Michael Scarn; 12-05-2019, 07:29 PM.

• GarrusVakarian
      GarrusVakarian commented
      Editing a comment
      Here’s hoping to getting the call for my background to be started and making it to one of those four other classes.

• Willowandrosco
      Willowandrosco commented
      Editing a comment
      GarrusVakarian when did you submit your eqip? I’m waiting to be contacted by the BI also.

• Willowandrosco That's the weir thing. The haven’t been contacted to start my equip. I’ve emailed a few times and got the generic your still an active applicant. Interview, TO, UA, Medical. All done. I did start a BI with another DOJ entity before this announcement but ended up declining the job. I wonder if they are using what was started, but that seems to efficient. If anyone has any insights or another email than the one given in your T.O. I’m all ears and time.

Comment

• I know of a guy who had a federal tier 5 background adjuticated with another agency and then not taking the job. His background for the other agency was used for USMS and adjuticated

Comment

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        That happened for me

• GarrusVakarian
        GarrusVakarian commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe that’s what going on in my case. Thank you for the info and the little bit of extra hope. Hahaha.

• Well, just got locations email #2... amount of available locations is dwindling.....

And it specifically says this is the last chance for 2017'ers

Comment

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        RicardoCrashe sorry man

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Im not in the position to tell HR how to do their jobs, but I would think it would be easier to fill Midwest and SWB with people who already live in those areas. Granted Im a bit biased since I live in TX, but have no issue with SWB Midwest or (sigh) Alaska.

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        Levithane I feel ya man. I looked up where Ketchikan Alaska is out of curiosity... do not reccomend lol.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        beauonly It wouldn't be bad for 2-3 years, you're usually allowed to move after you pay your dues. The experience you gain from that particular state will help with getting the office you want.

• I think we're going to see a repeat of movement next week. Selections are due Monday, calls will start going out Mon-Tues. Good luck to everyone in the running.

Comment

• I finally got the “good news” email!!!! Hopefully I see y’all in January.

Comment

• CDiddy pm me and I'll give you the link to chat with your future classmates

Comment

• Good morning Waiting-nam! Today is the suspense for the 2nd locations email for the January 22nd class... If all the stars align we'll start getting calls tomorrow. A few past classes have had 3 location emails before, so it wouldn't be out of the question for this to get drawn out to the third week of December either. I hope we don't have to deal with that and we all get a call tomorrow!

Hang in there!
            Last edited by beauonly; 12-09-2019, 10:18 AM. Reason: ninja edit

Comment

• I just got the call for my location and tentative offer!!!! I’m super excited!!!! Only thing I have to do is do my fit which isn’t nothing!!! See y’all in January

Comment

• beauonly
                beauonly commented
                Editing a comment
                Heck yeah! Congrats!!!!!

• NiteLite916
                NiteLite916 commented
                Editing a comment
                What location did you get?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19476 users online. 509 members and 18967 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X