Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what class dates they are trying to get us into for this announcement we applied to? I just received my medical appt. and hoping they can use my current TS/ BI which was adjudicated 11/2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommyjd78 View Post
      Anyone know what class dates they are trying to get us into for this announcement we applied to? I just received my medical appt. and hoping they can use my current TS/ BI which was adjudicated 11/2018.
      The ongoing 2017 DUSM and the 2018 recent graduate DUSM threads both suggest that there are July and September classes scheduled. No clue how true this is, though. The eternal optimist in me hopes that they can get the process wrapped up within this fiscal year but some of those guys have been in the pipes for quite some time already... Much longer than I have.

Comment

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        It would be great if they had May, July, and September classes scheduled... There are at least a class or two full of applicants here on these forums and lord knows how many who aren't.

Like most of you, I'd drop everything right this second to get a seat this FY!

• rmm310
        rmm310 commented
        Editing a comment
        Anyone actually know the physical start dates for these classes?

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        I kept hearing rumors about a May class. I just found out they are not true. The next class is July.

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        That makes sense, though. It may be too close to say applicants from this announcement will get into the July class, but the September one may work if the process moves quickly enough. I'll have my fingers crossed for sure.

• Anyone have a clue how big these class sizes are? Seems there are many candidates in the pipeline. I cant imagine we would all be fitting into all the classes for this year.

Comment

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the magic number is about 48 persons per CITP class (mixture of different agencies most times). I couldn't say how many for the DUSM basic course though... probably however many DUSM trainees are going through CITP at the time.

• Tommyjd78
        Tommyjd78 commented
        Editing a comment
        beauonly Thanks

• RedBeardRanger
        RedBeardRanger commented
        Editing a comment
        BDUSM/CITP are not mixed currently. The push is to have the entire class be USMS. Typically these classes are double a standard CITP size.

• I just recently got lasik done. Anyone have any info on whether or not that could disqualify me? I heard Lasik was a no go but I also was told that it depends upon the outcome of the procedure.

Comment

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to get Lasik to avoid being DQ'd due to poor uncorrected vision. They will send a separate form for your eye doctor to fill out that just says the procedure was successful and you do not have limitations to do the job. As long as your procedure was a success, you'll be fine. I just had to wait 90 days post-op before I could send the form back

• Originally posted by Ethan Cipriano View Post
      I just recently got lasik done. Anyone have any info on whether or not that could disqualify me? I heard Lasik was a no go but I also was told that it depends upon the outcome of the procedure.
      Corrective Surgery "May" be disqualifying, emphasis on the may portion. If you heal fine and have no issues you won't be disqualified. If you heal poorly and experience all sorts of issues because of the surgery you will be disqualified. I had Lasik done and am still applying for schedule B. The general guideline regarding Lasik is that a 3 month recovery period is required (for majority of the Federal Agencies), USMS isn't specific but I doubt their guideline significantly varies from the others.

Comment

• Like many of you, I'm doing my best to not go insane while I'm waiting for the next leg of the marathon... I figured that I'd post my timeline so that anyone interested could compare. I also found out that a good friend of mine is an analyst with the USMS... I'll be sending them a ton of questions to see if I can get any sort of insight.

Applied: 17 JUL 2018
        NOR: 4 OCT 2018
        Structured Interview: 6 NOV 2018
        Transcripts Req: 14 FEB 2019
        Tentative Offer Letter/OSP: 28 FEB 2019
        Medical Exam: 17 April 2019
        Background: ???
        UA: 24 April 2019
        Fit: ???

Feel free to PM me if the wait gets to be too much!
        Last edited by beauonly; 04-24-2019, 02:28 PM. Reason: Updated timeline

Comment

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same scenario for me.
          Interviewed 11/2018
          TO 3/14/2019
          Medical scheduled for tomorrow 4/23/2019.
          My current TS clearance was adjudicated in 11/2018 and a colleague mentioned they should be able to use that.
          Hoping to get the UA and fit soon after but you just never know. Also its unclear which regions they intend to fill w this announcement.

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          From what I've seen the last graduate announcement (2018) was specifically for DC and PR... so maybe not those ones? Other than that, you're right... the announcement was nationwide - so that could mean anywhere. I don't mind though, I'd go anywhere to get my foot in the door as a DUSM.

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          beauonly true I will take whatever but may try to bargain a little but realize they have the final say-

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad high cholesterol doesn’t DQ.

• Quick question. Anyone have anything in their medical that was out of the normal range? I ask bc my cholesterol was about 5-10 points above the normal range a few months ago. Ive been working out more and eating better but not sure what it is now. Was just curious if they do a lipid panel and if they disqualify you for something like that.

Comment

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          My cholesterol was high. It did not DQ me.

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          Vox Populous Glad high cholesterol doesn’t DQ!

• If anyone put in for the Recent Grad Announcement, you can count on going to DC or Puerto Rico. If you can move, you are golden -- all wear the same badge. Superior Court gets a bad rap, but I know plenty of great people that work there. To me, it is pretty cool serving as the local sheriff office.

Comment

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          Any idea where the July 2018 announcement applicants would be sent potentially (regions)?

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          Think the big push for the July class is DC. Other regions will follow in the next classes based on need. I could be completely wrong, it is just my personal opinion based on the rumor mill from my buddies and what not.

• Received an email from a recruiter today that stated the southwest region is now closed. I'm trying to find out what that means exactly.
        Does it mean that no more Schedule B hiring will take place there? Some candidates in the pipeline could still go to the southwest but only from certain vacancy announcements?
        He also said that the next region that would open is the northwest. Which, I think many of us knew that but what does that mean?? Maybe once the southwest has more than enough qualified candidates in the pipeline they start filling remaining classes with northwest candidates. Totally guessing on this one. Will let you know if I hear more.

Comment

• rmm310
          rmm310 commented
          Editing a comment
          For what it’s worth, I talked to a recruiter in Houston last week. He stated that the next Schedule B hiring will be holding interviews and meet and greets in the Northwest. I take that as they are selecting regions for Schedule B and then after enough, moving on to the next region.

• rmm310 sounds good. Any idea what that means for those in the pipeline from previous announcements that didn't go the Schedule B route?

Comment

• rmm310
          rmm310 commented
          Editing a comment
          He explained it to me as all previous announcements would still be exhausted and then they would start using Schedule B. Again, a lot of us get different stories so who knows. This is just what was relayed to me

• Thats good though! Sounds like they will be putting folks through from the announcements very soon. I anticipate that we will see some folks on here getting offers for the July class.

Comment

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          If the process goes quickly I think you could be right. There being a September class makes me hope that we'll be able to at least be in training by the end of the FY and not have to wait another year.... The part that disheartens me is the fact that there are still 2017 applicants still waiting at the same point in the process as us July '18 guys/gals. All these variables are going to drive me insane, lol!

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          I totally agree about the 2017 applicants still being in the pipeline. Although many, not all, Im sure are still waiting on clearances if they didnt have one. BI alone have been taking ober a year.

• More movement on the application front! Just received the email/call for my UA - exactly a week after my medical screening. FYSA, it doesn't make the wait less excruciating though... Hang in there everyone!

Comment

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is good news. Had my medical yesterday. I get my TB read tomorrow and hope to hear something back soon for UA and fit.

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you'll hear something by the last day of the month, for sure. I had my PPD read on the 19th so only 5 days ago.

I tell you what, though, It was scary to get an email from HQ basically saying "call us, we need to talk" without knowing what was happening, LOL.

• Haha i bet

Comment

• Any speculation on when another round of TOs will be sent out for this announcement? I got a TO for the RG announcement, but I was also invited to interview on this one. Hoping I can get a TO from this announcement so I can be considered for locations other than DC.

Comment

• chipperjones
            chipperjones commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not sure, but a few weeks ago, when I got the "send your official transcripts" email. The deadline was 4/22/19 so I was hoping we would hear something by the end of the week...but TBH reading the other hiring forums, it looks like they are really focusing on the 2017 and recent grad announcements first.

• rmm310
            rmm310 commented
            Editing a comment
            I interviewed in March under this announcement and they told me about 2-3 months is when we should hear something.

• Profpride21
            Profpride21 commented
            Editing a comment
            I recently received my T/O on the 24th after waiting a month from when I sent my official transcripts. Due to the fact that a couple of other people I know also received one this week, keep hope alive because it should be coming soon! This is pertaining to NW announcement.

• Originally posted by Profpride21 View Post
          I recently received my T/O on the 24th after waiting a month from when I sent my official transcripts. Due to the fact that a couple of other people I know also received one this week, keep hope alive because it should be coming soon! This is pertaining to NW announcement.
          Good to hear TOs are rolling out. Fingers crossed they keep coming. Now I’ll be checking my email ever 2 minutes lol

Comment

• rmm310
            rmm310 commented
            Editing a comment
            Am I the only that’s a little confused about the “NW” portion? When I applied under this announcement it states nationwide, not NW.

• Profpride21
            Profpride21 commented
            Editing a comment
            rmm310 NW means nationwide. Same thing.

• Mf821
            Mf821 commented
            Editing a comment
            NW= Nation Wide

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10035 users online. 451 members and 9584 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X