300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear I posted this but...

Reached out to a local recruiter regarding schedule B hiring. He said it hasn't been implemented in our area yet which sucks since it's a large metropolitan area. Waiting for the next hiring announcement.

Comment

• ag189
      ag189 commented
      Editing a comment
      Went to a schedule B for my district. Was told as of now, its only for SoCal, AZ, NM, Texas Border and DC. They haven't decided if they will roll it out to all the districts.

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet, I am in SoCal.

• Njw85
      Njw85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ag,

They will be rolling it out to the districts. This is how the USMS will hire for now on. The USMS is hurting for bodies everywhere!!

• Redskins3
      Redskins3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also went to a schedule B in region 2 "East Coast". They advised us that they would hire for the region you applied to first then send people to other areas as needed.

• Does anyone have more info on the excepted hiring (schedule B)? Is this an expedited process by any means?

Comment

• BrainDamage8901
      BrainDamage8901 commented
      Editing a comment
      To pass on the schedule B meeting info I had. Everyone who attended officially applied through a computer after that meeting. The recruiters said they were *hoping* to put the people who applied at that meeting into an academy within "9 months".

That would imply schedule B is a priority as I bet you can gather "9 months" would be faster than nearly anyone on this website if you look at the previous hiring announcements. But as everything...take the federal government with a grain of salt.

ProTip for mental health from a guy whose applied a lot in the federal government; keep your resume polished. Check USAJobs regularly. But once you hit "submit" put it out of your mind as nothing more than a "well it would be nice if they call back but I don't expect them too" while continuing on with your life. And keep saying that same phrase to yourself even if they come back for an interview, BI, Fitness test etc. Your brain will thank me.

• BrainDamage8901
      BrainDamage8901 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh and to paraphrase as literally as I can: Schedule B is for border districts and DC only right now. You stay in the district (but not necessarily the field office) you applied out of. Rolling out Nationwide maybe to follow later. Applications for schedule B should be quarterly through the district recruiters. Start bench pressing and running and the academy fitness is no joke, especially compared to UPTP or some of the other FLETC programs. They have 4 classes approved for the first half of 2019 and hopefully 4+ for the latter. 2019 and 2020 should be a big push to get people in due to retirements and catch up for the last 5+ years of lower hiring.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the excellent info BrainDamage. So its safe to assume they are doing Schedule B hiring for areas they need people. You think they'll still post job announcements on USAJOBS for other areas? Oh and Merry Christmas everyone!

• Venutis1
      Venutis1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I spoke directly with a couple recruiters and other applicants. They will be pulling from the announcements first. My recruiter told me there would be no need to apply through schedule B as I had already done the interview in the first round for this announcement and my process would be faster. So if you’ve already applied under this announcement or an earlier one and you’ve interviewed you’re good. Don’t worry about someone from sched B passing you up bc only a few districts are using it anyways.

• Thank you for your response sir! And merry Xmas to all!

I attended one in Los Angeles, didn’t apply through a computer but rather a three page printout that they handed to us. They didn’t tell us anything regarding a time frame, and I don’t know what the next step would be. They kind of hinted that it would be an interview but some people were saying an assessment. Hopefully we can go straight to interviews. They did tell us that areas that were in high need of deputies are SoCal and AZ.
    If you guys attended the info session, how did you prepare and send your resume.
    Thanks in advance

Comment

• Keep in mind, this is the first time the U.S. Marshal Service is using this hiring authority. Therefore, it is imperative you take proactive measures to clearly identify your eligibility. For example, to apply as a GL-07 you must have:

At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GL*05 or GS*05 grade level related to the work of a Deputy US Marshal that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.

Examples of qualifying experience include but are not limited to:

- dealing tactfully with associates, subordinates, the public, and prisoners;

- planning and carrying out criminal investigations such as making arrests, serving court orders, using firearms, and dealing with uncooperative people;

- utilizing knowledge of the law and court precedents as they relate to search and seizure matters;

- preparing reports on actions taken during the execution of civil and criminal processes; and,

- executing warrants by locating wanted persons through conventional sources.

OR

Superior Academic Achievement (SAA): SAA at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying for the GL-7 (OR GS-07) grade level. To qualify for SAA, you must have completed all requirements for a bachelor's degree related to a field in law enforcement or other related fields such as Criminal Justice, Sociology, etc. that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work, and meet ONE of the following:

1. A grade point average of "B" (a GPA of 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0) for all completed undergraduate courses, or those completed in the last two years of undergraduate study.

2. A grade point average of "B+" (a GPA of 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0) for all courses in your major field of study, or those courses in your major completed in the last two years of undergraduate study. *Grade point averages are to be rounded to one decimal place. For example, 2.95 will round to 3.0 and 2.94 will round to 2.9.

3. Rank in the upper one-third of your class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.

Further, keep in mind, assessments will measure:

- Accountability
      - Attention to Detail
      - Flexibility
      - Integrity/Honesty
      - Interpersonal Skills
      - Oral Communication

The application process will involve three (3) separate evaluations: 1. Minimum Qualifications Review (Informational Session)
      2. Online Assessment Battery
      3. Structured Interview (Maybe at the local level with a DRO)

Comment

• cbp1363
        cbp1363 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, by any chance do you know when the next academy will be?

• Mf821
        Mf821 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cbp1363, the academy is shut down as part of the partial government shutdown which shifts everything. So until the shutdown is over I doubt usms hr can even say.

• cbp1363
        cbp1363 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes,I should of been more clear. I do realize FLETC is closed during government shut downs. Hopefully everything gets resolved and people starting getting calls soon.

• Lay_Tactical
        Lay_Tactical commented
        Editing a comment
        cbp1363
        FLETC isn't closed for all agencies because I have two finds there right now and still training.

• The government shutdown will likely affect that.

Comment

• Anyone hear/expect anymore interviews from this announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lay_Tactical View Post
          cbp1363
          FLETC isn't closed for all agencies because I have two finds there right now and still training.
          I had a training scheduled to start next week (Jan 7) and just got the email FLETC is in-fact closed due to lapse in funding. We are all non homeland agencies but the reality is its their playground and their funding that keeps the classrooms open and instructors teaching.

Comment

• Figured I would chime is FLETC is open I am here currently training. Several agencies have been granted an exception to continue training (DOJ, DHS, and DOD), it’s not a one size fits all type of approach. Both of the current marshals classes are on track to graduate on time.

Comment

• Good morning/afternoon all. First off, I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday season. Second, for those of you who are already Marshals or at FLETC for the Marshals, can you share some insight on how they will inform you on wether or not you passed the interview and what the average time frame for finding out is? Thanks in advance and hope everyone is going well.

Comment

• B O Double
                B O Double commented
                Editing a comment
                Vox Populous: at the end of the hiring process, is it true that the USMS won’t move or likely notify an applicant until the clearance is granted/issued & adjudicated?

• Vox Populous
                Vox Populous commented
                Editing a comment
                You will not move forward in the hiring process until your BI has been positively adjudicated

• CamTwin2017
                CamTwin2017 commented
                Editing a comment
                There were some classmates in my class that did not have BI adjudicated when they got here. So you can be offered the job w out it being adjudicated.

• B O Double
                B O Double commented
                Editing a comment
                Cam: awesome! Thanks for the info. When were the next scheduled academies?
                I understand the shutdown may have changed things but I’ll take it with a grain of salt.

• Has anyone started a thread for Schedule B specifically?

Comment

• Redskins3
                Redskins3 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have not located one if this is the case.

• Has anyone heard anything from this posting??? I interviewed back in Nov. (Just like a bunch of you) but have heard nothing since... I reached out to HR to see if I passed the interview and they said that I am still an active applicant and that they can't share the results of my interview... Has anyone else heard anything more???

Comment

• ChiGuy1980
                ChiGuy1980 commented
                Editing a comment
                What number did you call?

• Captain_Jack
                Captain_Jack commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm in the same boat as you. I interviewed November 2nd. Felt like I did well but, haven't heard anything since. They did say at the interview, that it would take 4 - 6 months for a response. Hopefully, we hear something in March. Or before the summer. If not, I did attend the "information session" held in the San Diego field office. Hopefully, the schedule B hiring thing moves forward. I just emailed USMS.RECRUITMENT@DOJ.GOV about the status of my application regarding this hiring announcment. I'll let you know if I get any new information.

• They responded fairly quickly. The email said:

"At this time you are still an active applicant. We cannot disclose the results of your interview. The hiring process typically takes 9 months or longer. Thank you for your patience."

So standby... To standby.

Hopefully the next email will be a TO. If not though, good luck to the rest of you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5937 users online. 221 members and 5716 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X