300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2018 USMS Announcement# CK10250620BD

For those of you who are not already in the process with the USMS, job was posted this morning. May the odds be ever in your favor!

I wish I was able to apply for this an announcement. Local law Enforcement and college graduate..

Comment

• Gollywompas
      Gollywompas commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully the new schedule B opens some doors for you. I spoke to the chief deputy in my district today and he says HQ is working it now. The idea is to get the right guys with the right experience in the seat, so I'd reach out the Marshals in your area and start making relationships. I foresee a lot of openings going to Local Task Force types so if your agency contributes to a Marshals TF, that may get your foot in the door.

• DB9173
      DB9173 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did my internship with the Marshals in college. A lot of them move districts recently.. Plus it was a small office.

I applied. Taking assessment later on today

Comment

Originally posted by Gollywompas View Post
      For those of you who are not already in the process with the USMS, job was posted this morning. May the odds be ever in your favor!
      Good looking out Golly. I would've missed it!

Comment

• Gollywompas
        Gollywompas commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to help!

Anyone have luck taking assessment? When I click the link, it says I am not authorized to access the resources.

Comment

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        Schwook....is that you Shocktroop?

• my93rx7tt
        my93rx7tt commented
        Editing a comment
        I got it squared away.

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got a little excited, put in for it, sat around debating whether or not to do the assessment. I have a bit on my plate at the moment, so I decided last night not to do it and try the next go around. This morning I got an email stating the obvious, saying I did not do the assessment. The email said I have until 7/20 to complete the assessment now.*I saw USAJOBS the announcement is open until 7/18 now.

• Schwook
        Schwook commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell no. That guy's an ***.

Took the test. I feel like I’m in every process right now.

Comment

• Gollywompas
        Gollywompas commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the hunt! The Marshals is the only one I really want, but I can't afford to put all my eggs in one basket, come April, I will be jobless. So yeah, that resume is just about everywhere lol.

• Army_Cyber
        Army_Cyber commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! Same for me. At this rate I will be an expert by the end of this for every known entrance exam in the Federal government...

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol ditto.

• Schwook
        Schwook commented
        Editing a comment
        Over the last 2 years I've applied to 70 openings. 10 of which after I earned my degree. That degree really opens doors. I feel like a professional test taker and USAJOBS expert (like Army_Cyber said)!

I applied as well. I applied to the one last year and missed the assessment email in my spam folder. Not this time though, got all that stuff done right away.

Comment

Wahoo, another announcement to say my degree does not count as the ones listed.

Comment

First time poster here but I am unable to find the answer of my question through research.

When would potential duty stations be offered? With the NOR from the assessment? Or after the interview with a TO? Just curious, open to anywhere in the U.S for this job so not too worried about it regardless

Comment

• CSUAlum
            CSUAlum commented
            Editing a comment
            So I don’t know if it’s consistent, but for me there was a wish list sent prior to the interview.

• B O Double
            B O Double commented
            Editing a comment
            Not until the final offer.

• Willy Wigglesworth
            Willy Wigglesworth commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m between drug test and pt test now from 2016 announcement.... no locations discussed, most likely not until final offer... at least for me

• Bandido
            Bandido commented
            Editing a comment
            Willy, have you received confirmation you are still eligible being a 2016 announcement applicant? Only ask because I know 2 people in that announcement who had to be hired by the July class or else their certificate expired.

I applied for the recent graduate listing and interviewed in April. I was under the impression that the assessments were good for a year. I suppose I may have to fly to DC again to interview too.
          Last edited by ROGUE SEVEN; 07-19-2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Schwook
            Schwook commented
            Editing a comment
            This aspect is a little insane.

• SSG_MP
            SSG_MP commented
            Editing a comment
            I also took the assessment for the Recent Grad announcement, although was found ineligible because my degree date was off by like three days. However, I thought the assessment was good for a year, why do we have to do it again? Does that mean we failed the last one?

• ROGUE SEVEN
            ROGUE SEVEN commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm under the impression that if you passed the assessment then you were given an interview which was my case. I interviewed and April.

• Mf821
            Mf821 commented
            Editing a comment
            In this announcement it stated even if you had done the assessment within the past year you still had to do it again. Not sure why as it really is the same assessment.

Rogue I am in the same boat as you. I applied to this opening as a current fed LEO, and the recent graduate as a 37 year old recent graduate LOL! The assessment link is working for me, I have sent an email to the help desk asking the same question as you, and why my link isn't working, if I get a response I'll let you know.

Comment

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            I missed the recent graduate announcement, but those locations they offered were not good for me anyway. Here's to finally getting into the Marshal service.

• Schwook
            Schwook commented
            Editing a comment
            No relocation expenses to PR? Screw that.

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope no relocation as a new hire.

What a weird assessment. How would they even grade that thing? Well, aside from the grammar/writing portion.

Comment

• cmor5150
            cmor5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            What was the writing portion like?

Just be aware that the probability is very high that anyone hired will be going to either the southwest border districts, DC or Puerto Rico. They are deemed crucial districts that need staffing

Comment

• m.p.c
            m.p.c commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't say zero chance, but those areas are priority right now. The one nice thing about the USMS in comparison to other Fed agencies is that they will tell you where you would be assigned before entering the academy

• mtl1987
            mtl1987 commented
            Editing a comment
            What about the North East part of the country? Not that I would mind the South West but being from PA it's be kinda nice to be close to home/family.

• raptor170
            raptor170 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been told by a pretty reliable source (USMS employee) that this announcement is to fill multiple offices within the United States, including interior and rural areas. Keeping my fingers crossed that we have options as to where we go....

• mtl1987
            mtl1987 commented
            Editing a comment
            raptor that is awesome to hear, I mean I'd go just about anywhere with the marshals to get the job but it would be nice to have some options or input on the location.

Anyone have any problems doing the assessment on a MAC? It keeps telling me I do not meet the basic system requirements, and I am 100% sure I have the cookies and flash enabled, as well as the proper browsers (I think lol).

Comment

SSG_MP I did my assessment on a MAC . However I used the Crome for MAC browser . If you haven’t I would try using Crome or an alternate browser to Safari. I hope this helps.

Comment

• Schwook
              Schwook commented
              Editing a comment
              Used Chrome too. Worked well.

• SSG_MP
              SSG_MP commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks guys, I got it working on Chrome.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9677 users online. 407 members and 9270 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X