300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Law Enforcement Vision Requirements

Are there any federal law enforcement agencies that don't have uncorrected vision requirements? My uncorrected vision is worse than 20/500.

Thanks in advance.

Other than mission support positions where accommodations are made in a controlled environment to ensure the safety of the occupants, I am not aware of any federal law enforcement agency which employs the legally blind.
    “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

Hanlon's razor

Comment

I had terrible uncorrected vision and had to have LASIK to qualify for local LEO positions. I have never seen an 1811 spot that did not have corrected vision requirements.

On the the positive side, it’s been almost 10 years and my correction is holding at 20/20. I would go for it again in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
        Other than mission support positions where accommodations are made in a controlled environment to ensure the safety of the occupants, I am not aware of any federal law enforcement agency which employs the legally blind.
        My corrected vision is fine. It's my uncorrected vision that's worse than 20/500, and I've worked for a couple of sheriff's departments. Legally blind is defined as having corrected vision that is worse than 20/200.

None of the local LEO positions I applied for cared about my uncorrected vision. I know that NCIS doesn't have an uncorrected vision requirement. I was hoping to find others.
        Last edited by Lady_Corrections; 07-17-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...on-series-1811

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...e-series-0083/

These are the minimum standards all agencies must go by
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
            Thanks, but those are vague, common sense requirements with no specifics on vision. NCIS requires 20/20 corrected vision and does not care about uncorrected vision. Other agencies do care about uncorrected vision. Corrected vision means how well you see with glasses or contacts; uncorrected vision means how well you see without glasses or contacts. I'll ask the forum that knew about NCIS or just go through the agencies one-by-one.
            Last edited by Lady_Corrections; 07-17-2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Those are the minimum requirements set forth by OPM that all agencies must follow. An agency can only make a requirement that the test must meet those standards or use a test that is more stringent.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                Those are the minimum requirements set forth by OPM that all agencies must follow. An agency can only make a requirement that the test must meet those standards or use a test that is more stringent.
                I meet those minimum requirements. I'm looking for agencies that don't go above those minimum requirements by setting standards for uncorrected vision.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8167 users online. 409 members and 7758 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X