300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about PD Medical

Hello, I had a quick question regarding Medical Testing for Police Departments.

I am able to pass the powertest, (weights, situps, snr, running, etc.), but have had surgery on my knee in the past, (and currently have screws in my right knee that were left in after the surgery).

I have no problems running long distances, jumping, sprinting, etc. and would be able to peform the physical duties that the profession required.

Since I would be able to pass the physical testing, would I be DQ'd later on in the process because of my knee, even though I am able to pass the Powertest? I'm in great shape and work out regularly, but wanted to know if this would hinder me later on in the PD testing process. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by glockil; 04-12-2007, 12:25 AM.

This isn't actually a medical thread, It's much more of a fitness testing thing.

After toying with a program for 3 years, my agency started getting serious about testing 2 years ago. What it accomplished was to encourage retirement eligible desk jockies to leave, and made room for growth within the agency. It's a good thing... Provided you can pass...
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I should reword my question. I'm 26, workout regularly, and am able to pass the powertest without any problems. My question is will a previous surgery (that required me to have screws in me knee to heal properly), Disqualify me from employment as a LEO, even if I am physically able to perform all of the job requirements?

Comment

As long as you can successfully complete the testing, there shuold be no problem. I can't see anyone discriminating against you for a prior injury that required surgery, and has healed completely.

I don't think you have a problem.
        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Great! Thanks for the info.

Comment

PD Medical

Prior surgery is not an automatic DQ. As long as you can pass all the required physical tests, (agility etc) and the medical exam, you should have no problems. In other words, Go for it!! Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5544 users online. 349 members and 5195 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X