300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying While Pregnant

I was hoping there was a female (or male) on the forums with knowledge in this topic.

I am currently a FLEO and on light duty for the duration of my pregnancy( 2 more months). I will then be out on leave for 3 months before returning to work.

I applied to the ICE 1811 job today, and although I know the baby will be here before I would even get called I still had concerns about the hiring process. I know they cannot discriminate against me, however its pretty obvious I am pregnant.

I suppose my question is if they will be open to me rescheduling certain steps of the process due to pregnancy (ie, DR apt, giving birth, recovering from birth for a few weeks)? Im clearly not driving hours to take a test if i'm within a few days of my due date.

Any advice appreciated.

They don’t have to accommodate you. You aren’t an employee, nor are disabled. Why don’t you wait until the baby is born and thriving..?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by NY8739JR View Post
      I was hoping there was a female (or male) on the forums with knowledge in this topic.

I am currently a FLEO and on light duty for the duration of my pregnancy( 2 more months). I will then be out on leave for 3 months before returning to work.

I applied to the ICE 1811 job today, and although I know the baby will be here before I would even get called I still had concerns about the hiring process. I know they cannot discriminate against me, however its pretty obvious I am pregnant.

I suppose my question is if they will be open to me rescheduling certain steps of the process due to pregnancy (ie, DR apt, giving birth, recovering from birth for a few weeks)? Im clearly not driving hours to take a test if i'm within a few days of my due date.

Any advice appreciated.
      I would be more concerned with them saying you are not 'fit for duty'. If they call you for your physical, they may say take the date or leave it. And of course if pregnant, you would be not fit for duty. I don't know anything about disability act or EEO or anything of that world, but does being pregnant even qualify under the 'reasonable accommodation'?
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6625 users online. 255 members and 6370 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X