X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lpranger467
    started a topic MMPI question

MMPI question

Been over 20 years since I've taken (and passed) the test and now I have to take the test again for another agency. I recall a question about if you feel like "smashing things sometimes". I honestly dont recall how I answered before (it was over 20 yrs ago). I'm very even keeled but I'm wondering if being on the job for so long will skew how I answer (in a bad way).
    Last edited by lpranger467; 06-25-2018, 08:05 PM. Reason: Edit-wording

• Ratatatat
    replied
    RE: Fire. I recall once having to explain that yes, I am fascinated by fire, and how I can sit by a campfire for hours just staring at it.

RE: is your stool black and tarry. Don't remember that from the MMPI exam. Oily discharge? Now that's a different story....

RE: if 20 years in LE will skew the determination (because sometimes you feel like smashing things). Now that's an interesting question. To ask it another way- what if 20 years has made me crazy??

Here's my take on the MMPI: it mostly weeds out people who either aren't able to mask their issues, or their issues are too large to be masked.

I also think, based on my experience, is the kooks on the job now were kooks fifteen, twenty years ago. The job didn't change them. They've always been *touched*.

(Insider note: these types often move up the ranks quickly because agencies don't know what to do with them except get them off the front lines. That's when the fun really begins.)

Leave a comment:

• Jim1648
    replied
    Are you fascinated by fire?

Do you like tall women?

Is your stool black and tarry looking?

Blah, blah, blah.

Leave a comment:

• lpranger467
    commented on 's reply
    your probably right, were wired to read into everything

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    And the questions are designed to see if you studied for them.

Answer the questions honestly

You will most likely "fail" the test as most EXPERIENCED LEO''s do...................you will then have an interview with the psychologist and work out the problems

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8623 users online. 383 members and 8240 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X