300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Marshal Detention Officer's

Anyone have any information on dentention officers for the marshal's service? Any help greatly appreciated.

They are basically CO's for the Fed Courthouses prison cells. They assist in transporting occasionally, some become deputies not sure how many. The pay is ok, start at 34K. I was intern with the USMS and knew some of the DEO's, they seemed to like their jobs but like the rest of us most hoped it led them to something better. I see postings for USMS DEO's on OPM occasionally but not often. Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for the info, do you know what they are classified as? Are they allowed to carry under hr 218? Thanks again!

Comment

Bad Info due to mis-reading the question......
        Last edited by Bearcat357; 04-14-2007, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357
          It's a 0082 position .....and I they do get to carry under HR 218......

For the record, the USMS isn't hiring for 0082 positions right now unless:

Are completing an authorized Cooperative Education Program with the Marshals Service through an accredited College or University;

-- Are on the register for eligible candidates on the basis of taking the Deputy U.S. Marshals exam.

Effective October 31, 2006, the U.S. Marshals Service will no longer accept requests to take the Deputy U.S. Marshal examination.

http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/index.html

This is incorrect, they are 1802's and do not carry weapons. They do open up this job to the public unlike the deputy position the above is quoting from the website. That info is only in regards to the hiring of deputies.

Comment

And the winner is.......GB0610. He is correct in regards to the position.

Comment

Originally posted by tua
              This is incorrect, they are 1802's and do not carry weapons. They do open up this job to the public unlike the deputy position the above is quoting from the website. That info is only in regards to the hiring of deputies.
              My mistake....I thought he was talking about DUSM.....and not the DEO job.....

If you note the link....that's what I posted....DUSM info...

Comment

Originally posted by GB0610
                Man, bad info after bad info.

You are both wrong on one level or another.

Yes, they are 1802 series. But yes, they DO carry weapons on duty. And yes, they do hire from the public for specific locations with hiring needs. Just keep checking USAJOBS. AND.....they are hiring right now for the 0082 Deputy position outside of the CO-OP and military testing. You had to be recruited out of a geographic area in need (there were 12).

My bad.....I thought he was talking about DUSMs....Not sure how I read that wrong as I when I re-read it, I knew exactly what it was talking about.....

Sorry about that.

And there are NO listings for 0082 positions on USAJOBs....I just checked.....

All of the last hires were from Military and CO-OP......at least around here.....

Comment

Originally posted by GB0610
                  Man, bad info after bad info.

You are both wrong on one level or another.

Yes, they are 1802 series. But yes, they DO carry weapons on duty. And yes, they do hire from the public for specific locations with hiring needs. Just keep checking USAJOBS. AND.....they are hiring right now for the 0082 Deputy position outside of the CO-OP and military testing. You had to be recruited out of a geographic area in need (there were 12).
                  I never saw a DEO carry weapon, but you sound like you know more than I do.

Comment

Thanks again for the info guys. I wish they had something about them on their website to.

Comment

GB0610,

What should I be searching under in usajobs? I've tried under the class series number that only gave a boat load of tso positions.

Comment

THE 082 positions werent advertised. It was word of mouth.Interviews start next week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6342 users online. 377 members and 5965 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X