300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLETC CITP: Mat Sessions?

Anybody that's been through CITP, what are the "mat sessions" that I hear people talk about? Is it calisthenics? Boxing? Grappling? Something else?

On another note, are there any unarmed tactics taught there? BJJ, Boxing, Wrestling.. etc etc.

Its a mixed bag of defensive tactics, stand up fighting, ground fighting, weapons control, cuffing ect. Can't really put a particular style to it like BJJ, but basically if it works in a fight you will likely see the basics. I always said they teach you just enough to get your butt kicked but survive. Most importantly, if someone has never been in a real fight, some of the situations are about as close as you can get, pads or not, a punch to the face from a grown man still hurts. This can be a powerful wake up call, especially for those smaller in stature, who finally realize their chosen profession may land them in a fight with someone much bigger. Lastly, you will have the fight for your life event, it sucks, but I won't ruin the surprise and rob you of training value.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollywompas View Post
      Its a mixed bag of defensive tactics, stand up fighting, ground fighting, weapons control, cuffing ect. Can't really put a particular style to it like BJJ, but basically if it works in a fight you will likely see the basics. I always said they teach you just enough to get your butt kicked but survive. Most importantly, if someone has never been in a real fight, some of the situations are about as close as you can get, pads or not, a punch to the face from a grown man still hurts. This can be a powerful wake up call, especially for those smaller in stature, who finally realize their chosen profession may land them in a fight with someone much bigger. Lastly, you will have the fight for your life event, it sucks, but I won't ruin the surprise and rob you of training value.
      Really appreciate the reply. That sounds like a lot of fun! I was curious because I've been doing BJJ for the past 5 or so years, was wondering if I'd have a chance to use it at all.. but from what you told me, seems like I may have some limited opportunity for it to be useful. Not used to taking a punch like that, but sounds good!

Fight for your life event sounds.... eventful hahaha

Comment

• OCN_1
        OCN_1 commented
        Editing a comment
        You’ll see some similarities with what you practice, but CT sessions are pretty cut and dry with what they want/expect. Enjoyable for sure though, and fight for your life was pretty fun as well

• 1811hunter
        1811hunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome! Can't believe they'll pay you to learn that stuff.

• J2H
        J2H commented
        Editing a comment
        It's very basic...

• 1811hunter
        1811hunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Still would be enjoyable for me.. haha.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5940 users online. 243 members and 5697 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X