Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice investigator (opm-inv-10227802-dh-aja)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would think so especially if it less than 10 yrs

Comment

• Originally posted by Glock... View Post
      Does anyone know if a DWI conviction will disqualify me?
      Real talk...It may not be by policy, but if there’s a candidate with “similar” qualifications and no DUI...he/she is probably a safer “bet”. HOWEVER, you don’t win unless you play so go for it and see what happens. They can only say no.

Comment

• As in FYI, we lost 5 guys to the new PT requirement for various reasons.

I generally run the 1.5 mile under 12 minutes. The combination of Georgia summer weather (100+), mandatory warm-up and events leading up to the run pushed my time back into the low 13's. Anyone on the bubble, may want to put in work now before you go. The times and requirements are misleading, it's tougher than it seems.

A class behind us had a guy pass out running, and another get injured. They are actively working to drop people if you don't meet the requirements.

Comment

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          If you lost people because of that pathetically weak pt standard then ....good. Those 5 took the slots of others that actually wanted the job. The only thing you can really control prior to going to FLETC is your fitness
          No excuse for showing up and failing out due to pt.

• Myst
          Myst commented
          Editing a comment
          What do you mean "new" PT requirement/misleading?

Is it not the following standard anymore?

Situps - 32 (1min)
          220 yard sprint - 47.7 seconds.
          Pushups - 22 (1min)
          1.5 mile run - 14:25

• Lars2017
          Lars2017 commented
          Editing a comment
          PT standard, as in the one that was implemented approximately 4 months ago. Which was not a requirement to graduate previously.

• Actually quite the opposite. Alot of those guys except 1, were in good shape. All of them passed the 1st exam no problem. Then the brutal summer came and wiped them out either due to injury from practical exercises, or injury during the exam itself.

Each one of those guys had a wealth of experience, several special skills including a SAUSA, Tech and decades of detective work. Just because they couldn't pass a test doesn't make them **** bags. If anything I'd rather have one of them work with me than someone with an attitude, but can fly on the 1.5 Mile.

Comment

• What percentile is required at FLETC now for PT ?
          Last edited by Black Ops; 07-08-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Is there anybody on this thread that applied to the “Female Only” ICE announcement?

Comment

• mizzsix
              mizzsix commented
              Editing a comment
              I did. Haven't heard anything yet

• ht2121
              ht2121 commented
              Editing a comment
              no word yet.

• mercede_morga
              mercede_morga commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope nothing yet.

• stempienc14
              stempienc14 commented
              Editing a comment
              have ya'll heard anything yet?

• Comment deleted.
            Last edited by chipsamoy25; 07-12-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Schwook
              Schwook commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope. I only took it a week ago though.

• For everyone waiting on test scores... I contacted SA recruitment about when the written test scores might be released and received an email back basically stating that scores will be released in mid August after the testing period is over and everyone has tested. So looks like we will be on pins and needles for at least another month.

Comment

• I tested today. The exam itself was nothing to terribly challenging. My test crashed during the first section, but my proctor was able to get it back up and running. In the math section my test would crash after every answer I submitted. My proctor would restart the test for me after each question, so that I could complete the exam. During the math section I also received a pop up that stated my time had expired on the logical reasoning section, which I had already completed. I contacted my test proctor at each glitch, and she stated she had never seen a test act that way before. When I finally finished, it appeared as though all of my answers had been recorded, but I guess we will find out.

Good luck to all, and hopefully your testing experience is better than mine was!

Comment

• Army_Cyber
                Army_Cyber commented
                Editing a comment
                Holy crap that sounds like a nightmare. Especially during the math section which is arguably, for most applicants, the challenging section of the test. Good on you for sticking through and completing it. I think you would have grounds to challenge a failure due to the horrible exam conditions, I would think your assessment center would back you up on that. I hope it actually recorded your answers! Good luck to you too, looks like we will find out in August.

• Moose225
                Moose225 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah it was pretty infuriating. I made a note of all the issues on the exit survey and such, and my assessment center stated that they were going to call the testing company after my exam. She was under the assumption that because it was able to be reopened at the spot where it left off (again, every single question), that there was no need to reschedule the exam for a later date. Regardless, it was less than ideal. I dont think my score was necessarily impacted by the disruptions, Im just hoping that all of my answers were actually recorded correctly, and that my test can be graded in the correct way.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                ShockTroopDevilDog commented
                Editing a comment
                aside for the obvious mishap, any suggestions for those that have the test coming up?

• Any word or knowledge on whether current TS/SCI holders, and those of us with favorable polygraphs from other federal agencies will be able to get a waiver for the new HSI poly? Similar to the CBP? ICE/HSI falls under DHS like CBP, I wonder if they will offer polygraph waivers like the BPA/CBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Army_Cyber View Post
                Any word or knowledge on whether current TS/SCI holders, and those of us with favorable polygraphs from other federal agencies will be able to get a waiver for the new HSI poly? Similar to the CBP? ICE/HSI falls under DHS like CBP, I wonder if they will offer polygraph waivers like the BPA/CBP.
                One of the application questions was if you have ever received a favorable adjudication on a federal polygraph, so it would seem like they are creating an exception in there. Hopefully so.
                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                  Editing a comment
                  FNG41YR before jumping to state "facts". Please go read the directive and read the footnotes. Attention to detail is paramount for someone applying to be a Special Agent.

"ICE employees applying for GS-180I or GS-1811 law enforcement officer positions are not subject to the
                  requirements of this Directive."

I thoroughly enjoyed that little jab at the end "as you aren't either". Thank you for being aware of my employment status.
                  Last edited by ShockTroopDevilDog; 07-18-2018, 11:44 AM.

• FNG41YR
                  FNG41YR commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I stand corrected I read the actual directive and you are correct. Everyone should have to do the poly. So some MSS, ERA or whatever HSI calls their equivalent are poly exempt ridiculous.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                  Editing a comment
                  FNG41YR why do you say that? (Im not mss or whatever else you refer to) if someone takes the poly and is an ICE employee and fails then they are now subject to termination based on a subjective exam... that wouldn’t be ridiculous to you?

• FNG41YR
                  FNG41YR commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Shocktroop my mss era comment wasnt directed to you.

• Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                  Editing a comment
                  lmao this is the truest thing i have ever seen

• AgentSpecial
                  AgentSpecial commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lmao, I just took it and yeah that’s how I feel.

• That math. oof. Ran out of time
                ATF IOI Applicant
                Apply May 2017
                Panel Interview August 2017
                Fedex Package September 2017
                SF86 E-QIP September 2017
                E-QIP sent October 2017
                ATF BI agent contact for SF86 add info. October 2017
                Sit-down, BI investigation 10/28/2017. Adjudication?
                Applicant Disclosure Form February 2018

DEA DI Applicant
                Apply March 2017
                Phase 3 exam taken September 2017. Passed
                interview for November 2017.
                Accepted COE Jan 2018.Medical in March

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                  Editing a comment
                  how many did you leave unanswered

• zenryoman
                  zenryoman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Na, I answered them but I guessed on about 5.

• After receiving an email saying I was not being considered, I received another email today saying that my application was received and complete, no further action required. Haha OPM playing games on a Sunday, I think today’s was a mistake, funny though.

Comment

• Indians56
                  Indians56 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, you were an MP AKA "enemy of my people." and the cause of many young Marines/Sailors/Soldiers/Airman headache. So I'm not sorry.....Just kidding dude, BIA has an 1811 opening, with MP experience you should be pretty competitive.

• hexen220
                  hexen220 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i got the exact same email

• SSG_MP
                  SSG_MP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha nice one Indians56! Yea I saw that posting, not really thrilled on those BIA locations though.

• Indians56
                  Indians56 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Neither was I, Glasgow MT doesn't have a whole lot to offer. However there was an opening in Tucson and Salt Lake City that didn't seem too bad.

• I got another email today about the online assessment, i completed all online assessments no further action required. I received that like 2 to 3 weeks ago too. Not really banking on this position as much as i am with my current 18-8 vra cbpo application

Comment

• KJB
                  KJB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same here, got the email but this isn't my most desired position anyway.

• Theout
                  Theout commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ahhh you guys do know that we received NOR for the announcement back on July 6?
                  People who received invitations to schedule proctored written exam are the ones moving forward .
                  This is most likely a mistake email.
                  Last edited by Theout; 07-22-2018, 07:49 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7160 users online. 391 members and 6769 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X