Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice investigator (opm-inv-10227802-dh-aja)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WillB1smday View Post
    Just got the thanks, but no thanks email. It stated I was not
    being considered due to the volume of applicants. I believe they are trying to say that I am not on any SAC’s radar and therefore would not be considered for direct hire.
    Oh, I almost forgot. I was one of the applicants that was told/emailed that further testing was not required.

Comment

• colonel87
      colonel87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same for me

• Just got this:
    • GL-1811-7; Your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants. If additional vacancies occur before the certificate expires, your application will be considered at that time.
    • GL-1811-9; Your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants. If additional vacancies occur before the certificate expires, your application will be considered at that time.
    I also received the email that stated no further testing was required.

Comment

• marathon
      marathon commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the same thing, 10 years fed experience with a master and I was in the last hiring cycle.

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. Not really worried about it.

• RVAhiker
      RVAhiker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I got the same email, time to keep applying as usual

• Originally posted by surfnturf90 View Post
    Just got this:
    • GL-1811-7; Your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants. If additional vacancies occur before the certificate expires, your application will be considered at that time.
    • GL-1811-9; Your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants. If additional vacancies occur before the certificate expires, your application will be considered at that time.
    I also received the email that stated no further testing was required.
    Same with me.

Comment

• Same here. Current 15yr 1811 too. Go figure.

Comment

• 9 year fed LEO, applied within minutes of the announcement opening. Bachelor's Degree. Not qualified for a GS-7 or 9.

For what it's worth, got the email saying I didn't need to test.

Comment

• Same here. Current local LE, BA, SAA. Got an email saying I didn't need to take the test.

Comment

• I got the "too many qualified applicants" email as well

Comment

• too many qualified applicants email as well. Good luck to those that got it in!

Comment

• I got the same email. Then a few hours later I got it again...

Comment

• Does this mean we're out, or that our applications are on hold?

Comment

• oef_vet
                    oef_vet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We're out most likely

• I got the “you are disqualified due to answers on the suitability questions.” Great...

Comment

• I think a lot of these vacancies will go to current HSI task force officers or people who knew or had a sac connection. Some of are current 1811s who have to take a big step backwards in gs ratings just to get in

Comment

• Schwook
                      Schwook commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm testing and I don't know anyone in ICE.

• Black Ops
                      Black Ops commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don’t think so. I’m an 1811 13-6 and I still couldn’t get in.

• Army_Cyber
                      Army_Cyber commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, this is a pretty broad generalization. I have no LE or DHS/ICE association or connection. Both boards are filled with current 1811's with tons of experience in the field who got the "thanks but no thanks" email. I know several others personally with same lack of LE and no association getting exam invites.

• Just wanted to share my experience today with the exam, make sure you study the math on the study guide and know it inside and out. I also recommend picking up the "Mastering the Special Agent Exam" either from Amazon or your local library. My library system had two and I requested it for next day pick-up. Those two in conjunction really helped with the test since the study guide was not all-inclusive or completely representative of the myriad math problem types.

Be warned that the final writing portion crashed for me as and has for several others. There was a candidate at my testing facility this morning who was just there to take the written exam, I was confused because I overhear him talking to the proctor when he he walked in, saying he was there to take the ICE written portion only. Afterwards I saw on Delphi that others had to reschedule that portion through the company that manages the test.

Good luck to all those left to test!

Comment

• Does anyone know if a DWI conviction will disqualify me?

Comment

• I would think so especially if it less than 10 yrs

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4800 users online. 262 members and 4538 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X