Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice investigator (opm-inv-10227802-dh-aja)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone who applied NOT get any email?

Comment

I also received the email
      EXAM # 1320
      LIST # 15**
      EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

You are all going to drive yourselves crazy. Just relax and wait until we hear more from an official source.

Comment

I was just called by testing company... I guess some locations are having difficulties so you may have to reschedule the test date

Comment

• Schwook
            Schwook commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, had to push it back a week.

Have no idea what the answer is, but for what it's worth I am a current fed leo 6c covered, 2 Masters, former street cop. I applied about 5 minutes after the opening went live, got an email saying I completed the assessments.

Comment

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here. Got app in few minutes after opening. Received same email. Current FLEO with DHS
            Last edited by FNG41YR; 07-02-2018, 12:08 PM.

Any good study guide recommendations besides the standard DHS issued.
          Last edited by AgentSpecial; 07-02-2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Schwook
            Schwook commented
            Editing a comment
            Honestly, LSAT prep was way better than that study guide.

Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
          Have no idea what the answer is, but for what it's worth I am a current fed leo 6c covered, 2 Masters, former street cop. I applied about 5 minutes after the opening went live, got an email saying I completed the assessments.
          Well then this confirms it. The completed assessments email was not dependent on the time you applied. There’s no way LadyKiller was not a part of the first 1000 applicants

Comment

• LadyKiller
            LadyKiller commented
            Editing a comment
            Or I didn't make the cutoff for some reason.

Maybe this will help all that received the"all assessment completed email" ":

What is Direct Hire Authority? Direct Hire Authority (DHA) is a temporary authority granted to agencies by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to hire individuals in an expedited manner. DHA allows agencies to:  Waive the rating and ranking system (including examinations, if required);  Suspend veterans’ preferences;  Eliminate the “Rule of Three” – where hiring managers are presented the top three candidates. Agencies must still post vacancy announcements on USAJOBS and include information about the use of DHA, but when the agency identifies a qualified candidate, an employment offer can be made on the spot and an appointment can be made immediately. Current Government-wide Direct Hire Authority OPM granted government-wide DHA in June 2003 for Information Technology Management (Information Security) positions under grade series GS-2210, GS-9 and above. This authority is currently active with no expiration date. Obtaining Direct Hire Authority DHA may be granted either government-wide or to a specific agency after a determination has been made that there is either (1) a critical need or (2) a shortage of candidates. An agency may request DHA from OPM by presenting OPM with evidence demonstrating a critical need or a shortage of candidates. Alternatively, OPM may independently determine that there is a critical need or a shortage of candidates. OPM will typically provide expirations for DHA. Agencies must present additional evidence to OPM to request an extension. If no expiration is provided, OPM will periodically review the DHA. While DHA shortens the hiring process in several areas, not all hiring procedures are affected:  DHA may be used for temporary, limited or term hiring, along with full-time employment;  Agencies may use DHA to convert employees to the excepted service, or those on temporary, limited or term appointments to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment. Agencies must provide public notice if they use DHA to do so, follow all applicable laws and regulations, and give full consideration to all candidates;  DHA does not waive qualification requirements – all candidates selected using DHA must meet the same qualification requirements as other candidates;  DHA does not waive the one-year probationary period or restrictions on movement in the first three months;  DHA may still be used after the expiration only if a written employment offer was sent prior to the expiration date, unless otherwise specified by OPM. Recent examples of agency use of DHA include the Department of Homeland Security and the US Air Force receiving DHA in 2010 to hire nearly 1,700 cybersecurity professionals over two years. The 2012 DHS Homeland Security Advisory Council recommended that DHS use its existing DHA to hire 600 new cybersecurity personnel.

Comment

• Njw85
            Njw85 commented
            Editing a comment
            So will we not have to take the exam? Has anyone confirmed this yet?

• Mhuck
            Mhuck commented
            Editing a comment
            This is good information, although has anyone gotten a definite answer to this issue?

This is probably comparing apples to oranges however, I remember when I was going to apply for Border Patrol, I didn't have to test either because I qualified for the GL-09. Again, not saying this is exactly the same because two different agencies are just that, two different agencies but still interesting.

• Njw85
            Njw85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Check your PM.

Got en email from HR today. States that for this announcement “no applicants will be able to reuse test scores from previous test sessions.”

Comment

• Got 3 emails: tentatively eligible, NOR, and a disregard email.

Comment

• cmor5150
              cmor5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same. Does that mean the grade eligibility is inaccurate? I was only found eligible for 7.

• AgentSpecial
              AgentSpecial commented
              Editing a comment
              cmor5150 nah above the the grade eligibility it say “Ineligible for the following position or positions:”

• Originally posted by AgentSpecial View Post
            Got 3 emails: tentatively eligible, NOR, and a disregard email.
            Did you or cmor take an exam ?

Comment

• cmor5150
              cmor5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              Negative. Supposed to take the test next week.

• AgentSpecial
              AgentSpecial commented
              Editing a comment
              Nah haven’t yet

• Quick question:

There is a phone number and email address in the “ no further action required” email.

Has anybody actually called or emailed to ask what the email means?
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• marco1soto
              marco1soto commented
              Editing a comment
              I called, no answer. I was sent to voice recorder telling me to email if I had any questions. I emailed shortly after that and no answer yet. This was last week.

• DB9173
              DB9173 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same. When you call, it says please send an email. Been about two weeks since I sent the email, no response.

• Originally posted by AgentSpecial View Post
            Got 3 emails: tentatively eligible, NOR, and a disregard email.
            So you and cmor got the email to schedule the test?

Comment

• AgentSpecial
              AgentSpecial commented
              Editing a comment
              I did and if he is going to take his next week then he probably did too.

• Schwook
              Schwook commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here. They're all jacked up due to the testing issues last weekend.

• Any people who qualified and applied as a GS 9 got scheduled for the test?

Comment

• 221bBaker
              221bBaker commented
              Editing a comment
              I applied as a 9 only and received an e-mail that due to the high volume of qualified applicants that mine is not being considered at this time (I applied the first day). In hindsight maybe I should have put in for 7 as well, but if I have to relocate then I can't take too much of a pay cut. Best of luck to anyone out there who is moving forward in the process.

• Just got the thanks, but no thanks email. It stated I was not
            being considered due to the volume of applicants. I believe they are trying to say that I am not on any SAC’s radar and therefore would not be considered for direct hire.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9828 users online. 472 members and 9356 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X