Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice investigator (opm-inv-10227802-dh-aja)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I am the only one who didn’t get an email lol

Comment

• Mhuck
      Mhuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't feel bad. Those of us that got an email don't really have a clue what the email means. We might as well have not gotten one either. lol

Originally posted by DB9173 View Post
    Looks like I am the only one who didn’t get an email lol
    Plenty others who applied on the 2nd and 3rd day did not get an email yet
    Last edited by Tommy_V; 06-29-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Current fed leo. Got the email saying all assessments were complete. Currently a ws-08 I know I can be for stuff up to a 13 with my current agency from this scale so maybe that's why? Who knows.

Comment

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        That might be it too, I am a GS8 and have done enough to qualify for GS9. When I applied for the BPA and CBPO GS9 VRA I didn't have to take a test. Maybe the test is only for those that merely qualify for GL-7.

I also received the all assessments complete e-mail and I applied on 06/05. I'm of the opinion that its neither a DQ e-mail, nor a "free pass" e-mail. I'm sure whoever is selected to move forward will have to take the SA test battery, as stated in the announcement. We will all find out sooner than later if the folks who got the e-mail to schedule the USA Hire online assessment are also the first ones contacted to take the SA test (i.e. the first 1,000 applicants). FWIW, I took the USA Hire online assessment for the USMS announcement within the past year.

Comment

Remember - This Direct Hire was authorized because ICE HSI proved they had a need for critical hard to fill specialties and skills. This isn't an open announcement. People are behaving like they HSI is obligated to move them forward/owed a pass to move on because on paper they meet the basic requirements and are eligible for the position. That "all assessments complete" is a generic USA Hire email, with people receiving it who had never taken any 1811 assessment before for any agency. They already have plenty of people from previous announcements in the pipeline to pull from. I believe this announcement is for offices to have greater control over who gets fast tracked (critical skills) to catch up and be added to the pool, and have other potential candidates standing by to create another pool for inevitable DQ's/offer rejections/withdrawals.

The whole email process has been a complete mess, and they obviously have lots of kinks to work out but as I understand it, this is fairly new for them so growing pains are expected.

Comment

• Mhuck
          Mhuck commented
          Editing a comment
          It's actually pointless for us to have this debate. Whether the email is to let people skip the test or not is irrelevant because no one knows what it means for sure. We should just wait for clarification before we start just making hard definite assumptions. There are several people who have gotten the email to test and not to test who have great qualifications. I have a degree and several years working narcotics in a major metropolitan in the United States. If they are seeking other skills that's great, we can all wait our turns. But I am not going to make any kind of definite assumptions until OPM comes out and gives further clarification over this miscommunication issue they are having with the emails.

Originally posted by CSUAlum View Post
        Same email.. no assessment needed. Rcvd around 2230 eastern
        Same for me

Comment

Hey guys, for what it is worth here is my situation. A buddy of mine and I have applied for two other federal jobs and this one at the same time. We have assessed the other two at the same time as well; non DHS assessments. For the HSI opening, I applied before he did, but he literally hit submit less than 10 minutes after I did on the first day of the opening. He received an email stating he would need to take the test, however, I received the "no need" email. I would say it is safe to hypothesize that "the email to take the test is for the first 1,000 applicants" is debunked. So who knows what and why they are assessing us the way they are. Let me add that I do have a Bachelor's Degree, graduated Suma Cum Laude, been in LE for 11 years, and have various specializations related to LE. My buddy, though amazing in his own right, does not have quite that much. Lastly, I am a female. I also applied for the female only opening this past week. So....all this to say, who the heck knows guys. TBD??? Good luck everyone and hopefully they'll clarify soon!!

Comment

• KJB
            KJB commented
            Editing a comment
            Is any of your LE time Federal and if so at the GS7 level or higher?

• Vikings80
            Vikings80 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope, just state and local.

Personally, I think ArmyCyber debunks the theory that a certain level of qualifications gets you a pass or no pass on the test. That dude.....or gal....is qualified as all hell and is taking the test I believe

Comment

Originally posted by kevmahones View Post
            Personally, I think ArmyCyber debunks the theory that a certain level of qualifications gets you a pass or no pass on the test. That dude.....or gal....is qualified as all hell and is taking the test I believe
            if Vikings is telling the truth then you are wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post

if Vikings is telling the truth then you are wrong
              Totally correct, sorry, I misread. Thank you. Either way total crap shoot right? I have had resumes lost, asked to test for positions I never applied for, been offered for one, and saw people who can't do 10 pushups receive offers for other agencies. Timing and luck seem to be some of the most important factors
              Last edited by kevmahones; 06-29-2018, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevmahones View Post

Totally correct, sorry, I misread. Thank you. Either way total crap shoot right? I have had resumes lost, asked to test for positions I never applied for, been offered for one, and saw people who can't do 10 pushups receive offers for other agencies. Timing and luck seem to be some of the most important factors
                All of these 1811 positions are crap shoots dude, don’t fall in love with any agency and keep applying

Comment

From Delphi forum, a user shared a response to an email they sent regarding the confusion and this was the response -

"This year we’ve moved to a new testing platform which requires all applicants to retest. In the future we will indeed be able to reuse scores, but not this year.”

Pretty interesting, the plot thickens lol.

Viking, out of curiosity, did you and your friend select the same geographic locations? From what I can tell, current HSI employees with recruiter contact have stated that SAC picks got the exam schedule emails along with some backups. Perhaps your friend selected an office where his resume caught the eye of a SAC and perhaps yours didn't for whatever reason at a different office.
                  Last edited by Army_Cyber; 06-29-2018, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Army_Cyber
                    Army_Cyber commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As for new testing platform, I wonder if the test has been updated significantly and from here on out, all future announcements will require taking this new exam. This might align better with the wording from the announcement stating that all applicants would need to take the exam. Hmm....

• DB9173
                    DB9173 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    delphiforums.com?

• Vikings80
                    Vikings80 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, we did pick the same locations.

• Vikings80
                    Vikings80 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Additionally, your theory makes sense. Who knows. Perhaps the individuals that got the "take the test" email were the direct picks. Some clarification will come I am sure. As with all these federal positions, I am just here for the ride, to do what they need me to do, and answer questions. I agree, it's all a crap shoot. So hang in there ladies and gents!! Regardless, I think I'd work an investigation with any of you very curious people! Ha

I don’t recall if in 2016 after the test if results were instant or took a while. Anyone recall?
                  Last edited by Frostbite 22; 06-29-2018, 09:13 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

• Slim 315
                    Slim 315 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They were not instant. I forget how long it took to get results, but I know it wasn't instant.

Take this for what it's worth, for all that are getting the "all assessment completed" email. I was told by a great source that, with the DIRECT HIRE, HSI could wave the test to get up the numbers of agents to put through the hiring process.

Comment

To add a bit more to my situation... I applied within the first 10min of the announcement being open, current LEO, BA + SAA, got the email to schedule the HSI SA Test Battery (320min). The only other exams I have completed for USAjobs are the CBP and BPA entrance exams.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6175 users online. 320 members and 5855 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X